三 Isn't it ironic?

60 Seconds of Happiness

The plane landed safely after an hour, I can feel the warm breeze as I walk outside the airport and headed towards the venue for my next event. Jeju is one of the place that I badly wanted to visit and luckily we will spend quite some time here. Just as what I have imagined, our accomodation is near the beach and you can actually see the entire view of it right in my hotel room’s balcony. “This will be great.” I muttered to myself as I fixed my luggage and took a short nap before meeting my co-workers this late afternoon.

I was invited to be a fashion designer or probably more like of a fashion expert slash coordinator for Lory’s next magazine issue. Well, Lory is kind of one of the few who helped me be famous in this industry so as a gratitude I can’t turn her down.

I woke up at exactly 1PM to take a quick shower and to fix myself before the shuttle arrive. I wore a pink and white knee-length floral dress and tie up my hair and curl the ends, since I know that it will be a sunny weather today and I just want to make a good impression to those whom I'll be working with.

“Hyemin-ah! Ppali ppali” Lory said as she grinned cheekily when she saw me entering the venue.

“Hey, am I late?” I said to her as soon as I reached inside. “Is it just the two of us?”

“Ani. Hmm the others are on their way here. What would you like to drink?”

“I’ll gonna have ice latte”

After chitchatting with Lory, I went to the lavatory for a bit and as I head back I saw someone familiar walking towards the entrance of the café. A tall guy wearing a white v-neck shirt and a not so tight jeans with a black snapback. He is with a girl, her height reaches the shoulder of the guy. She is pretty with a milky white skin and long black hair. I do believe she is wearing a floral dress too but it’s red and it’s length is above the knee, giving her a y innocent aura.

“Park Chanyeol?” I said surprisingly “Wow, what a small world. Vacation?” I added as I glance at his companion.

“No- no no. I’m not in vacation, we have something important to do here. How about you? Are you having a vacation here?” Chanyeol said with a shocked expression as he noticed me looking at the girl beside him.

“Hmm, I have something to do here.” I replied. “Well, I gotta go coz I'm having a meeting today. It was nice meeting you here again.” I tried to force a smile as I greeted the girl beside him and head back to Lory.

I was pretty distracted when I get back to my seat, my mind is still dealing with Chanyeol and that girl with him. I wonder if they are on a date or something, I can’t seem to focus with what Lory is saying about and return back to my normal self when I heard Chanyeol’s voice again.

“Hey, sorry we are late.” Chanyeol said to Lory as he offered his hand to her.

“No problem, we didn’t waited that long. Now come and sit with us and lets start the meeting.” Lory replied as she shook the hand of Chanyeol and also the girl he is with.

Chanyeol sitted in front of me and I can still see a shocked expression when he saw me. “Hyemin-ssi, why are you here? Don’t tell me-“ He stopped, raising one of his brows.

“You know each other? Well Chanyeol, this is Hyemin. She will be the fashion coordinator for our shoot” Lory suddenly said. “And Hyemin, Chanyeol and her- hm what is your name again?" She paused for a few seconds. "Ah matda! Ahreum-ssi. Both of them will be our models for the shoot.”

Chanyeol nodded in surprise, his eyes are glued at me as he smiled brightly. “It will be nice to work with you Hyemin-ssi, please take care of us.”

“I’m sure it will be fun working with everyone.” I smiled back at him and I can’t help but to feel anxious with myself everytime I look at the girl beside him.

“So the two of you know each other eh? How? Are you acquaintances?” Lory suddenly butted in with her chatty mouth. “Or did the two of you had a serious relationship from the past?” She chuckled playfully, making me blush. “Just kidding”

“Ani!” I said while shaking my head disapprovingly.

“We are just friends from the past, and it’s been how many years since we last saw each other.” Chanyeol replied and smiled again at me.

The girl beside him is getting curious about my relationship with Chanyeol as her eyes focused at him, waiting for an answer just like a girl being shocked that her boyfriend might be or probably cheating on her. Her expression changed when Chanyeol said that we are just friends from the past. Well, I cannot blame Chanyeol for saying those stuffs. I guess we should just forget the nightmare that happened before and just live a new life and never bring those back anymore.

The whole afternoon passed by talking about what to do with the shoot together with the flow and schedule.

“So I guess that would be all for today. Let’s just rest for the day and meet tomorrow morning for the shoot.” Lory said as she checked her phone. “Be sure not to be late and sleep early.” She then stood up from her seat and waved at us before heading outside after paying the bill.

Other staffs followed Lory to talk about other things related for the shoot tomorrow. As for Ahreum, she also followed Lory to sign some papers and stuffs. So basically it's just me and Chanyeol who are still inside the café filled with a very awkward atmosphere.

“Where are you staying here by the way?” Chanyeol broke the silence and looked at me as he rest his back against his seat. “Is it far? Should I walk you back?”

Ah finally, the talkative Chanyeol is back, I can’t help but to smile at him and replied. “I’m staying at Jejudo Hotel. I think I can take a cab and go back to the hotel on my own.”

“I insist, you are kind of clumsy and stupid sometimes.” Chanyeol chuckled and does a V sign at me. “I remember way back, you wanted to see me but you ended up getting lost because you always depend on your car's gps and you don’t even know how to ride a bus or train and scared of riding cabs.”

“Ya! That was before okay? Tch- or you’re just getting the timing to insult now. You didn’t changed a bit.” I smiled at him. “But if you really want to walk me back to the hotel. Fine! I will not stop you.”

Chanyeol and I headed outside with quite a few distance between us. He stretched his body and started walking backwards as he look at me.

“I hope this shoot will be great, be sure to make me wear clothes that will surely make me even more handsome okay?” He said.

“Neh, arasseo.”

“You sure do not talk that much, do you feel awkward?”

I shrugged. “I guess? Kinda?”

“Why? Because of the past?” He messed up my hair. “Ya! I told you to just forget about it hm? Don’t let those stuffs affect our work. Silly girl.”

“Neh neh neh arasseo arasseo arasseo.” I saluted at him. “Anyway Yeol, how’s life?”

“It’s still the same, I’m a part-time model plus a photographer too. Oh! and also helping my sister on managing our family business since my dad already passed away.”

“….. Your dad passed away?” I stopped and looked at him.

“Yes, almost two years ago- Cardiac arrest.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” I looked down and sighs as I remember how kind Chanyeol’s father is. He really wanted me to marry Chanyeol and be a part of his family. I am pretty sure, I put him down because of what I did before.

“Don’t be, atleast my dad will not suffer from his illness anymore. And I’m pretty sure he is still watching us from above.” He patted my shoulder. “He might scare you too for abandoning me, just kidding”

“Ya!” I hitted Chanyeol’s arm.

“Anyway want to have a dinner together?”

I was about to accept Chanyeol’s invite to have a dinner with him when Ahreum suddenly popped in and we didn’t realized that we had reached the hotel already.

“Oppa! Let’s go out and eat” Ahreum said as she linked arms with Chanyeol. “Hyemin-ssi do you want to join?”

I can see Chanyeol looking and waiting for my reply, “I’m not hungry yet and I feel like taking a nap first. I will just eat later.” I said as I smiled at Ahreum.

“Are you sure?” Chanyeol said.

“Yes, you two- Eat well neh? And don’t stay up too late. See you two tomorrow” I waved my hand and walked inside the elevator. I cannot help myself but to feel sad and just sighed.

I feel weird seeing them together, or am I feeling envious because to be honest they actually look good and perfect with each other. I am even blaming myself for not asking Chanyeol what is his relationship with her. Well, I’m not in the position for asking him that right? I mean, it’s not my business so why I should bother? I just jumped on the bed then forced myself to sleep as I reached my room and ignored everything.