二 An Unexpected Meeting

60 Seconds of Happiness

“So, hi! It’s been a while since the last time we saw each other. You look great.” Chanyeol said as he gestured at me to sit so we can have a little chitchat and a drink with him.

“I- I am good.” I awkwardly replied. “You look great too, I didn’t expect that you will be here.” I smiled slightly and look at him. He is still handsome.. WAIT.., even more handsome to be exact. I can feel my heart beating fast and I find it hard to breathe normally. “Why is he here? I don’t have any guts to face him, after what I did to him.” I said to myself as I finish my drink nervously in one go.

“Congratulations to your successful event, I heard you are one of the famous designer in our country huh? Well, I’m glad you pursue your dream”

“Yes." I nodded, avoiding his eyes focused on me the entire time. "Oh, why are you here? And hm- you are a photographer now? I thought you wanted to become a doctor.”

“Well, I realized photography is my passion so, I quit medical school.”

“I- I see.”

The mood suddenly became quiet and I feel like it's just me and him. I can’t help but to feel sorry and awkward for what I have done. I just want to shrink and disappear from his sight but that is freaking impossible.

“Um- yeol.. I mean Chanyeol-ssi.” I suddenly gain the courage to talk and break up the silence. “I just wanted to say sorry for what I have done three years ago. Sorry for leaving without even saying anything. Sorry for being selfish and left without even explaining why.”

“Don’t be sorry, I am pretty sure you have a pretty good reason why you did that.”

“But- but- but still...”

“Pssh.” He put his finger on his lips and smiles. “Past is past remember? Let’s not talk about what happened before. Besides, we both look great now. Maybe those aren't really bound to happen, maybe we are not really meant for each other and we just hm- got carried away by our feelings and still haven’t realized what we really wanted.” He patted my shoulder and drank his beer.

“I am really sorry Yeol.” I heave a deep sigh.

“Silly, I told you don’t feel bad. Look at you now, I feel happy that you didn’t ended up with a jerk like me and made you gave up of your dreams. I should even thank you because I might still be dealing with being a doctor even if I don’t wanted to.”

“Alright, if you say so-” I just faked a smile at him and finished my another glass of cocktail.

Chanyeol left after he received a phone call from someone, probably his girlfriend. He even asked me if I wanted a ride because he knows I cannot drive and will not be able to learn how to drive ever but I declined his offer so, he just left and I don’t know if we will still be able to meet. I don’t even know if I still have the confidence to meet him again. I decided to go back home, leaving the after party of my event. I feel weak, I feel like my heart became weaker and I don’t have the energy to get along with my guests anymore. All I wanted right now is to be alone.

Telephone is the only thing that crossed my mind as soon as I reached my apartment. I dressed in my pajamas, brushed my teeth and jumped on my bed afterwards then grabbed the phone to call my ever dearest bestfriend.

“Ya! Jieun-ah! Ya! Yaa!” I suddenly yelled at her as soon as she picked up the phone. “Oh my gosh you will not believe this. I can’t even believe it too.”

“W-why? What? Is there something wrong? Are you badly hurt?” She replied with her weak voice, seems like she woke up from a deep slumber because of my phone call.

“N-no! It’s not like that.”

“YAAAH!! Do you know what time is it? It’s 2 in the morning and you know I need to wake up early for my work.” She yelled at me, letting me realize how annoyed she was.

“I saw Chanyeol-.. err- he is at the event few hours ago. He is even one of the guest photographers there! Why? Why must he be there? Of all places!”

“What? Are you serious? Well is it a big thing for you? Small world indeed, pabo! You woke me up just to say such stuffs?”

“Hey! It’s Chanyeol.. You know… my supposed to be Chanyeol.”

“Why are you being jumpy? Didn’t you dump him at your wedding in the first place? Why is it a big deal for you?”

“Mo-molla… I .. don’t know.. Maybe I’m just shock?”

“Oh please, just sleep. Maybe you are tired and you need some rest. Let’s just talk tomorrow.” She then hung up the phone leaving me hanging, questioning myself alone with some stuffs.

All the memories I spent with him suddenly came in mind: from the day we first met, the moment we confessed our feelings for each other, the day he proposed to me and the day, that freaking day when I suddenly ended up everything because of my selfish reasons. I wonder why I am being like this, I feel like my heart will jump out from my chest when I saw him. I don’t even know if I should be happy or what. I don’t know if my heart is beating so fast and I am acting so nervous because I’m way too surprised and scared to meet him, or probably it is still the same old feeling way back when we are in love with each other? I don’t even know how to answer it all. This is insane.