十 Is it really too late?

60 Seconds of Happiness

A month had already passed since the last time I saw Chanyeol. I seriously missed him, even though we got reunited even for only a week. Yes, I abandoned him for how many years and I still lived even without him beside me but this time it’s different. I cannot seem to focused with everything. A lot of things are bombarding my mind with questions and thoughts. I just badly wanted to see him and figured out answers that is killing me. Why must he be sweet to me and showed me that he still care? What’s the meaning of that hug a month ago?

I remembered when we headed back to Seoul, I still saw him for a few days then after the shoot is entirely finished, I didn’t see him anymore. It’s is like he just vanished in thin air without explaining things and leaving me behind, feeling clueless.

On the other hand, I feel like he just did that on purpose to get a revenge on me. To make me feel how he felt when I abandoned him. It’s not impossible to happen though, probably those affection that he gave me that time was a plan to get revenged on me. It’s cruel, it’s way too cruel because my feelings for him are real while his feelings towards me is fake. Well, it’s just my assumption though.

***

I was drinking a cup of caramel macchiato in a not so popular coffee shop in Hongdae when a familiar girl walked close towards me.

“Hyemin-ssi?” She asked as she leaned forward to check my face. “Am I right? You are hyemin right?”

“Hmm. Yes” I nodded and looked at her “Can I help you?”

“I am your wedding coordinator few years ago, remember?”

“Ah yea-yeah you are right! Come and sit with me.” I gestured her to sit on the chair in front of me. “How have you been?”

“I’m doing good. I didn’t expected that we will meet again here” She sat in front of me as she called the waiter to get her order.

“It’s been so long, and yeah I’ve been here for almost a year.”

“Anyway, I need to give you something but it is in my house right now. It looks quite important though so I didn’t threw it away.”

“What is it?”

“I’m not sure with it though, but it is addressed to you and it was delivered in my office few days after the wedding.” She looked at me and slightly smiled. “Maybe I will just send it directly in your house.”

“You’re right and I don’t want to bother you over a petty thing.” I wrote down my address in a piece of paper and handed it to her.

We talked about random things and catched up with each other for a while before parting ways.

As I am walking back towards my apartment, the thought about the parcel, the wedding coordinator mentioned me, suddenly popped in my mind. I didn’t remember ordering something before the wedding though, and if there is I probably received that already.

I decided to go to a bakery before heading back to my place and started working again. Few hours after as I am taking a shower, my phone suddenly rang. I quickly wrapped myself with a towel and headed outside the bathroom to reach my phone. The call ended as  soon as I pressed the answer button. I checked the number and noticed that the call was from an unknown caller. I tried to call that number back but i failed to get an answer.

“Maybe that person called a wrong number or it’s just a prank call.” I mumbled to myself and tossed my phone away before heading back to the shower.

The next day, I received a message from Lory asking me to meet her around noon at the restaurant beside her office so I dolled up quickly and headed to our meeting place.

I can see her sitting on the chair beside the window and was looking at the people walking passed by her while her chin was leaning on her hand. I sat in front of her and smiled towards her.

“What’s up?” I told her as soon as I placed my bag beside me.

“The magazine is already published and will be out in two days. I wanted to give you a copy and to also have a chitchat with you so I asked you to come.” Lory called the waiter and placed our orders before looking back at me. “How about you? How are you doing? Busy?”

I just nodded at her although I am really not that busy. “Yeaah, kinda busy with work and stuffs. The magazine is published already? Can I see it now?” I smiled at her even though inside I will feel kind of weird to see it.

Lory handed me the magazine as soon as our orders arrived. I started browsing it and checked out all the pages quickly and does a thumbs up at her.

“It’s great!” I told her and started eating my cheesecake.

“Actually, I wanted to hire you again to do some part time activity for the summer event.”

“When is it?”

“In two weeks?”

“Alright, I will help you.”

“Really?”

I nodded. “Yes yes.. I would be glad to.”

Since I am hoping that Chanyeol might be a candidate again to be Lory’s model and Ahreum too, I didn’t hesitated to accept it because it might be a way to see him.

Lory sent me back to my apartment with her car, and as I’m about to head upstairs the apartment’s owner suddenly approached me and handed a box with my name written on it. I opened it as soon as I reached the couch and checked what’s inside.

The box contains a locket with tulip design on it. I read the attached letter and figured out that it’s the thing that the coordinator told me few days ago.

I looked at the back of the locket before opening it and I read the engraved message on it

“I love you ‘til the day after forever ~ C.H.”

Tears slowly falling from my eyes as I read the initial C and H so I hurriedly opened the locket and saw my picture with Chanyeol. I started to cry out loud as I breathe heavily. I wanted to see him so badly, I wanted to hug him tightly. I seriously wanted to feel the warmth of his embrace. I wanted to kiss him, I wanted to tell him how much I love him. I seriously wanted to turn back time and fix everything that I messed up. I want him back, I want to have another chance with him. I curled up on the couch as I stare at the locket and looked at the it’s tulip design.

“Yeol, you are still my eternal love. Tulip symbolizes eternal love right? Come back to me, please come back to me even for a short period of time.” I yelled out loud with tears still flowing from my eyes and didn’t noticed that I fell asleep while crying.

***

I tried to call the wedding coordinator when I woke up and asked her about the locket.

“Sorry for lying to you, Hyemin-ssi.” She said with a soft voice. “Chanyeol actually designed the locket and asked me to help him, so he will be able to give it to you on the day of your wedding. But things didn’t go out with the plan right? Chanyeol threw it away after he asked everybody to leave him alone inside the church. I feel really bad at him that time, I picked the locket and he asked me to burn it or wreck it or just throw it away.”

“Why did you kept it?” I asked her as I started crying again. Chanyeol must have been hurt so much that day. I can feel his suffering, I despise myself even more because of the locket.

“Because, I still believe that you will come back. That the two of you will still be back together. Because I know that the love that the two of you have with each other cannot be broke easily.”

“—but I ruined everything… it’s over… as much as I tried making him come back to me… I guess it’s impossible already… I’m the one to blame…”

“I am pretty sure you have your reasons why you suddenly did that Hyemin-ssi. Pull yourself together, Himnaeyo!”

 

 

----------------------

How's it? I hope you will love the last few chapters of "60 seconds of happiness" ^__^

BTW, if you wanna see the locket that Chanyeol gave Hyemin click this.