四 Absurdity

60 Seconds of Happiness

First day of the photoshoot and I woke up pretty late, if only I didn’t get startled at the roaring thunder I would probably still sleeping and not be able to attend the shoot anymore. Pretty sure that Lory would be yelling and naging me the next day. 

I walked outside after I took a bath and fixed myself, it’s pouring very hard and this probably an unlucky day for me because the shuttle got a problem on it’s way here to fetch me. I only have twenty minutes left before the shoot starts, and I am badly needed  to be there. Just my luck, taxi cannot be seen anywhere and the last option I have is to just walk.

“What the f-“ I yelled out loud when my umbrella got blown away because of the sudden wind. I was about to chase after it when a car rolled on it in such a fast speed. “Lucky day for you, Hyemin-ah”

I can’t come back to the hotel anymore because I am already halfway towards the shooting venue. My head is about to explode and I cannot think properly anymore. I hate rainy day the most, it’s so sad and annoying. I just continued walking under the rain, ignoring everything.

“Good heavens! What happened to you?” A familiar voice said to me. “They suddenly postponed the shoot for today because of the bad weather.  Aren't you aware of it?”

“Ch-chanyeol ssi.”

He was holding an umbrella, it feels like he left his car to come near me. “Go inside my car and I will send you back to your hotel.”

Since it’s raining very hard I didn't hesitate to get inside Yeol’s car, I was about to sit in front we he suddenly opened the back door. I just ignored it and when I headed inside, I noticed that Ahreum is with him.

“Here-“ Chanyeol held out a box of tissue as soon as he enter his car. “You might catch a cold, you know you get that easily. Why didn’t you bring your umbrella?”

I noticed Ahreum looking at me with a blank face on the rear view mirror, I must admit I felt awkward because I might have intruding their moment. I just shrugged at Chanyeol and just looked outside the window as he drive me back in my hotel.

* * * * *


It’s been raining for two consecutive days so Lory decided to have an indoor shooting until the bad weather stopped. Things go well as planned, it’s just that it’s my first time in Jeju and I can’t enjoy the beach.

“Hyemin-ssi, would you mind help me with my clothes?” Ahreum gestured at me to come towards her.

“Alright, what is the problem”

“I can’t seem to like the clothes you picked for me”

“Okay, I will let you pick then. Give me a few minutes I will just get the clothes”

“Thanks”

I hurriedly went to the other room to get the clothes and just when I’m about to come back. “Hyemin-ssi, need a hand?” I saw Chanyeol behind me. “But I need your help first, what tie suits me better? The red one or the blue one?”

“I think the blue one is better”

“Mind putting it to me?”

“S-sure”

I helped Chanyeol with his tie and I kind of smelled the perfume he is using. It’s still the same as before, my favorite scent, I blushed a bit when I felt my heart beating fast and hurriedly finish putting his necktie on.

“Thank you” He said as he smiled at me. “My turn to help”

Chanyeol helped me with the clothes towards the room where Ahreum is. I can see her eyeing me so I pushed the clothes rack on my own.

“What’s with these clothes Ahreum?” Chanyeol asked as he walks towards her.

“I don’t think what I’m wearing suits me. I feel uncomfortable”

“You look pretty tho” Chanyeol patted her and raises his thumb.

“Err-  lies”

“I’m telling the truth, pabo!”

“Alright, I will not change it then. Hyemin-ssi, sorry for troubling you but I guess I’m okay with this now.” Hyemin looked at me and slightly smiled.

“Uhm- okay no problem”

I feel my heart is going to explode any minute when I saw them being cutesy together and I must say that they are really perfect with each other. I seemed distracted as I watched them doing the pictorial together and I can see that Chanyeol really feels something towards Ahreum-ssi.

“What is happening to me?” I just shook and head towards the lavatory to wash my face. “Maybe I’m just not feeling better because of the rain yesterday.” I sighed and headed back to the set.

As soon as I headed out, I bumped onto Chanyeol and got surprised. “Oh! Sorry.” I mumbled.

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol asked me.

I nodded. “Why are you outside by the way?”

“I feel like grabbing some coffee, wanna join?”

Chanyeol didn’t wait for my reply and dragged me with him towards a mini convenient store downstairs.

“What do you want to drink?” he asked.

“Hot choco would be fine, I guess?”

“Hm- alright copy that, wait a sec-“

I sat down on the chair by the window and noticed that it’s still pouring.

“What are you thinking?” Chanyeol went back holding a tray and handed me my hot chocolate. “You like blueberry cheesecake right?” He handed me a slice of blueberry cheesecake and sat opposite me.

I didn’t realize that I'm staring blankly outside. “Oh nothing, I just feel bad we are staying here for only a week and I haven’t enjoyed the beach yet.”

“I just remembered you badly wanted to visit here right?” He replied then started drinking his coffee.

We just stayed at the mini shop for a while talking about random stuffs like nothing happened with us before and just when we are about to head out I fell on the floor and passed out

“Ya! Hyemin-ssi” Chanyeol said with a surprised voice. “Wake up”