Chapter 12

Ever After

“Am getting married!” she screamed through the phone. “Am getting married.” She was so excited that she called her sisters that night.

Minho: Ya, stop screaming you will wake the neighbors. He said jokingly

Shinhye: Let them, I don’t care, pouted her lips and went back to talking with her sisters.

Jiwon: So when is the big day?

Shinhye: We plan to do it the first Saturday of next month

Yoonhye: Unnie that’s one month from now

Shinhye: I know but it’s set, it has to be then

Jiwon: How are we supposed to prepare everything by then?

Shinhye: We will just have a simple ceremony

Yoonhye: But you have always wanted a big wedding

Shinhye: I know but I what really matters now is that I am marrying the man I love, that’s all that matters really.

Minho had their conversation and felt guilty that she couldn’t have the wedding of her dreams. When she hung up her phone he pulled her close as he hugged her black.

Minho: We can push the date a bit further so you get to have your dream wedding. I don’t want to take that from you.

Shinhye: Its fine Oppa I want us to do it in one month. I wanted to quickly get married, ceremony doesn’t matter as long as you are the man standing at the alter waiting for me.

She insisted that she was ok but he knew she would be happier with her dream wedding.

********

She planned to pick some of her things that evening after work and use the weekend to pick the rest of her belongings. She reached her shared apartment with Min young and started packing some clothes. Min young wasn’t in so she left her a letter letting her know she will be staying over at Minho’s place and that she would come by over the weekend for the rest of her things. She had grown attached to this place and she would miss it.

When Minyoung got home from work and didn’t find Shinhye she got pissed.

Minyoung: What, another no show. Where could she be? Am sure she must be back from her family home. She must be with him. Hesh this is so annoying, she is always meeting him outside and that takes away any chances of grabbing him. She went to the kitchen to get a glass of water when she noticed a note placed on the fridge door.

“Moving in with him?!  No way, this is not happening. If she moves in with him it’s done, that’s like them getting married. I have to do something but what? I have to stop this.”

She immediately called her

Minyoung: Ya, how can you just move in with some guy

Shinhye was surprised by her question and her tone was another thing

Shinhye: You know he is not some guy.

Minyoung: I know but I still think you shouldn’t just move in with him. What will people say? You are not married and you are moving in?

Shinhye: I don’t care what everybody else thinks. I just want to be with him and he feels the same way. That’s all I care about.

Minyoung (thoughts): She’s decided and she’s not changing her mind.

Minyoung: What if you become a kept woman? Why can’t he marry you first before you start living together?

Shinhye: You know he is not like that. Besides we are getting married so there is no need for you to worry.

Minyoung: Getting married, when?

Shinhye: Next month

She was so shocked and almost lost her balance with the news Shinhye told her

Shinhye: Halo, still there?

Minyoung: Yes, am still here, just surprised that’s all. So it’s one month? Will you get everything ready by then?

Shinhye: We are having a small ceremony so everything will be ready by then.

Minyoung: OK, if that’s the case then I am happy for you. I will see you over the weekend, goodnight. She hung up before Shinhye could even reply.

Minho: Who was it babe?

Shinhye: Minyoung, my roomy you remember her, right?

Minho: Hmm

Shinhye: She was worried about me moving in with you thinking you will take advantage of me

He didn’t like that friend of hers but it seemed Shinhye liked her a lot so he let it be. He was just happy he didn’t have to meet her any more.

Minho: So over the weekend we will pick you things and travel to my parents’ home, is that fine with you?

Shinhye: Yes let’s do that. I miss them

Minho: They miss you too.

Early morning Saturday they drove to Shinhye’s old apartment to pick her things. Minyoung was already waiting for them. Minho avoided her and insisted on helping Shinhye pack her things. In no time they were done packing and he couldn’t wait to leave. He carried out her bags as she discussed some things with Minyoung.

Minho: Don’t take too long dear remember we still have that long drive to my parents and we need to get going. Minyoung, it was nice seeing you again. He said and walked out.

His parents were so welcoming as usual and everything was warm. She fit right in and when they announced the news about their wedding everybody was filled with joy

Minho’s Mum: It’s about time. I have been ready for this since the first time I so you. So when do you plan to tie the knot?

Minho: In a month’s time

Minho’s mum: A month? Sweetie that’s too little time how are we going to get everything ready by then?

Shinhye: We will have a simple ceremony omma

Minho’s mum: No way my dear, that’s unacceptable, you will have the wedding you deserve. We will just have to do everything quickly and precisely. Did your parents agree to this

Shinhye: We haven’t discussed it with them yet

Minho’s mum: Am sure they will not accept this.

Later that night Suzy came to my room and we were chatting talking about boy stuff.

Suzy: Am glad my brother is marrying you. It will be nice having a big sister like you.

Shinhye: I would love to be your unnie too.

Suzy: So I noticed Oppa wasn’t happy about the whole arrangement of you sleeping in the guest room, are you guys sle…

Shinhye quickly covered Suzy’s mouth

Shinhye: What are you saying? Your parent might hear you

Suzy: So it’s true, that jerk! He is always strict with me and oppa yet he is busy getting some himself

Shinhye laughed at Suzy’s accusation

Shinhye: He is just watching out for you. He doesn’t want you to do something you might regret.

Suzy: Do you regret

Shinhye just shakes her head

Shinhye: It’s the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me and I would never regret it.

Suzy: See, Oppa and I love each other just like you guys.

Shinhye: When the both of you are ready it will happen, trust in that.

We heard a knock on the door and Minho let himself in.

Minho: Suzy, I didn’t know you were here.

Suzy: why?

Minho: Any ways excuse us now because I need to talk privately with my fiancé.

She quietly left without any arguments because she didn’t want to embarrass Shinhye

Suzy: Goodnight unnie

Minho walked inside the room and sat on her bed

Shinhye: You want to discuss something?

Minho: I am sleeping here tonight I only said that to chase her away

Shinhye: But your parents might find out.

Minho: We are already engaged and besides were are just going to sleep nothing more well, unless you want something more to happen then I am all in.

She hit him hard of the arm

Minho: Aww

Shinhye: Oppa! You are not thinking about doing that in your parents’ home right?

Minho: Wae, you heard them, right? They already accepted you as my wife and are already dreaming about their grandchildren. I am just trying to make their dreams come true.

Shinhye: Ande Oppa, we can’t.

Minho: I know I was just kidding, we will just sleep. I just want to sleep next to you, I promise to behave.

Shinhye: OK, get in but you have to leave before everyone notices

Minho: Hmm, let’s sleep, am really tied. He kissed her fore head. I love you.

Shinhye: I love you too Oppa

They drifted off to sleep while they held each other.

It was a beautiful weekend shared with his family. She called her parents and discussed about her wedding. There was limited time and they need to start the arrangements fast. She promised to go visit over the weekend.

Meanwhile Minyoung was busy cracking her brain trying to think of a way of breaking them. “There is no time, 1month is too little. I need time. Worse he is avoiding me like the plague. I have to stop that wedding.” She was walking back and forth thinking. “May be I am looking at it wrongly, even if he marries her people get divorced right? I should just lay low, get close to him and when he least expects it I will strike. He has to be mine. It’s just going to take longer than I wanted but it will happen.”

A/N

Please leave comments and upvote. I need some inspiration guys so feel free to make suggestions. Thanks