FIVE

FACADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{  F I V E  } 

 

No one expected the next following events. 

 

Yuri was reading one of the books that they had to make reviews on. Both her and Baekhyun were working on different books and this was just one of the first two books that they should finish. Yuri was sure that she was going to finish this project fast although they had to do reviews of five novels, but apparently she was out of focus.


Luhan would make noises and annoy them from time to time which makes him earn a glare from Yuri. He would occasionally bump the table, grab his phone to make beeping sound, turning on the television and it's setting the volume to high, and would constantly talk to Baekhyun. Yuri doesn't know what he's up to or if he's doing this on purpose but it's really getting on her nerves. The boy isn't supposed to be here in the first place, doing things that distracts her, but Yuri doesn't have any choice for Baekhyun is already doing this huge favor towards her and he's his friend.

"One down." Baekhyun said in a tired voice slamming the first book he has finished in the middle of the table. "This is tiring." Baekhyun looked over at Yuri's side and noticed the the girl was spacing out in front of the book she's reading. "Yuri? Are you okay?"

Yuri snapped her head up and blinked for a while. "Oh. I'm alright." she shook her head a bit and tried to concentrate as much as possible as she can.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Luhan asked while grabbing a seat and seating next to her.

Yuri sighed and furrowed her brows. She looked at Luhan who was now beside her and glared at him. "I said I'm fine."

Luhan raised his hands. "Okay fine. Chill." he teased.

Yuri rolled her eyes and resumed her work. She tried hard focusing once again but was so frustrated for she can't even finish reading the book which was simply easy and short to read.

 

 


"Will you stop doing that." Yuri suddenly said.

Baekhyun looked up curiously checking why Yuri suddenly blurted that out. He laughed when he saw the scene that was actually occurring for the past minute and he didn't even noticed it. Yuri looks angry but Luhan was just staring at her while doing her work. Everyone knows Yuri doesn't want to be bothered at all especially when she's doing her job.

"Why are you laughing?" Yuri told Baekhyun.

"You guys look funny." Baekhyun said closing the book that he was reading. "You know Yuri, I think we have to do this last book first since it's what we really agreed on to do together. I don't think you would finish the other two while you're in here with us." he said while eyeing Luhan at the latter part.

Luhan rolled his eyes.

"You're right. I don't think I'll be able to work here." she sighed.

"I know I'm right." Baekhyun laughed and grabbed one of the books that was sitting at the farthest end of the table. He then circled around to sit next to Yuri as well but suddenly stopped when he saw Luhan giving a deathly glare. "Dude. What is wrong with you."

"No-thing." he said and stood up from his seat, walking towards one of the rooms and entered it.

Baekhyun laughed again, standing up from his sit and walking back to his former one. Yuri was confused on what was happening but she stayed silent. She's afraid that Baekhyun might mistaken something if she asks about Luhan further.

"Let's finish this now?" Baekhyun asked.

"Yeah sure." Yuri nodded and pressed her lips into a small line.

 

 

 


It was past seven in the evening when Yuri was walking on her way home. Most girls would be afraid of walking alone in the night but she was different. She has been doing these for the past years and she knows that this village was safe and nothing bad happened here so far.

"A lady like you shouldn't be walking around like this alone at this hour."

Yuri froze on her spot when she heard the man's voice. She gulped and slowly turned around to take a look at the stranger.

"What the hell?" Yuri blurted, seeing Luhan infront of her.

"What why?" Luhan looked around him, acting like there's nothing to be surprised of.

"What what why? I should be the one asking you questions. Why are you here?" 

"I'm heading back to my apartment?" Luhan smugged.

Yuri raised her brow. "No you are not. Why are you here?"

Luhan sighed. "Fine. I'm just worried."

Yuri's heart quickened a bit. Here is it again.

Yuri maintained an emotionless face but to her dismay Luhan still noticed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter