Chapter 2

Ever After

The three girls finally got a chance to meet and chit chat after their busy morning.

Shinhye: So how was your day, guys? Mine was bad.

Yoonhye: Bad, why, what happened?

Shinhye: first off, I was late for all my classes so far and as if that wasn’t enough I had to encounter this big jerk and it’s his fault I was late for all my classes. When I think about it, I just want to squeeze his neck.

As Shinhye was going on about her day she noticed Jiwon was totally in her own world wearing this weird smile on her face. She looked at Yoonhye directing her to face Jiwon’s direction.

Shinhye: What’s up with her?

Yoonhye: Hey Jiwon, care to share what is having you ignoring us?

Jiwon: What?

Shinhye: That’s what we would like to know. What happened?

Jiwon: I was just thinking about this guy that I happen to share one of my classes with.

Yoonhye: And?

Jiwon: he was so cute, I have never seen such a good looking guy and he seems nice too.

Shinhye: And knowing you, you are already thinking of ways to grub him. Am I right or what?

Jiwon: You are right and I am going to need your help guys.

Yoonhye: Why am I not surprised. It is always like this with you.

Jiwon: It’s different this time.

Yoonhye: How is it different?

Jiwon: he is different not like those other guys I have dated to date. If I get him, am sure it will be for keeps. I won’t ever let him go.

Shinhye: You know all this from just looking at him?

Jiwon: I have a gift for reading people, trust me. I know what I am saying.

Shinhye: So who is he anyway?

Jiwon: Lee Minho

Shinhye: Yah Yoonhye, do you know this guy she is talking about?

Yoonhye: No I don’t.

Jiwon: I have to find out everything about him and you guys have to help me.

Minho returned home but his parents were not yet back and neither was Suzy.

Minho: Just why isn’t this kid back yet. What is she up to anyway?

He decided to call and find out.

Suzy: Yes Oppa?

Minho: Why aren’t you home yet?

Suzy: Am on my way right now, I will be there in a jiffy.

She arrived there in 10 minutes and Minho was ready to fire her with questions.

Suzy: Oppa am home.

Minho: so what took you so long?

Suzy: School stuff, you don’t need to know.

He was ready to argue otherwise but decided not to. He was too exhausted to argue with her now and his sister wasn’t one to lose a battle.

Minho: just go change your clothes.

Suzy: Deee…

She immediately rushed upstairs to do as directed glad that he hadn’t insisted. Truthfully she had been with Kim Soohyun her boyfriend and brother’s best friend but Minho wasn’t aware that the two had started dating. They had both decided not to tell him yet because they were aware of how protective he was of his little sister. She knew they would have to tell him eventually but she wanted to delay that moment.

Minho’s dad: We’re home.

Minho’s mum: They must be up stairs doing God knows what. I hope they saw the food I left in the fridge.

Suzy and Minho greeted their parents but did stay long since they had an early morning, they were both sent to bed early.

Minho’s dad: they are so obedient I can’t help thinking we are the luckiest parents.

Minho’s mum: It’s both ways, I think they are luck they got us for parents, wouldn’t you agree?

Minho’s dad: Right.

It was Friday now and Shinhye hadn’t met the annoying jerk since that last time but she was sure she would see him today since they would be having that class again today.

He hadn’t told anyone about that rude chic but he was actually looking forward to that class. It was weird but he wanted to meet her again.

Meanwhile Jiwon had started her investigation on Lee Minho and discovered he had a sister on campus. Her strategy was to befriend the sister who shared some classes with Yoonhye. She has been encouraging Yoonhye to invite her to some of their lunch breaks but they haven’t had the chance yet.

Shinhye left her sisters rushing for her class. She was late the last time and she didn’t want her lecturer having a bad impression about her.

Shinhye: oh thank God am early today.

Most of the students hadn’t arrived so she had the choice to sit anywhere she wanted but she found herself walking to her previous seat.

Shinhye: It’s better to seat in the front than sitting in the back.

She was busy arranging her books going through notes when she noticed him and thought to herself.

Shinhye: At least he is not late today. There are lots of free seats for him to choose from and he won’t have to bother me.

She went back to reading her notes ignoring him.

He saw her looking his way and then completely ignoring him. He felt weird because he felt bad that she was ignoring him. He wasn’t one to be ignored, people always wanted to associate with him so her attitude was new to him. It annoyed him but at the same time intrigued him.

He walked straight to where she was sitting and sat down next to her.

Shinhye continued to ignore him but he wasn’t ready to accept that.

Minho: I am Lee Minho and you are?

He stretched his hand for a hand shake.

She was debating on whether to accept his hand or not. She decided to call it truce and accepted his hand with an unsure smile.

Shinhye: Park Shinhye.

Minho: Sorry about last time, you know, me being a BIG JERK and all.

He really wanted to clear the air.

Shinhye remembered when she called him a jerk and felt embarrassed. And just like that he was back to being the most handsome guy she had ever seen minus the jerk part.

They both fell silent not sure what to say next. They were both glad the lecturer showed up then rescuing them from that situation.

At lunch break Shinhye met with her sisters as usual and they were chatting until someone joined them at the table.

Minho: Is this seat taken?

Indicating the seat next to Shinhye, the question was also directed to her. His face was so close to hers and he sat so close that they could both feel each other’s heat. Her heart was beating so hard she was afraid it would jump out her chest. He continued to hold her gaze until she felt he was burning up.

She was still staring at him tongue tied when someone else answered.

Jiwon: No, the seat isn’t taken.

She moved from her initial seat and situated herself in between Shinhye and him. Shinhye was shocked by her sister’s behavior and then it all became clear. He was the guy Jiwon had mentioned early that week. He was her sister’s crush.

Jiwon introduced herself as his classmate but he couldn’t remember sharing a class with her but he decided to conceal it and pretended like he recognized her. He felt annoyed by her action of separating them because he only joined their table so he could interact more with Shinhye and now it seemed he wouldn’t be able to do it.

Shinhye had her lunch in silence as the rest of them chatted away. She wasn’t aware that he was watching her the whole time, he excused himself after and just like that he was gone.

Later that evening while the girls were at home, Jiwon decided to have a word with her unnie.

Jiwon: Unnie, how come you didn’t mention that you knew him or that you share a class with him?

Shinhye: I didn’t know that was his name I only found out today that it was.

Jiwon: When were you going to share that information because you weren’t going to say anything at all?

Shinhye: I only realized that he was the person you mentioned during lunch.

Jiwon remembered the way they had looked at each other at lunch and she panicked because she feared that he had interest in Shinhye.

 Jiwon: I think he likes you.

Shinhye: No way, I wouldn’t even call us friends.

Jiwon: And you do you like him?

Of course she liked him but she couldn’t say that because it was clear that Jiwon had already claimed him hers and they had long age promised never to like each other’s crushes or boyfriends.

Shinhye: No, I don’t like him.

She felt bad lying to her sister about her feelings for him but it was the right thing to do. She only had to terminate whatever feelings had developed.

She saw the bright smile on her sister’s face and was glad she was the cause of that smile. She didn’t ever want to be the cause of her sisters’ unhappiness.