Chapter 8

Ever After

Minho and Shinhye had a wonderful relationship all through campus life. She was welcomed by his family especially his sister. She was a sweetheart. It was like Shinhye had got another sister and Suzy finally had a sister she never had. The girls would hang out together and the two families had bonded. They were finally going to graduate and they were ecstatic, well except for Suzy.

Suzy: Am so jealous you guys are all graduating. I still have a whole year to go. It’s really going to be lonely without you. Even oppa is leaving for his masters.

Yoonhye: I know but don’t feel so bad, it’s only one year and it will go by so fast you won’t even realize.

Jiwon: Shinhye is another case. She is so in love with your brother and I don’t know how this separation will affect her. She has been spending all her free time with him. It’s like they are creating as many memories as they can before he goes.

Suzy: I guess she is worse than me at least my boyfriend won’t be thousands of kilometers from me.

Meanwhile Minho was hanging out with Shinhye at a restaurant.

Shinhye: So graduation is right around the corner. Am excited but at the same time not because then your time to live comes closer. I am really going to miss you.

Minho: Me too. But it’s only two years and we shall be communicating every day. I actually wish time would go by fast so I can go and come back soon.

Shinhye: Am just worried that’s all

Minho: worried about what?

Shinhye: I don’t know everything. I worry that the distance between as will separate us, also I worry you might meet someone better.

Minho: That will not happen. You are the only girl I love and that will never change. No one can come between us, ok? Not even distance will come between what we have and if we miss each other so much then I will come back home to you so please put your worries to rest. You are the only one for me.

Shinhye: I will wait for you oppa, do not forget that.

Minho: Thanks and when I come back, I will marry you.

Shinhye: Is that a proposal?

Minho: If it is, would you say yes?

Shinhye: Is it?

Minho: It is a pre-proposal, when I propose to you, you will be sure of it.

The two ended their date with a visit to movie cinema.

Graduation day was finally here and everyone was excited.

Their parents were happy for their children. They took lots of photos together wanting to preserve those memories. Suzy took with the park sisters, her oppa and also they took one with their parents. Shinhye took with her family, Minho’s family and of course with Minho.

The two families decided to celebrate together and they agreed to have a celebratory lunch together at a restaurant. The girls agreed because they knew Shinhye wanted to spend her day with Minho and vice versa.

At the restaurant, the two families enjoyed their meal together and had casual conversation together all enjoying their children’s’ achievement. It was a bitter sweet occasion for the two love birds because this was also their last meal before Minho left the next day. After their lunch Minho joined Shinhye’s family and he drove with her to their house. He wanted to prolong their time together.

At Shinhye’s house the two went into Shinhye’s room.

Shinhye: So what time is your flight tomorrow?

Minho: 9am            

Shinhye: it’s early

Minho: yes

The two talked about their plans for the two years, promised to call every day and to stay true to each other until then. The cuddled on Shinhye’s bed until Minho left later that evening.

The next day Shinhye escorted Minho to the airport together with his parents. It was a difficult goodbye filled with tears but they both knew this had to happen.

They kept their promise of talking each day without fail in fact if anything distance only made their bond stronger. It was like they had this count down for when they would see each other. Shinhye had got a job at Jung enterprises working as a secretary.

She loved her job and her new boss. She had even made a new friend at work who was also her house mate since she had moved out of her parents’ house because her house was quite far from there. Her new friend’s name was Park Minyoung. She told Minho about all these updates in her life and the way she praised Minyoung, Minho wanted to meet her. He knew that this new friend helped ease some of Shinhye’s loneliness since she wasn’t living with her family.

It has been two years since she last saw him and he was finally coming home. She had asked to be the one to pick him and her wish was granted. She wanted to be the first person he saw and also she was too excited to wait at his home.

He got out of the airport and he was looking more handsome than the last time Shinhye saw him. He was a man and he was all hers. She immediately called out to him as she ran straight into his arms. He caught her and the two hugged tightly.

Shinhye: I missed you

Minho: So did I more than you will ever know.

Shinhye: Let’s go home your family is waiting for you.

She drove him home and everyone was hugging him asking questions about his stay at Cambridge.

Minho: It was great. Everyone knows what they want and focuses on achieving their goal. In truth this was great because it helped me focus and finish my masters in just the two years. They had dinner together and Minho drove Shinhye to her apartment.

Minho kept stealing glances at her admiring her beauty.

Minho (thoughts): she looks even more beautiful than before. She is a goddess, his goddess.

Shinhye: I can’t believe you are here with me right now. I feel like I am going to wake up and you are gone.

He linked his hand with hers and squeezed it tight.

Minho: I know what you mean but it is true I am truly here.

They got to her apartment and Minho wanted to meet her friend but she was already sleeping so they couldn’t meet.

Life after Minho’s return was perfect they would hangout talk forever on the phone it was bordering to too much according to Minyoung.

Minyoung: You guys are too much, you know that right? You just saw the guy and now talking on the phone. Is he that good?

Shinhye (Shy): yes he is. He is wonderful and sometimes I pinch myself because I can’t believe he is mine and he loves me this much. If you met him you would understand me but he is kinder busy these days.

Minyoung: Not so busy for you?

Shinhye: Ya, that’s what am saying. He is so busy but he never fails to create time for us.

She was so engrossed with her thoughts on Minho that she did not notice the mean look on Minyoung’s face.

Minyoung (thoughts): What is with this girl, everything and everyone just loves her. Our boss is so nice to her, she has this loving family and even her boyfriend’s family loves her. To top it all her boyfriend is the success to Shinhwa group of companies. Just what is it about her that they like so much?

Minyoung: Well you are one luck girl.

Shinhye: Yes I am.

A/N

I must say am so sorry for the delay in updating this fanfic. However I also want to thank everyone who read, subscribed and upvoted this story thank you guys. I really appreciated it more than you know. Also through this fanfic I have developed a new respect for all the writers out there it is really a hard thing that you do.