一 Fortuitous Happenstance

60 Seconds of Happiness

 

“I need the layout for our next event as soon as possible.”

“Noted Ms. Hyemin-ssi.”

Three years have passed since the supposed to be big event of my life happened. I am now working as a fashion designer for a clothing brand in Korea after studying in Paris for almost two years. I can say that I am happy and contented with what I am now.

“Cheers to my one and only daughter. I am so proud of you my child and I am glad that you listened to my advice not to get married easily.” My mom said as she raised the wine glass then smiled at me. “I am pretty sure that you will not be able to attain your current position now if you followed your heart instead of your brain.”

I just smiled slightly at my mom and enjoyed the rest of my night with them.

-----------

“With all my sincerity, I want to tell you that I will love you with all my heart. Now I’m proposing to you. Having waited and longed for your love, I hope you’ll reply me as soon as possible. Hyemin-ah, will you be my wife?”

Chanyeol’s proposal suddenly played in my mind as I’m dealing with insomnia. Well, I can’t blame it because back then I really don’t believe in love until I met him, the most handsome guy I’ve ever seen next to my father. That person who is the only one who won my heart. I wonder how he is right now, probably he is doing pretty great too. I then fell asleep, questioning myself from those moments that happen two years ago.

The next morning, I stopped by my favorite coffee shop to buy my usual morning drink and decided to just finish it on the way to my working place. "Oh !" I felt like I was strucked by a lightning on where I am standing when I noticed a guy whose back feature is exactly the same with Chanyeol.

“Impossible.” I mumbled. "They said that he left Korea the day after our planned wedding date so it is impossible for him to be here." I just shrugged and headed inside the office.

-----------

Runway, models, applauding crowd and my designs, everything goes perfectly according to plan. I feel like I am going to tear up when all the efforts I exerted for almost a month are worth it.

“May we call on the person behind this fabulous event, Ms. Hyemin Choi. Please give her a round of applause.” One of the event’s host said as he offered his left hand to assist me towards the centerstage.

I climbed up the runway, smiling at everyone while the other host hold out a bouquet of red roses to me. Just like a normal fashion show, I gave out a speech and as I am about to give a bow, my eyes grew bigger when I noticed someone familiar with the crowd. My heart started on pounding heavily and I might faint in no time.

“It…. It’s …. Imp.. impossible…” I mumbled softly and shook my head dumbfoundedly. “Cha.. Chanyeol.”