〇 Prologue

60 Seconds of Happiness

“Hyemin-ah.” He kneeled down holding a small red box as my favorite classical piece played. My heart is beating really fast and sweat is slowly forming on my forehead.

“If loving you is wrong, I don’t want to be right; if leaving you is the right thing to do, I prefer making a wrong life decision. There is shine and rain in life but once the storm is over, we’ll see a bright shiny day again. Just like an umbrella, I’m always by your side whether it rains or the sun shines. One day when you think of the people who love you, I’m certainly one of them. If one day you are no longer loved by anyone, it’s because I’m no longer around. With all my sincerity, I want to tell you that I will love you with all my heart. Now I’m proposing to you. Having waited and longed for your love, I hope you’ll reply me as soon as possible. Hyemin-ah, will you be my wife?” He said as he opened the box and smiled at me.

Say yes, say yes! Two words repeatedly muttering in my mind as I look at him, oh I love him so much and I don’t even want to part from him. He basically completes all my imperfections. So I said yes and hugged him tight. “I will be glad to be your wife, baby.”

The best feeling in the world is to love and be loved, to find someone whom you can rely on and will never make you feel alone. I don’t believe in happy endings but now, I know it’s real. I know it doesn’t only exist in fairytales or in movies. This is it, this is really is it.

-----------------

Only a week left before Chanyeol and I’s big day. I can almost hear the wedding bells, we are busy preparing from the entourage to the after party. Chanyeol decided to go with me to the church to meet up with the wedding planner for the final touches.

“Baby, just wait for me here I will just fetch Lena outside, she texted me that she is already here.” He said as he wrapped his jacket on me and head outside.

The church’s ambiance is very peaceful and quiet, my ideal church for my wedding to be very honest. As I wait for them to come back, a piece of paper fell from Chanyeol’s jacket.

 

TODO:

  • Pachelbel’s Canon
  • White and red tulips
  • SURPRISE!!

 

I smiled as I read the note; this guy really knows how to make my heart flutter. I bet he nagged my best friend to spill out my dream wedding.

-----------------

March 27, 2011

The big day has finally arrived, my heart is beating really fast. I can’t feel my legs anymore, I’m so nervous. But this is it, this is the day Chanyeol and I waited for. This day will marked us as one, to love and to hold, for richer and for poorer, until death we will be together. I just took a deep breath as I enter the car.

Guests are waiting inside the church for the ceremony, of course Chanyeol is already there, waiting for me to arrive. I bet he looks really handsome wearing his tuxedo, I can’t wait to see him. But what is this? I feel unease… what is happening to me?

-----------------

The quartet started playing my favorite classical piece, Johann Pachelbel’s Canon. The entourage started walking down the aisle and I am nervously standing behind the door, my heart feels like it will explode sooner or later. Maybe I am just too happy that I am feeling like this. Maybe it is normal for someone who will tie the knot to someone she really loves. 

The door finally opened and I saw everyone looking at me but then, as my heart beat so fast, my eyes are focused towards my future husband. He is waiting at the front of the altar, wearing a white tuxedo and his hair is brushed up, grinning as if he won the grand prize from the lottery. I then started walking slowly towards him, appreciating everything inside the church. Indeed, my dream wedding.

I suddenly stopped walking as I reached halfway; I can’t hear not feel anything but my own heartbeat. A lot of things suddenly bombarded my mind and I just dropped the bouquet I’m holding and ran out of the church, away from everybody, didn't even bother to look behind.