十一 If only

60 Seconds of Happiness

I decided to focus with my work and give up on Chanyeol so I spent a lot of time and effort with Lory’s summer event. I am pretty sure with what Chanyeol did to me is just a part of my bad karma, maybe I am being punished for what I have done. So I guess that was really the end, for us.

Three days before the event, I was left alone in the venue’s dressing room area adding some final touches for the outfits that will be used on the said event. Maybe I am too busy to check my phone and didn’t notice that I had four missed calls. I looked at it and the caller is not registered in my phonebook , and it looks even strange because that is also the number who called me few weeks ago. So I tried to dial the number again to figure out if it’s a wrong number or if the caller is looking for me or whatsoever. After a quite few tries of dialing the number, somebody answered it but I cannot hear anything at all. I keep on saying hello and if the caller is looking for someone or if he just dialed a wrong number. The call ended after a few seconds and I find It even weird, so I just shrugged and thought that it might be a prank call so I decided to do whatever I am doing again.

On the day of the event, I was busy helping the models to doll their selves up and wasn’t able to watch the show. Lory suddenly walked towards me and told me that I should fix myself too because I need to come up on the stage when the host called me. I was shocked at first but she discussed that I am a big part of the show so I must be with them too. I wore my red cocktail dress and my 3-inches heels then tie up my hair and put on some light makeup. Lory was wearing a silver long and revealing dress and her four inches black heels. She looked very stunning and seductive plus she is very feminine that time.
 

I went on the stage when the host called my name up, they gave me a bouquet of flowers and I heard the crowd applauding. I awkwardly smile as I looked at the guests and also the photographers who are taking lots of photos for the event. I suddenly stopped, and I feel like the time stopped too when I saw Chanyeol in the crowd. I am pretty sure that I am not mistaken with what I saw; he walked towards the exit which made me abandon the stage and ran after him. I was yelling his name out loud when I reached outside the venue and scanned everywhere. I keep on running and yelling his name but I cannot see him around. My heels broke as I tripped on something and fall on the ground then I cried a lot. I don’t know if I cried because I got hurt or probably it’s because I just saw the person that I am longing to meet again. I feel like my heart was shattered into pieces as I keep on repeating his name.


***


Few days after Lory’s event, I decided to visit Chanyeol’s house in Seoul. I know I felt so pathetic but I badly wanted to see him. As I am about to ring the doorbell, the gate opened and I saw Yeol’s sister heading out while holding a bag full of stuffs. She got shocked when she saw me, and I expected that she might yell at me for abandoning his brother.

“Hy-hyemin-ah!” She said while her eyes were still glued at me. “What are you doing here?”

“Annyeonghaseyo Yura-eonni” I bowed ninety degrees at her and greeted her awkwardly. “I was just— ahmm… errrr..”

“What?” She raised her brow while waiting for me to reply.

“I was just looking for Chanyeol… Is he around?”

Yura shook her head. “Chanyeol is not here, he’s been away for  a month or two? I supposed?”

“Do you know where he might be?”

“Why are you looking for my brother?”

“I.. I just felt like I have some unfinished business with him” I mumbled.

“Unfinished business? Aren’t the two of you were done already? Can you please stop with this nonsense stuffs you are blabbering about? Stop trying to ruin my brother’s life again.”

She closed the gate and walked down the stairs. “Now if you excuse me, I have something to do. Be careful on your way home.”

She headed inside her car and drove away. I was left alone outside Chanyeol’s house and I kept on thinking what his sister told me before she left. Well, I must admit that she got a point tho but I still wanted to clarify things and have a proper closure with each other. Although part of me is still hoping to have Chanyeol back, maybe I should consider backing off and stop being such a pest to Chanyeol and his family.

My phone rang again but I managed to answer it. I can’t hear anything but a sobbing-like voice, I cannot figure out who might this be.

“Hello, are you alright?” I said with a soft tone still figuring out who might it be.

I was just standing outside Chanyeol’s house with the phone on my ear listening to some stranger sobbing. The call was ended after a few minutes and I was dumbfounded with what just happened. I decided to have a drink before heading back to my apartment.


***


An opportunity came for me to study more about fashion designing in Japan. It will be a few months training and studying. I grabbed the offer since it will be a huge benefit and also an advantage for me. My phone suddenly rang while I was busy packing my stuffs. I hesitated to answer it since it looks like it will be another prank call again. After a few minutes, my phone started ringing again so I decided to turn it off and put it inside my bag. The car that will take me to the airport was already waiting for me outside so I quickly finished everything up and headed downstairs.

I arrived in the Japan earlier than the expected time of arrival, the weather is great and I am pretty that I will enjoy in the place. I  my phone as soon as I arrived at my hotel and noticed that I got quite a few messages.


Message 1.
From: Lory
Hey there girl, I was about to call you but it looks like your phone is 
off. Anyway have a safe trip and enjoy your stay there. See you in a few 
months xoxo.


I smiled at Lory’s message for me, she’s kind of a darling sometimes. The other two are just spam and the last message is from an unknown number.


Message 4:
From: +****5738
No matter what has happened.  No matter what you’ve done. No matter what 
you will do. I will always love you, I swear it.


Message 5
From: +****5738
I wish you all the good things in life. May you be happy forever…


I was literally curious with whoever is sending me messages and calling me up without even talking or whatsoever. I decided to use the hotel room’s phone and called the number. The call was answered after a few rings and the voice is familiar. It was the voice that I am dying to hear for, my tears started falling again as I try not to sob at him on the phone.


“—Yeol…” I said while stuttering.


The person on the other line suddenly became quiet but spoke after a few 
seconds. “Hmm—“


“Is this really you? Yeol?”


“Yes..”


“Why do you keep on calling me without even saying anything? I’ve been dying to hear your voice. I wanted to see you so badly.”


“I’m sorry..”


“Why are you saying sorry? I should be the one saying sorry Yeol”
 

“I’m really sorry..” I heard him heaving a deep sigh, his voice sounds like he is trying to stop his self from crying.
 

“I love you, stupid Chanyeol-ah” I yelled at him on the phone as I wipe the tears falling from my eyes.
 

“I love you most… and I will love you forever—baby…”
 

The phone ended right after that, I tried to call him again but it looks like he turned off his phone. I started crying even more because I didn’t ask where he is right now and if he is okay. He said he love me too, he said he will always will. What’s bothering me even more is he said I am sorry twice. What was that for? What is that supposed to mean?