THIRTEEN

FACADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{  T H I R T E E N  } 

 

 

 

"Dad!" Yuri said as she ran towards her father.

"Yuri my baby!" he said and hugged her.

Yuri hugged back, feeling the warmth of her father's arms. She felt tired after the hours of travel to get here. She had to ride a cab, a train, and a cab again. "I'm so tired, did you cook any food?"

Her father laughed. "I don't get the connection between tiredness and food though."

Yuri scoffed a breath. "Dad please, food is energy." she said and dragged her father inside.

"Calm down Yuri, your father is not that young." he laughed when she ran along with him inside.

Yuri frowned. "Don't tell me you're sick."

Yuri's father smiled. "I won't be."

"That's good to hear then." she said and dropped her bag in their living room.

"Oh I'll tell the maids to put your bags in your room." he said.

"No, no, no." Yuri shook her head like a little kid. "I don't want anyone in my room remember? I'll put them there myself." she said.

He exhaled out a breathe. "Fine. I forgot." he motioned his hand to Yuri. "Go bring that up then, I'll call you when food is ready." he smiled.

"Yes daddy." she grinned and ran upstairs carrying her bag.

Yuri smiled as she saw her old room. It was full of her old things when she was still living under the room of her father. The room doesn't change that much for she come her every week end except for the past week which felt like a chaos to her.

That was only a week.

Only a week has passed but Yuri can't imagine the events that happened in her life. It wasn't much but it definitely is something to her. Things about school, volunteering, projects, and more. Even people in her life increased, before it was only Sooyoung who was talking to her and a few people. Now look at ther there's Tiffany reappearing in her life, the student council being friendly to her, Baekhyun and Chanyeol, oh yes and Luhan as well.

She felt it, it wasn't a good idea for her to be near that guy. She knows it from the start. But unfortunately she herself knows that she won't be able to avoid him at all times. She should've made the effort to stay away but she doesn't have a heart to, especially when she know that the boy isn't a bad guy.

Why am I thinking about him again?

Yuri dropped her bag and fixed her things. She didn't bring much since she have clothes that she left here and she's only staying for a day. She'll once be back again to the her apartment due to classes. This routine was hard for both of them since she already moved out even when she was still in high school. Yuri didn't want to, but one of the reasons she left was because this house bring back painful memories to her.

"Baby girl! Dinner is ready!!" her father called.

"I'm coming down!" she replied shouting. 

Yuri hurried downstairs not being able to resist the good food that she's craving for the past hour. The food here was Yuri's favorite, no matter what type is served, it will always be in her liking.

"There she is." her father laughed. "Come and sit here." he said tapping the seat next to him.

"I wouldn't want to miss the chance of tasting the splendid food you make here dad." she smiled.

"Of course. The head cook always makes sure that they have exactly followed your mother's recipe."

Yuri smiled as the food was being served by her father's maids. "Nah, you know mom's cooking is different. Although I'm impressed by your cooks, they're almost there." she laughed.

"You're right." he stopped. "I miss your mom. She really looks like you." he said at he took the table napkin. "I wish I wasn't so lonely here." 

Yuri pouted. "I'm sorry. I know you wanted my to stay here, but I want to study in that universtiy."

His father shrugged. "Is that really the reason?" he said hinting a voice of suspiciousness. 

Yuri stopped meddling with her food. "What do you mean?"

"Most people would just say yes honey." he said. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

Yuri almost choked on the food she just ate. She held up her hand in her father's face as gobbled up the water in her glass while her father just laughed.

"I can see that you're shocked by my question."

Yuri took time to take a breathe. "Ofcourse I am. What makes you think of that?"

"I have my sources."

"But dad, I don't have one."

"Maybe." He shrugged. "Relax honey, I won't kill him even if you have one." he laughed. "I know you won't lie to me." he smiled.

"Of course. I would tell you!" she said. "Were you trying to pull a prank on me?" she said taking a bite of the food that she's eating.

"Probably. Don't mind it anymore." he said. "Do you have friends then? Last time I checked you only had one." he asked.

"I don't really know if they're my friends yet. We kind of interact but still, trust is an issue." she laughed. There was a moment of silence before Yuri decided to speak again. "How's my brother?" she asked carefully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter