The Arrival

Worst Case Scenario

Seeing that he had everything packed in his bag, Sehun decided that it was best to leave right now. Or he would miss his flight, which he really wanted to catch. Scratch that, needed to catch. And his mother's lovely marmalade wasn't helping him either.

"Uuurgghhh...", he groaned, "Goodbye, Mother. I really do need to leave right at this intstant", he spoke in an unbroken chain of perfectly accented English words. He never really spoke like this to anyone. Ever. But his mother, who just so happened to be the owner of the famous chain of 'Oh My God' restaurants, was definitely an exception.

"Alright darling", came a haughty shrill voice from the hallways, "We're going to miss you so, your father and I. Right, Henry?"

"That's right, Nina. Bye son, you'll come back manlier, right?", grunted his father, while reading the daily newspaper.

"I will definitely come back, manlier...", Sehun spoke so that it could reach his parents ears, ".....and I'll get myself some ninjas to strangle the both of you". he hushly whispered.

"You do know that ninjas are Chinese, and you are infact going to Seoul, in South Korea, right...", came a voice from behind the kitchen counter, which made Sehun flinch in response,"Master Sehun?"

"Ahh Steve, I will surely miss you more than those things sitting on the couch", he said to his butler while rolling his eyes towards the direction of his parents.

"Yes Master Sehun, and I'll miss you too... It does sound cheesy, doesn't it?"

"Yeah it does."

"We should probably shut up."

"Yeah we sould."

An awkward silence broke out between the two.

Suddenly, Sehun wrapped his arms tightly aroud Steve. Who was he kidding, Steve was his best friend (probably only friend) for the 17 years that he had lived for.

"I'll miss you, Steve..", Sehun whimpered, feeling tears around his pale cheeks.

"Hush, don't cry, Master Sehun, atleast now that you'll be in Korea, people will have the same kind of names, if not worse, as your's." Steve mumbled, causing Sehun to chuckle.

"Ahh Steve, you do know how to remind me of the fact that my parents have British names, an they named me Sehun. SEHUN. WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN!!! DO THEY KNOW WHAT SEHUN MEANS???", Sehun mock-raged.

"Trust me, NO one does.", came Steve's witty reply.

Ahh, how he was going to miss Steve.

They finally bade each other farewell and surprisingly, Sehun made it to the airport on time.

He boarded the flight. Read for a few hours. Slept.

 

 

He took a cab to his destination, and while looking out of the window, he could see that Seoul was also a very busy place. Like London. Oh, how he was gonna miss London. The Queen, The Big Ben, the girls... Oh snap out of it, Sehun!

After carefully paying the taxi driver with the won he had, he started to inspect the place in front of him.

"Woah.. The magazines weren't lying about this place... No wonder it is one of the most prestigious Arts Universities in the world..." he said to himself, dreamily.

He proceeded.

 

"Universitiy of Arts, Seoul. S.M. dorm, section EXO", mumbled Sehun, the jet lag of a 14 hour flight from London to Seoul taking a toll on him. As he grudgingly walked along the sidewalk leading to the Univerity, he spotted several people chatting and laughing in groups all around the place.

Socialism.... I HATE socialism......

Just during that thought, he assumed he had reached his destination. Being the polite 'Englishman' that he was, he gave three quiet knocks on the burgundy door before mumbling a calm "Excuse me".

A minute passed. Two. Three.

Just as he was about to knock again, a slightly tall tanned boy yanked the door open. Behind him a bunch of other stinky, sweaty boys fighting while simultaneously complaining, "Yah Kai!!! I wanna meet the new kid!!!"

"Wasaaapppp brrrraaaaahhhhhh. ImJonginItsNiceToMeetYouYouCanCallMeKaiBecauseOnlyMyKyunggiieeBabyCanCallMeJonginWhyAreYouJustStandingThereComeIn", he said.

Sehun just stood there, rethinking about his decision to join the Institution. Even so, he stepped in. As soon as he set foot in the apartment, a wet towel was chucked his way... He glared at the owner of it, who widened his owl eyes to a size larger than they were in reality. Apologetically, he quickly said, "Oh, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry... That was meant for Kai... My name is Kyungsoo, you are Sehun, no?

To this, Sehun dumbly nodded his sleepy head.

Kyungsoo then continued, "Its nice to meet you.. I'm really sorry that your arrival was well, something of a 'grand occaision'...

Sehun chuckled.

"Your room is the first to the right", said Kyungsoo, smiling sweetly at the boy.

At that moment, Sehun decided that he liked Kyungsoo. He seemed sane. Not like those other pigs fighting on the couch.

"Yah Kim Jongin!!!! You call me Kyungie one more time, I swear I'll kill you... Stupid "

 

It was dinner time, and Kyungsoo knocked at the door to inform Sehun. Grudgingly, Sehun made his way to the table, where a bunch of boys who were previously chatting noisily about something suddenly stopped and gawked at Sehun. Awkwardly, Sehun took a seat.

To break the ice, he began, "Hello, my name is Oh Sehun. I'm from London and I'm majoring in dance here."

"Wahhh!!!" said the boy with excessive eyeliner on, "Such a cute British accent!!! I'm Baekhyun, and I'm majoring in vocal skills", he said.

"Bake-what?", Sehun asked, clearly finding it difficult to pronounce the boy's name.

Sighing, Baekhyun said, "Since you're new here, and you seem nice, I think I'll let you call me Bacon till you get used to pronouncing my name right. Once again, only you can call me Bacon, if anyone else does...", all the other boys whined."Lucky new kid," Sehun heard one of them say. He decided to use this advantage to the fullest.

"Alright Bacon...Hyung? Is that how they say it?", Baekhyun nodded happily.

One by one, all the other boys followed suit, and introduced themselves.

"I'm Chanyeol, and I'm majoring in sculpture, I'm Baekhyun's roommate. Our room is just across your's. So, if you need anything, just ask us." a tall lanky boy, who seemed to be very happy (as if on drugs) spoke. Nonetheless, Sehun courteously nodded.

"I'm Kai, and I'm majoring in dancing. That means we'll be together", the said boy beamed, to Sehun's slight discomfort,as he remembered his arrival to the apartmet. "Sorry for your awkward arrival", he scratched his neck shyly," I hope we can become good friends in the future". And with that, he smiled.

"Hey", said Kyungsoo, "I'm Kyungsoo and I'm majoring in vocal skills. I am Kai's roommate and our room is down the hall. I'm always there if you need anything", Kyungsoo smiled sweetly.

"Hello, I'm Yixing, call me Lay. I too am majoring in dance with you and Kai. Suho is my roommate and our room is the one with the blue door", the handsome boy said. He then smiled at Sehun, showcasing his dimple. Boy, Sehun could swear that another boy was glaring, staring holes into an unsuspecting Lay's back.

The said boy then turned to Sehun and firmly spoke, " Hello. I'm Joonmyeon but you can call me Suho and I'm majoring in history of arts"' he then moved his hand forward to give Sehun a firm shakehand. To be honest, Sehun was slightly cared of this Suho guy.

Sensing the tension between the two, a cute looking boy spoke up, "Hey! I'm Minseok but please do call me Xiumin. I too am majoring in sculpture with Chanyeol and Chen and I live in the room with the green door", he said adorably. Sehun decided to wave at him.

Another boy spoke up,"Hey! I'm Jongdae or Chen, whichever you prefer and I'm majoring in painting", he said. Sehun doesn't know why, but Chen reminds him of a camel.

A rather pissed looking boy continued, "I'm Tao. I'm majoring in Martial Arts. You piss me off, I break you, you understand?", Sehun gulped,"Anyways, its nice meeting you. For some reason, I think that you'll be nice", he continued chirpyly, as if he had just not threatened to break Sehun.

The last boy started, "Hello I'm Wufan, Yifan, Kevin Wu, but most people know me as Kris. I too am majoring in painting with Chen and Tao and I live in the room with the pink door. Its nice to meet you", he stated.

Sehun once again greeted everyone, know that he partially knew them and tucked into the most beautiful meal he had ever had. He moaned in delight. This Kyungsoo is an excellent cook.

Baekhyun giggled,"We know how you feel, Kyungsoo is an amazing cook", Kyungsoo whacked Baekhyun on the head in embarrassmet.

The rest of the meal went along peacefully and Sehun bade all his dorm mates goodnight and went to his room. Apparently he too would have a roommate in a few week's time as some kid from China was coming on an exchange program.

An exhausted Sehun hit the bed and drifted off to dreamland. "These guys aren't THAT bad", he mumbled... Little did he know that there were people right outside his room discussing about how they should wake the poor darling up the following morning.

 

 

A/N:  Sooooo..... First chapter's up!! Howwzzziiiittt???? Longggggg, right?!!! Forgive me for any grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter. Anyways, do vote, comment, and subscribe!!

Love ya strangers,

21stcenturyordinarycreep