七 Carpe Diem

60 Seconds of Happiness

I wanted to avoid Chanyeol, I don’t even know why I don’t feel like seeing him now nor talking to him. 

“Yeol, what are you doing here?”  I asked him and acted like everything is fine.

“I am just worried, are you sure you are alright?” He put his hand on my forehead. “Still sick?”

I smiled at him. “Pabo! I am alright. I swear I am fine.”

I can see the stern look at Chanyeol telling that he didn’t believe whatever I am saying so I can’t help but to just ask him to accompany me outside.

“I thought Ahreum will catch up?” I asked Chanyeol as I gestured him to sit with me on the bench.

“She said she will not be able to attend anymore because of her sudden schedule” He sat and stretched his body. “Why did you asked?” Chanyeol looked at me.

I shrugged. “Because she might get jealous, like why are we together at this hour”

“Why would she be mad?”

“She’s your girlfriend”

Chanyeol laughed in response which made me even more confused. “She is not my girlfriend.”

“Rea-really?” I raised my brow and looked at him straight on the eye. “Liar”

“I am telling the truth, we’re just close.”

“I see—you seem close like…” I mumbled. “Like you are a couple tho”

“What did you just said?”

“N—nothing.”

Chanyeol yawned while looking at the people walking in front of us. “Are you free tomorrow? Can we, I mean.. I ask you out? I just remembered you want to tour Jeju right? Free day tomorrow isn’t it?”

“What about Ahreum?” I looked at him and waited for his answer.

“Why do you keep on mentioning her?” Chanyeol ruffled my hair and flicked my forehead. “We are just friends, just like us. We are friends right?”

I looked away and nods then mumbled at myself: Are we really JUST friends? Do I really treated him as JUST a friend?

* * *

I woke up the next morning looking horrible. I find it difficult to sleep last night because lot of questions are bombarding my mind. Well one of those is the fact that Chanyeol and Ahreum are not dating nor in a romantic relationship.

I took a bath and scanned my wardrobe again, I just chose a floral top and a shorts plus my top sider shoes. A week had already passed and I still haven’t been able to tour Jeju, well I must thank Chanyeol for offering the idea to go out with me and explore the beautiful island. He even advised me to wear a rubber shoes because part of our itinerary is to climb the Halla Mountain so we must wake up early. I don’t know what  his other plans are but he even reminded me to bring some extra clothes.

Chanyeol was waiting outside my hotel while leaning on the car that he rented, he waved at me and gestured to come quickly because our schedule might get affected. We went to a convenient store first before heading towards our first itinerary to buy some foods and water.

“Ready?” Chanyeol said to me as soon as we arrived at our first stop. “You better not ask me to carry you.” He grinned and went out of the car and started doing some warm up.

“I’m always up for something like this, silly guy.” I chuckled and fixed my shoes when I got out of his car.

There are quite a number of people in the area, and I supposed they will climb up the mountain too. I got shocked when Chanyeol was already behind me and slightly pushed me towards the entrance. He is still as playful as before, well I guess I should enjoy this moment without worrying about anything. It’s now or never. I ran towards the entrance and prepared myself to climb up the mountain.

I must say that the mountain is quite high and I am not sure if I have enough energy to reach the top. Chanyeol was beside me, I can see that he is really fond of this mountain climbing thing.

“I heard this is one of the most interesting place in Jeju, I actually googled it and it ranked first.” He said while we head towards the first stop.

“So you really prepared for this huh?”

“Well—I was about to do this few years ago just so you know” He laughed and gestured at me to go quickly.

“Oh—with whom? With your girlfriend?” I laughed at him but deep inside I know that he was referring to me and him doing this back when we are still together.

“Still dumb as ever” He grimaced and laughed afterwards.

We decided to take a rest after we walk for a few hours, both of us were drenched in sweat. I tied up my hair while Chanyeol is wiping his face. I just heard a snap afterwards—It was Chanyeol taking some stolen photos of mine. Oh how I hate him whenever he does that, so childish.    

“YAH!” I hitted Chanyeol’s head and glared at him. “If you wanted to take my photo, you can asked me tho. STUPID.”

“Who are you calling stupid? If I am stupid, what are you.” He then sticked his tongue out and took a picture of us afterwards.

We finally reached the top of the mountain after a few hours. I jawdropped when I saw how beautiful the view is at the top and I must say that everything is worth it, like LITERALY I just wanna screamed out loud. Now, this is the feeling after climbing a mountain. Chanyeol took a lot of photos as we reached the top and I can see that he looks so happy too.

“Thank you, for coming here with me.” Chanyeol said as he offered me a bottled water.

“Ani—I must thank you for inviting me to witness something incredible like this.” I replied him with a smile still flashing on my face.

Chanyeol raises his hand at me and does a thumbs up before taking another photo of us.

***

After we finished our first itinerary for the day, we decided to eat at a famous local restaurant in Jeju.  The place is known for black pig meat, a specialty in Jeju, some locals gave us an advice on where is the best place that we could eat it. I must say that we ate a bountiful amount and I really enjoyed the food. I treated Chanyeol for an ice cream afterwards.

“Now what’s our next plan?” I asked Chanyeol while wiping my face. “Do you still have some energy left?”

“Of course I still have energy, why are you tired?”

“Nope. I still have a lot of energy!”

“Let’s head to the next place then?”

“Aighty aight!”

Chanyeol and I headed towards Kimnyoung Maze Park, the place is also popular in Jeju.

“So where are we now?” I glanced at Chanyeol then scanned the place afterwards.

“Come! Just follow me.” Chanyeol offered his hands and lead us both towards somewhere.

We actually reached the center of the maze with the help of a personnel in the place and offered us for a challenge. The man said that if we will be able to get out of the maze for ten minutes, you will have a goodluck. Of course, Yeol and I didn’t believed it but we still took that challenge since it seems exciting.

“The one who loses must grant the winner’s three wishes.” Chanyeol said while flashing an evil grin on his face.

“Can’t it be just two or one wish instead? That’s kind of unfair.. You always win before” I crossed my arms while appealing at Chanyeol’s dare.

“Nope—three wishes. That’s final. Now ready.. get set..”

“Wait! Wait! Can’t I go first?”

“Fine- fine, I will start after 2 minutes.”

“CALL!” I started walking even before the timer started.

As I reached halfway of the maze, I don’t know where to go—I felt like I’ve been walking around in circles or more like I got lost and I can’t seem to find the way out. I started worrying because more than ten minute had passed and I don’t see any people around, trying to walk out of the maze. I decided to gave up with the challenge and to just asked Chanyeol for help, but I can’t find my phone inside my bag. I don’t know if I dropped it somewhere or I left it in Chanyeol’s car. I was seriously scared at the moment so I started walking again. The sun is about to set anytime sooner, and I can’t find my way out. I was yelling Chanyeol’s name and was yelling for a help. Thirty minutes had passed and I gave up then started crying like a four year old kid getting abandoned by her parents.

I was sitting on the ground still crying when I heard someone walking around. It was Chanyeol, and I ran towards him and tackles him as I cried even more. Chanyeol hugged me back even tighter and now I can feel safe because he is here already.

“Stupid! How come you get lost here? That ahjussi said the direction already before we started” He then my hair and patted my back.

I stopped sobbing as we reached his car and decided to go back to the hotel and continue our itinerary some other time. Chanyeol wiped my face with his handkerchief and offer some water too. He started the car and drive back when we suddenly stopped.

“Oh crap!” Chanyeol went out of the car and checked it out.

He asked me to start the car as he checked the hood, but it still failed to start. One more problem is my phone is not inside his car so I probaly dropped it somewhere and Chanyeol’s phone doesn’t have any battery anymore.

An old lady together with her grandchild was walking towards us and asked if we need some help.We are in Seongeup Folk Village at that time and halmeoni said that it will take few hours before we reach the main road so there is no choice but to stay there for a night and wait for some help tomorrow morning.

The villagers offered us some food and there is a celabration for that day so soju and rice wine are present. Chanyeol and I started drinking until the old people living there went to bed.

“What a day” Chanyeol said as he drinked another glass of soju

“Mian—I ruined everything.” I chuckled slightly and drink another glass too. “Thank you for searching for me awhile ago, I was really scared. I can’t even find my phone too.”

“I felt worried too when twenty minutes passed and you are still not coming out. I cannot even reach your phone so I decided to find you.”

We took another glass and another bottle while talking a lot of things that happened to us and for the future also.

 

I woke up the next morning with a severe headache, I think I really drank a lot last night. My eyes grow bigger when I felt something moving beside me and as I slightly move, I felt someone’s hand wrapping around me.

My heart started beating fast and I am even trying to remember what happened last night. I heard a yawn and the person beside me moved and pulled me even closer towards him. What made me freaked out even more is that, I am actually not wearing anything.

“P-p---Park Chanyeol!” I yelled out when I saw his face right beside mine.“What! Why! How! AhHHHHHH!!!”