六 Bound to you

60 Seconds of Happiness

My whole room is completely a mess as I find a suitable dress to wear for the dinner. I started feeling jumpy right after I read Chanyeol’s message, how did he get my number in the first place? I have been grinning like a crazy retard looking for something to wear and I noticed that I have an hour left to prepare.

“Not this- argh I look horrible… This wouldn’t do!! Argh I’m going crazy.” I talked with myself.

Seriously I brought quite a lot of dresses but as I tried them, I can’t seem to find something better. Girls and their closet dilemma to be very honest. Scattered clothes can be found all over the bed as I saw a teal haltered dress, a gift from Chanyeol.  I decided to wear it with my heels and my necklace together with a pearl pendant.

“I guess this will do.” I hurriedly fixed my hair and my makeup, I should be ready when Chanyeol arrived.

The doorbell rang as I’m wearing my shoes, it must be Chanyeol so I looked at the mirror one last time and noticed how messy my room is so I better get ready so there’s no need to invite Yeol inside.

“Hey!” Chanyeol greeted me as soon as I open the door.

“What’s up Yeol?” I waved at him while grinning.

“Ready to go?”

“Yeah, will this do?”

Chanyeol nodded as he check me out from head to toe. “That looks okay”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes. So should we leave now?”

Chanyeol offered his hand and escorted me towards his car. He started driving as soon as we entered his car. I remember he used to check if my seatbelt is on and sometimes he is the one who put it to me tho. I buckled my seatbelt and glanced slightly at him. I think he didn’t remember the dress that I'm wearing, I bet he didn’t like it either suddenly remembering the way he complimented Hyemin and how he complimented mine awhile ago. 

* * *

Lory and the others were already inside the restaurant when we arrived at Buca di Beppo, I sat beside Lory in front of Chanyeol. Ahreum is not around yet because she had some important matters to attend with, but she said she will still catch up so he asked Chanyeol to wait for her. I’m still not feeling well but I managed to shrug it off.

“Are you feeling better now?” Lory asked me and looked at Chanyeol. “You two came here together?”

“Yeah—I’m afraid she is still feels sick so I decided to fetch her” Chanyeol replied while glancing at me.

“Well how nice of you Chanyeol-ah. Should we order now?” Lory said while browsing the menu.

The restaurant has a peaceful and calming ambiance, it is not too crowded and boring. I don’t have the appetite at the moment so I find it difficult to search for something to eat in the menu, well it’s not like the food there is not delicious, I just don’t feel like eating at all.

“I guess seafood pasta for me” Chanyeol said to the waiter.

I got surprised when Chanyeol said that and I butted in unhesitantly. “Seafood pasta without shrimp right?” I looked at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol shook his head and smiled at me. “ No no, shrimp will do"

“Eh? But you don't like shrimp.”

“I started liking it ever since Ahreum cooked for me.”

“Oh—“ I nodded. “I see, well that is great” I smiled back at him slightly and ordered spaghetti with meatballs to the waiter.

As we started eating, Chanyeol can really eat shrimp now. I used to remove the shrimp on his food everytime he ordered seafood pasta or just order it without shrimp. He loves seafood pasta very much  but not the shrimp.

“I feel like singing right now.” Lory said after we finished eating “Should we go in a karaoke and drink?”

Everyone agreed, Chanyeol too so it has been decided to go to a karaoke to sing our hearts out. I think I am in a bad shape right now, because I tend to enjoy drinking plus I don’t actually sing so I really feel uncomfortable as soon as we arrived at the place.

Lory and the others enjoyed singing and drinking while I am just sitting and watching them. Chanyeol suddenly sitted beside me.

“Are you alright?” He nudged me annoyingly while grinning. “You better sing too” he laughed.

“YA! Are you trying to bully me now?” I glared at him.

“Everyone will sing, and aren't you one of everyone? So I am expecting you to sing too. Besides I already picked a song for you” He sticked his tongue out and headed towards the others.

Chanyeol can be annoying at times but yeah I must admit I fell in love with this guy.

I can’t help but smile everytime I see them being playful and hyper as they sing out loud even if they can’t even sing. A familiar song suddenly played in the karaoke machine. I got surprised when I saw Chanyeol holding the microphone and stood in front.

“When I see your smile

Tears roll down my face I can't replace

And now that I'm strong I have figured out

How this world turns cold and it breaks through my soul

And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one”

 

Red Jumpsuit Apparatus’ Your Guardian Angel. My favorite song of all time, and I love it even more everytime I hear Chanyeol singing it.

 

“I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to heaven”

 

I cannot help but to stare at him and didn’t noticed that the ice in my drink are starting to melt. I ignored everyone teasing and poking and drinking. I feel like the whole world stopped moving and it’s just me and Chanyeol.

 

“Cuz you're my, you're my, my, my true love, my whole heart

Please don't throw that away

Cuz I'm here for you

Please don't walk away and

Please tell me you'll stay woah, stay woah

 

Use me as you will

Pull my strings just for a thrill

And I know I'll be okay

Though my skies are turning gray”

 

I didn’t noticed that tears suddenly fall down from my eyes, I feel like my heart will break anytime soon. Almost all the memories we had together suddenly popped in my mind, now I keep on questioning myself why did I even left him? I still want him, yeah I really want him and I still love him. But it’s me who abandoned him right? He didn’t abandoned me… it’s me.. it’s freaking me.

I stood up and ran outside the room then headed towards the lavatory and tried to stop my tears from falling.

“I am still into you, Park Chanyeol.” I mumbled to myself and walked out of the lavatory, feeling flustered.

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol said while leaning his back against the wall waiting outside the comfort room. “Still not feeling okay? Do you want some medicine?”

I just shook my head and hugged him tight as I buried my face on his chest.

“Are you drunk?” Chanyeol patted my back “Do you want to go home? Are you hurt anywhere?”

I just stood there and not saying anything, still hugging him tightly. I took a deep breath and pulled myself away from him. “Sorry”

I headed back to the room to bid goodbye to everyone and told them that I am not feeling was an excuse. Chanyeol also said to Lory that he will send me back to my hotel so she shouldn’t worry.

“I can take a cab instead Yeol-ah, I am alright” I said to Chanyeol as we reached the entrance of the place.

“You don’t seem like okay, let me send you back”

“I said I am alright, I just want to be alone. I will see you tomorrow.” I smiled at him and patted his back and went in a cab.

I left Chanyeol outside the karaoke place without even looking back. Tears started flowing from my eyes, I don’t even know why I am being sensitive like this. Maybe I am not really feeling well.

I asked the cab to drop me few meters away from my hotel because I want to get some fresh air and walk as I deal with this melancholic side of me, but as soon as I arrived outside the hotel—Chanyeol was there, waiting.