EIGHT

FACADE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

{ E I G H T }

 

(Ten Years Ago)

Running down the park as the spring leaves were falling from the trees was what Yuri admired the most. It's almost fall and that only means one thing. Her best friend Tiffany has to leave again, as summer is currently slipping away.

She was both shocked and amused when she figured out that Tiffany would leave later than expected. She always leaves a week before summer vacation ends, but this time she was almost late for the start of her school year. On the other hand, she was a bit worried since she haven't heard anything from her friend for the past two days.

"Have you talked to Tiffany yet?" one of Yuri and Tiffany's friend asked.

"Nope." Yuri replied while pouting her lips. "I haven't  seen her as well."

"Of course you haven't. You could've talked to her immediately if you did pabo." her friend flicked her forehead and Yuri rubbed it from the pain. "And don't pout. You look ugly."

"Ya! Why don't you go home and stop lurking around my room. You didn't do anything but tease me." Yuri folded her arms.

"I went. Here to check on Tiffany but since you don't know as well.... I might leave now."

Yuri gasped as her friend smirked. "You idiot!" she said grabbing a pillow and threw it against him.

"Ok ok! Stop! I'll leave. You're getting too cranky." he said and ran off, leaving Yuri's room.

"That annoying little boy." Yuri said and crossed her arms again.

Yuri walked to her window and stared outside again, she looked at the trees that was starting to change. Where are you Miyoung? Why aren't you talking to us?

She sighed not knowing that she wouldn't be able to see her friend for years.

 

"What?" Yuri gaped at Baekhyun whilst the guy just bit his lip from nervousness. "Aren't you asking too much from me nowadays?"

"I know, I'm sorry. I was just wondering if you wanted to volunteer as well. The student government really needs helping hands for the upcoming school event, plus this would highly contribute to your grades and for your future too!"

Yuri glared at him and sighed. "I'll think about it." she said, seeing the look of hopelessness in Baekhyun's face.

"Oh my, I swear you won't regret joining us! Thank y0u Yuri!"

"Don't get your hopes up, I said I'll think about it."

"Nah I know you would agree." he said walking away with a wink.

Wow. Birds of the same  feather really do flock together. No wonder they're friends.


 

...


 

"You must thank me." Baekhyun said.

"Thank you for what?" I spat as he kept on bugging me for the nth time this past hour.

"Just thank me you'll know."

"I won't."

"You little brat. You will thank me one day."

"Shut up Baekhyun you're annoying us all." Chanyeol whined and covered his ears with his hands.

Baekhyun pouted. "I thought you were my friends."

"We are. But you're annoying us."

"Because you guys won't listen to me!"

"Why would we listen to you again?" Chanyeol said.

"Because we need this! Fine, I need this! The student government asked me if I could bring in some volunteers and since you two are my friends I want you guys to join me."

"Ohohoho. Is that what really happened?" Chanyeol smirked.

"Yes!"

"Mr. Byun is being a little fanboy right now aren't we? Trying to impress noona." Chanyeol teased.

Baekhyun pouted once again. "Ya. I'm begging you guys to help me. I don't want to disappoint her."

Luhan and Chanyeol bursted out laughing. "If that's what you want then." Luhan said.

"So you'll agree to it?"

"Yeah, yeah we'll help." Luhan said making Baekhyun jump in joy.

"Did I agree to this already?" Chanyeol suddenly spoke earning a slap from Baekhyun. "Ow, ow, okay okay fine. Don't need to be violent here." he said as he rubbed his aching arm.

"So the meeting's tomorrow at the student council's office, I'll be expecting you guys to be there!" Baekhyun said smiling at his two friends. "Oh I have to go now. I'll let noona know that I gathered some volunteers." he waved and happily hopped away from his friends.

Chanyeol and Luhan looked at his each other with a weird look on their faces.

"I know he's a very active person but he just looks like a ray of sunshine today." Chanyeol said. "And it's even more than me?!"

Luhan laughed and patted his friend's back. "Don't worry man, love can do many things. You'll see one day."

"Yeah. I bet I will see more changed from now on." he sighed. "He doesn't even like working now he wants to volunteer for a freaking event just to impress the student council vice president?! This is insane." he huffed out an air.

"Don't be jealous, he still loves you." Luhan chuckled seeing his friend's unamused face.

"Excuse me what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter