SIXTEEN

FACADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{  SIXTEEN  }

 


"Everyone please settle down." Yixing said as he stepped up the stage and stood behind the podium they have arranged. "First, of all I would like to thank all of you for coming to this event." he smiled at everyone. "As you may have seen, this event is not just for fun. Though it is an important event to the whole student body and the school itself. We the student council along with some volunteers have arranged this event to help the university raise some funds." Yixing motioned Sooyoung who was standing with the staffs who operates everything. "Not that the school has low funds you know, we just want to have a separate account for this." he said making everyone laugh.

Sooyoung then took control of operating the projector and gave Yixing a small remote. After a few seconds, images of the presentation flashed in the screen.

"As you can all see, our university has been supporting different non-government organizations and to be able to continue supporting them, we have decided to raise funds in different ways." he said, pausing for a while. "So basically, this event is one of them." he smiled at the crowd. "Me as well as the student council, faculty and staff, and to those who helped us bring this event to success, wholeheartedly thank you guys for supporting this event. Without you, we wouldn't be able to support different charities. And lastly if you guys don't mind,   donations are highly encouraged. Please approach our treasurer, Tiffany for that." he said. "That's all, God bless your night and enjoy." he said and bowed whilst everyone stood up from their seats and clapped.

"This is why I like Yixing so much, he is such a good guy." Krystal whispered.

Yuri turned her head towards her and looked around. "You're lucky I'm the one who heard that." she snickered. "You have a crush on Yixing?"

Krystal's eyes widened. "Ya. I thought you were Jinri!"

"Unfortunately I'm not, but lucky you that I'm Yuri." she smiled.

Krystal huffed and frowned afterwards, staring at her. "I don't get it. You don't seem to hate me that much but you're still not telling Luhan about the real me." she suddenly stopped and thought of something. "Oh, are you finally changing your mind and would want to help us?" she said sipping from her glass of wine.

Yuri shook her head. "I'm sorry but that's not my thing. I don't want to get involved."

"What a pity you could have been a good use. You can totally break his heart into tiny pieces." Krystal said.

Yuri smiled at her. "I know but I won't."

Krystal frowned. "I don't get you..."she paused. "and Luhan too. But I'm sure I'm about to later." she said walking away.

Yuri sighed at her when she started walking from her and approached her set of friends. How can she figure out, when I, myself, can't.

To be honest, Yuri was already dreading for this night to end. She was dancing non stop with people who have asked her and it was making her feet ache. Should I go home? Yuri looked around and found that most students were still having fun, socializing left and right. She frowned knowing that there isn't anything left for her to do in the party anymore.

"Yuri-ah!"

Yuri looked up to find Yixing smiling to her. "Why?"

Yixing laughed. "I didn't get to ask a dance from you yet."

Yuri wasn't afraid to show a tired face from him. "I'm tired Yixing. My feet hurts."

"But we haven't danced yet!" he pouted. "This is the only thing I'll ask directly from you." he smiled. "Just one dance."

This is one of Yuri's weaknesses. No matter how much she wants to say no, she will always end up saying yes. "Fine." she said standing up, taking Yixing's hand that he offered.

Yixing led Yuri to the middle of the dance floor and placed one of her hands on his shoulder. "I hope I don't offend anyone, asking you for a dance."

Yuri rolled her eyes. "You're not the only one who asked me. You're the ninth one who did." she laughed. "If there would anyone who would get offended, he should be tired by now."

Yixing widened his eyes. "That many already? Wow they must think you were really pretty today.

Yuri frowned. "It's many for me, not for others. And most were from the student council. I think it's a sign of thank you from you guys." she raised her brow.

Yixing shrugged. "Dunno." he sighed. "By the way. Has Luhan even asked you to dance yet?"

Yuri let out a breath and looked over the table where Luhan, Baekhyun and the others were sitting. He looks incredibly bored. "He didn't. I think he hasn't even asked anyone yet."

"How did you know that?" Yixing said while raising a brow.

"He was a table across from me. He hasn't stood up from that place except from grabbing a few drinks from the buffet table."

"You sound like you have been watching him the whole night Yuri."

"Shut up Yixing, like I care." she rolled her eyes. "He shouldn't have gone here if he's gonna act this way."

"Okay then." Yixing said and laughed.

Whilst Yuri's eyes never left Luhan as he saw her sitting there, doing nothing. It was true, why would even Luhan come here if he's not going to do anything. He could've make any excuse to let this night pas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter