The Denouement

60 Seconds of Happiness

Almost a week had passed since I came back to my previous work, like the usual I am always busy with it and barely notice the time anymore. Chanyeol and his family decided to extend their trip but he assured me that our plans in Jeju will still push through.

I was out the whole day to do some errands and came back to my apartment at midnight. I was really tired and haven’t been able to change my clothes nor eat dinner and I just went straight to my bedroom and lay down on the bed.

I was about to yell out loud and just decided to roll off the bed when I felt like someone is lying down beside me. My heart started beating so fast and sweat slowly forming on my forehead.

I don’t know what to do and I am in a state of panic… who is this person beside me? Is it just a dream?  I am even afraid to turn on the lights, what if he is a killer? I crawled towards the baseball bat beside my closet, I need to protect myself no matter what happen and it’s just me and myself so I need to be brave. I held the baseball bat tightly and switched on the light. To my surprise, it’s Chanyeol who is sleeping deeply on my bed.

“YA!!! PARK CHANYEOL!!!” I yelled out loud and threw my stuffed bear at him. “What the heck are you doing here? How did you managed to come inside?”

I didn’t hear a reply at Chanyeol and I started to get scared at that moment. “Cha-chanyeol”. I called out his name again, but still no response.

Goosebumps indeed, I hurriedly walk towards him to check him out. I am not yet prepared, what if he is no longer here anymore? What if he left me already without even saying goodbye? My legs  are trembling and I feel like I don’t even have strength to go near him. I walked towards the other side of the bed, and look at him then put my finger on his nose to check if he is still breathing. Tears suddenly fall from my eyes when I can’t feel him breathing. My hands are trembling and I felt like collapsing on the floor.

Chanyeol started laughing and it made me startled. To my surprise, I pulled his hair and hit his forehead.

“Yeol! That’s not funny!” I yelled at him in angry tone then suddenly cried.

I was about to away from him when he grabbed my hand and pulled me beside him. He then wrapped his hands around my waist tightly that I cannot even breath.

“I am sorry.” He said while looking at me, he smiled after and then planted a kiss on my eye. “Stop crying now.”

I don’t know but I cried even more as I hug him back and buried my face on his chest. I cannot even say anything, I am scared and I can still feel my body trembling.

“Sorry, I went overboard.” Chanyeol rubbed my back and hugged me even tighter. “I am sorry baby. I will not do it again. Don’t cry.”

“You freaking scared me, you know that?” I hitted his back then sniffed. “How come you are so cruel? I don’t know what to do if it’s real.”

“I’m sorry baby, I was just fooling around. I’m really sorry.”

I calmed myself down after a while, Chanyeol and I were just lying on the bed.

“Have you eaten already?” He asked and then forced me to look at him. “Do you want to eat?”

“Are you going to cook for me?” I looked at him and smiled.

“Alright, what do you want to eat?”

“Anything will do, I just want to eat something that you will prepare  for me.”

“Okay, get up now.”

Chanyeol ended up cooking ramyeon for me since I forgot to visit the grocery and restock up my fridge. He even scolded me for doing such a thing.

“Anyway, why are you here? How did you managed to come in?”

“The management opened your apartment for me, they thought we got married already then I told them I forgot my keys and I don’t know your passcode.”

“Tch… you didn’t even called me.”

“I was about to surprise you tho but it took you so long to come back then I didn’t realize that I fell asleep. Oh right, before I forgot…” Chanyeol stood up then headed towards the bedroom and came out holding a bouquet of red tulips. “Congratulations on having your job back, I am so proud of you.” He held out the flowers then kissed my lips.

“Thanks baby, I didn’t expect this.” I smiled at him and then pecked his lips back.

“You didn’t forget our trip tomorrow right?”

“Tomorrow?” I raised my brows. “Isn’t our trip on the 22nd?”

“Babe, it’s 21st now.”

I got shocked and widened my eyes. “Really? Oh crap I haven’t prepared my things yet.”

“Baka.” He said then laughed at me. “You haven’t change a bit.”

“Ya! Is that a good thing? Tch.. you are so mean at me. I should call you Regina George from now on.” I chuckled.

“I will just help you pack up.” He gave me a glass of water and then wiped my lips.

“Aren’t you going back home?”

“It’s late already, I will just sleep here.” He grinned evily at me.

“And you think I will allow you to stay here?”

“You don’t want me to?” He pouted like a cute child.

“Alright.. Alright.” I laughed at him then hurried up and finished eating my ramyeon.

***

Chanyeol is busy checking out my stuffs inside the bedroom while I am packing up my things. He is in his weird world again, trying out my cosmetics especially my favorite bright pinkish coral matte lipstick. I can’t helped but laugh when he suddenly went towards me and planted kisses all over my face, leaving kiss marks on me then he went back to my makeup table again.

“You and your childish acts, baby.” I told him and then chuckled after. “Try my dresses too and also my red heels, suits your lipstick very much.”

Chanyeol didn’t reply me and I saw him holding out the locket then looked at me with a curious face. “How did you manage to get this?” He asked and then stared at the locket.

“Remember our wedding coordinator before? We met coincidentally and she gave me that.”

“Wow, I didn’t expect this.”  He is still staring at the locket. “This is amazing.”

“It’s nice that I’ll be able to get that despite of what happened. I love it, so much.” I smiled at him then raised up my thumb.

He suddenly picked me up then tossed me on the bed as soon as I finished packing and wrapped his arms around me. “Let’s sleep now coz we need to wake up early.”

“Hmm- neh arasseo young master.” I chuckled and kissed him goodnight then enjoyed the warm feeling from his hug.

***

We arrived Jeju Island at exactly ten in the morning, the hotel’s service picked us at the airport and then drove us to a famous restaurant before heading straight to the hotel. Chanyeol and I actually enjoyed the food there and they even gave us their best seller dessert as a token of gratitude for visiting them.

Unlike the last time we visited Jeju, the weather is nice and sunny, the sea is calm and the air is very refreshing. I fixed up our stuffs while Chanyeol rested for awhile, he is probably tired from the trip so I decided to walk alone outside then buy some snacks at the nearby convenient store. As soon as I went back to the hotel room, Chanyeol is talking to someone on his phone at the balcony. I then headed towards him and gave him a really tight hug from behind after he finish making a call.

“Where have you been baby?” He asked as he made my arms wrapped even tighter around his waist.

“I just walked outside and bought some foods. Who did you talked with by the way?”

Chanyeol faced me and then tucked my hair behind my ears. “It was Mom, she’s asking if we arrived safely. Anyway, dress up nicely. We need to go somewhere.” Chanyeol pecked my forehead and the pinched my cheeks then pushed me back inside our room. “Ppali ppali. Oh!” He pointed inside the bathroom. “Checked out the bathroom baby, I have something for you.” He grinned and then laid down on the bed again.

I literally smiled like a 5 year old spoiled child when I saw a red dress hanging next to the mirror.

“Babe, is that really for me?” I peeked at the door and grinned cheekily at him.

“Go try it now baby, I want to see.”

I hurriedly wore the dress, it fits perfectly although I find it kind of uncomfortable because it’s y but I like it so much. I saw a pair of earrings inside a box on top of the sink and a pair of silver heels. “Where are we going baby?” I asked Chanyeol while dolling up myself but I didn’t hear any response from outside so I thought he probably fell asleep.

I went out after a while but I didn’t see Chanyeol anywhere, then I was shocked when there is a man and a woman looking at me as soon as I headed out of the bathroom.

“The dress fits perfectly.” The unfamiliar lady said as she went towards me and pulled me towards the makeup table. “We should hurry up before we get late.”

“Uhhmmmmm-“ I cannot even said a word to my surprise.

The two strangers started fixing my hair and putting a light makeup on my face. I am still confuse on what is happening. After they finished dolling me up, a man wearing a tux headed inside the room and asked me to come with him. So I did like what he had told me without even asking where are we going. I am literally dumb at that time and confused on what really is happening around.

 “Am I being kidnapped?” I asked the guy who is driving the car and heading towards I don’t even know.

The guy didn’t even answer me and stopped at a building kind of far from the hotel. He then opened the passenger’s door and held out his hand to assist me. “Please mister, I am not suitable for being a hostage.” I chuckled as I head out of the car. “My family is not rich.” The guy chuckled slightly and gestured me to come inside.

We went on the 24th floor of the building and he suddenly covered my eyes and asked me to move forwards. I don’t know where I am because it’s too quiet and it somehow felt like I am a real hostage. The guy made me sit and then took off the blindfolds but I still can’t see a thing because the light was turned off.

After a few seconds, I heard someone strumming a guitar and I already have an idea that it must be Yeol. My heart started beating fast when I heard him sing after strumming the guitar for quite a few seconds. Chanyeol doesn’t even want to sing even if I asked and nagged him many times before; he said he is afraid that my eardrums will get affected by it.

“You know I'd fall apart without you

I don't know how you do what you do

'Cause everything that don't make sense about me

Makes sense when I'm with you”

I was literally frozen on my sit and listened to his voice while my eyes are close, since the lights were still off. It was really him, it’s really Chanyeol and he is freaking singing for me…

“Like everything that's green, girl, I need you

But it's more than one and one makes two

Put aside the math and the logic of it

You gotta know you're wanted too

'Cause I wanna wrap you up

Wanna kiss your lips

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it

Yeah, I, I wanna make you feel wanted”

I am not familiar with the song and I am not sure if I heard this before, I felt like tearing up but I thought it will be too exaggerated. I can hear his voice getting nearer and nearer…

“Anyone can tell you you're pretty, yeah

And you get that all the time, I know you do

But your beauty's deeper than the make-up

And I wanna show you what I see tonight...

When I wrap you up

When I kiss your lips.

I wanna make you feel wanted

And I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

And never let you forget it

'Cause, baby, I, I wanna make you feel wanted”

The lights were suddenly and Chanyeol was standing in front of me, holding his guitar and flashing the brightest smile of him. If only time can stopped at this moment or I just hoped I have Adam Sandler’s remote control in his movie Click or if only I have Do Minjoon’s power and made the time stop to hug and kiss Chanyeol… yeah I’m probably be exaggerating again.

“As good as you make me feel

I wanna make you feel better

Better than your fairy tales

Better than your best dreams

You're more than everything I need

You're all I ever wanted

All I ever wanted”

Chanyeol handed me a bouquet of red tulips, my favorite flower indeed, and then I pulled him into a hug. I can hear the staffs aweing and clapping their hands.

“You didn’t even cry.” Chanyeol murmured like a cute little boy. “I was expecting you to sob.” He pouted.

I pecked his lips and nudged him. “I do not want my makeup to get ruined though.” I chuckled and then poked his cheek. “You have a nice voice baby, was that you or.. lipsync?”

Chanyeol flicked my forehead and gestured me to sit down then called the chef to bring out our food. He did really prepared for the evening and I really appreciated it. The man I ever love has full of surprises inside him.

After our dinner, he asked me to follow him somewhere and so I did. We entered the car and he drove at the beach where we visited last time for the shoot. A tent was already set up and there is even a bonfire too. I smiled because he can still remember all the things that I wanted us to do if we visit Jeju Island even thought it has been how many years already. I held his hands tightly and pecked his cheek showing him how happy I am with his surprises.

We are staring at the night sky while I’m lying my head on top of Chanyeol’s arms and my arms wrapping around his body.

“Thanks for today baby.” I said and then lean towards him and pecked his lips. “I really appreciated it. One of the best moments together.”

“I’m glad that you liked it.” Chanyeol smiled and caressed my cheek.

“We should do that again next time.”

“Hmm. Okay..” Chanyeol said as he looked at the sky again and smiled. “What’s your plan for the future baby?”

“I havent thought of anything yet, but I want to spend each day with you.”

“But, I will not live any longer. I might die anytime.”

“Don’t say that…. “

“But it’s the truth- sooner or later I will no longer be here and you need to keep forward.”

“Let’s not talk about this baby; I do not want to argue with you.” I felt like my tears will fall down any minute so I decided to face away from him and the sob silently.

“You need to be successful and happy. Oh! You should find someone to love and build a family with him. Live until all your hair will turn into gray, play with your grandchildren and have a happy life.”

I don’t know but upon hearing his words, I can’t control my tears to stop falling. I still can’t imagine my tomorrow without him. So I just slept without even talking to him.

“I love you so much Hyemin, and I don’t wanted to hurt you.” Chanyeol kissed my forehead and then carried me inside the tent.

 

***

A week after we head back to Seoul, Chanyeol was hospitalized due to massive headache. His mother asked me for awhile to not visit him because Chanyeol said that he doesn’t want me to see how horrible he look like, but he tends to call me at night to check me out and to bid I love you.

Days passed by like that, just like an everyday cycle. My phone rang suddenly at an unexpected hour; I am even scared to pick it up because it might be about something that I don’t even want to hear of.

“Baby…” Chanyeol said with a soft tone.

“Hmmm yes baby? Something wrong?”

“I just wanted to hear your voice” I heard him sigh on the other line “I wanted to see you.”

“Should I visit you there baby?” I stood up from the bed and is about to fix myself up to visit Chanyeol in the hospital.

“You do not need to baby, it’s late already.”

“But I wanted to see you too; I don’t care how you look right now. I’ll be there in a few.” I hung up the phone and went to the hospital as fast as I can.

Chanyeol was alone in his hospital room because he asked his mother to rest in their home for today and Yura will arrived at dawn since she has a job and cannot be absent from it.

“Hey baby.” Chanyeol said and welcomed me with a smile on his face. “Sorry for bothering you.”

“Nope, you didn’t baby. I am happy that you finally asked me to visit you. Dying to meet you already.”

He patted the space beside him and asked me to lay down next to him, so I did what he requested and hugged him tightly. “Are you hurt somewhere?” I looked at him and waited for his answer, but he only shook his head.

“I just missed you so much.” Chanyeol said and tilts my head then kissed him on the lips.

I kissed him back too and I deepened the kiss then stayed like that for a while.

“I missed your soft lips too.” He said while chuckling. “I love you.”

“I love you too so much baby... Always remember that okay?”

Chanyeol nodded and planted a soft kiss on my forehead. “I am going to sleep now okay? I’m sleepy.”

“Alright baby, see you in dreamland.” I smiled and then I hugged him even tighter.

I did not expected that it will be our last day that I will be with Chanyeol, I did not expected that it will be the last time that I will hear his voice, that I will feel the warmth given by his body, did not expect that it will be the last time to hug and kiss him.

He is no longer with me and I felt like ending my life and to just follow him. I cannot imagine my tomorrow without him, cannot imagine my life without his naggings and naughty pranks, but I have a promise to fulfill and he promised that he will wait for me in our next life.

“Wait for me baby… We will be together soon.”

 

------------------------------

 

Kyaaaakkk sorry for updating super late. This is the final chapter but i will give you an epilogue as aa bonus and a peace offering too for being hiatus in the last chapter ^^;; Please please please do read my epilogue tomorrow and love me again. <3

Shoutout for your comments and feedbacks kk.