Chapter 18

Ever After

 

I won’t let you do this alone. I am coming with you.” Insisted Minho

“You have to let me do this oppa, for Hana. If we don’t do as they instructed the Hana will be in danger” Shinhye said to a desperate Minho.

“But there is no guarantee they will keep their end of the bargain. I don’t want to lose any of you.”

Shinhye was also afraid to meet them alone but for her daughter she would go to hell and back if she could save her. She knew things might go wrong like Minho feared but all she could do was pray that all the kidnappers wanted were the money.

“I still have to try Oppa, if there is even the slightest chance of saving her, I will do it.” she said with finality in her voice.

Minho could see that she was determined to do it and knowing her, he knew there was nothing he could do to change her mind.

“Okay” he said with a resigned tone, “But you have to be careful. Don’t be reckless.”

“I won’t and I promise to bring back our daughter to you” she reassured as she walked into his arms for a comforting and reassuring hug.

Minho called the bank and they got the money ready. She got into her car and drove away from their home.

Her sister came over worried.

“Unnie you shouldn’t do it.” stated Jiwon. “I don’t think you should trust the kidnappers”

“Yes unnie, I agree with Jiwon, why do you have to go alone? If it was money they want anyone can take it why do they want you in particular?” Yoonhye reasoned. “I just feel this might be a trap unnie.”

“Me too,” said Jiwon. “I think taking Hana was a way to get to you.”

“But who would want to hurt her?” Minyoung asked as she joined into their discussion. “Shinhye doesn’t have any enemies, who would want to harm such a good person?”

“I don’t know but nothing makes sense. Why would they take Hana, an innocent child except if that person had a grudge on the parents?” Jiwon asked

Shinhye was listening to everything they were saying and they were all right. However she didn’t know who could have such a huge grudge on her and she didn’t know. She didn’t have a lot of friends really much less enemies so nothing was making sense.

“How about Minho oppa, does he have any rival that could have skimmed this?” Minyoung asked. “It could be a business associate”

“I don’t think so,” said Suzy who hasn’t said a thing since she joined the group. “It’s true that oppa is a business man and of course has rivals but I feel this is personal. This person has a personal grudge.

The more Shinhye thought about the current situation the more confused she got. Shinhye had lived her life responsibly and never made enemies with anyone. So to think someone out there really despised her was frustrating. Why was this person if what her sisters suspect was true, why was he this annoyed with her and who?

Minho was also thinking about it and I didn’t make any sense. Shinhye is the nicest person he knows. Why would anyone want to harm her? So he tried thinking maybe the enemy was from his end but as much as her thought no one stood out.

They were then informed the money was ready and would be delivered soon. Minho could see Shinhye was starting to panic. She was scared he could tell but who wouldn’t? He wished he could take her place, she looked so fragile and his heart ached. He held her hand tight trying to reassure her he is there for her.

The money arrived and was packed in a bag. Shinhye got the bag full with money and walked straight into the unknown. Both her sisters were crying filled with fear of the danger she would be in.

Shinhye was also very scared but for her child she was will to risk her life. Hana need her mother and this was all she needed to stay strong and follow through with the kidnapper’s requests.

She got into the car and immediately her phone went off almost scaring her out of her breath. Ring, ring, ring

She picked her phone her heart racing

“Yoboseoyo” she said as soon as she pressed the yes button

“Are you sure no one is following?” it was the kidnappers.

“Ne,” she answered.

“Drive to the location I am going to text you and there you will find a car. You will walk to it and find a bag inside. You will find a phone you take it I will contact you using that phone and after you will transfer the money into that bag. You then leave your phone behind in your car and get into the car we provided. I will then call you and give new instructions. You are not to communicate to any one and if you do I won’t guarantee your daughter’s safety. Is that clear?” he shouted into the phone.

“Ne” answered a panicked Shinhye.

She drove to the location and carefully did everything as he had instructed and she got into the getaway car.

Ring, ring, ring.

“Yobeoseyo” She immediately answered the call from the disposable phone.

“Did you do everything I instructed?” he asked

“Ne,” she answered

“Good” he said “Now drive to the next location you will find in the gear box cabinet.”

Shinhye checked the gear box and she found a paper with the new location she was to drive to. It was clear they had planned everything careful making it difficult to follow her through her phone or car for that matter.

She drove to the location and he called and instructed her to leave the money in some abandoned room.

“But---

 She tried to argue. She didn’t want to give the money without first getting Hana in her arms.

“If you want to see your daughter I would advise you to follow everything I say without any contradictions Miss Shinhye.” he dangerously said and she had no choice but to keep quiet. It was only money, what was money compared to her daughter’s safety.

She dropped the bag and drove to the next location which would be the last. He had said she would find her daughter in that place and she was beside herself with excitement.

“Hold on a little longer Hana, Eomma will come save you” she said as she stepped on it to get there faster.

Person two: Did she drop the money?

Person one: Ne, that ahjummah is either really stupid or they have too much money. This must be just pocket change for them.

Person two: Boss said they are loaded and beside they will do anything for their daughter

Person one: Now I wish we had asked for more

Person two: Too late now, just be happy boss doesn’t know or we wouldn’t even get one cent. Take the money and I will meet you after I deal with her.

Person one: Okay but don’t take long. I will be at our hide out.

* * * * *

Shinhye finally arrived at the kidnapper’s location.

“Please call me” she said as she looked at the phone the kidnappers had given her and as if they heard her, the phone rang off and Shinhye quickly answered

“Yoboseoyo?”

“Move straight into the entrance, take the stairs.” The kidnapper instructed.

Shinhye looked at the building and it was some abandoned unfinished building with no walls and she walked in following his instructions.

She got in and noticed there was no Hana anywhere.

“Where is she, where is my baby? You said she would be here,” she accused in a panicked voice as she hit the kidnapper repeatedly. “I did everything you asked.” She tried to bargain because she was losing it. “Was it a trick?” she got down on her knees now crying filled with sorrow for her child. “Is my baby okay? Hana, Hanaaaa…” she called out but nothing. Not a sound of a baby anywhere.

“Yah, Agassi, let go me!” he shouted at her and Shinhye just fell down on her knees. “Please give me back my baby, please. She needs her mother, I beg you, please” Shinhye begged in tears

“Your daughter will be here very soon, okay? Stop whining” he pulled her up and sat her down in the only chair present in the room. If you be a good girl you will get to see your child.” He said as her got some black cloth from his pocket and walked towards her”

Shinhye watched him and started worrying as he got closer. “What are you doing?” he continued moving in closer and she shouted, “Stop!”

He wrapped the cloth around a terrified Shinhye’s eyes. “There” he said

“Why are you doing this to me?” she asked tears running down her cheeks wetting the cloth now covering her eyes.

“Just shut up, boss will be here soon. Just be happy am just tying you up.” He rudely said as he tied her hands too. “Boss will deal with you and me well I just want the money.”

He mentioned boss and Shinhye wondered who that boss was. “What did that person want from her? This boss you mention, who is it? She asked

“You will get to meet boss soon then you get to reunite with your daughter.” He said

They had footsteps coming up and Shinhye confirmed it was the boss when the kidnapper called out boss. Her heart was racing and she was anxious to see Hana, did he have her with him?” she hoped he did. And then she heard

“Where is she?” it was a female’s voice, not a man like she had assumed. They came up and Shinhye could hear then better. The boss’s voice sounded familiar.

“My baby, please don’t hurt her. I beg of you” Shinhye earnestly begged the so called boss.

“Take off the blindfold” she instructed. “I want her to see me when I tell her exactly what I plan to do to her.”

The kidnapper quickly does as she asked and Shinhye was shocked by who she saw. “You?” she asked. “It can’t be, you are my friend. How can you--?” she asked and was stopped with a slap across her face.

“I am not your friend. I only pretended to be one. Oh how I hated doing that”

“Wae, why are you doing this, you love Hana” said Shinhye

“You are right, I love Hana but I hate her mother.” She said and Shinhye could feel all the hatred she felt though her voice.

“But why, why do you hate me so?” Shinhye asked confused from what she was hearing

‘Simple, you had everything I wanted and now I am going to take it all. Your life, husband, child and friends will be mine, all of it.”

“And how do you intend to do that after the stunt you have pulled, they will all hate you once they find out.” Shinhye fought back.

“And how will they know that, hmm? You won’t leave to tell them because you my dear are not leaving this place alive. Today is the day you die?” she said in an evil voice. “You don’t know how much I have waited for this day.”

“After everything I did for you how could you--”

“What did you do for me? Oh wait you mean that incident with my father? Well that was all a set up so I could do this today. You really believed my father did that to me? You are so gullible Shinhye.” she smirked at her.

Shinhye couldn’t believe what she was hearing. How could Minyoung do that? She remembered that day and Minyoung was really beaten up that time even the doctor said so, did she hit herself then on purpose?” Nothing was making any sense and now she new Minyoung wasn’t who she thought she was all this time. She just pretended to be her friend and her thinking she was really nice got completely fooled.

“See that guy over there? He is the one I asked to hit me that day. It was painful but even that wasn’t going to stand in my way, I had to get close to you so I could reach my real goal, your husband.” She saw Shinhye shocked face and confirmed her conclusion. “Yes, you heard me, I have liked him since before I met him and when I finally met him I knew he had to be mine. So after your house warming party the plan started and when you were all worried and left that message I knew it was going as planned, everything just fell into place”

“But oppa doesn’t love you he loves me and you can’t change that” argued Shinhye

“True he loves but when you are gone, he will learn to love me when you are gone. He even managed to forgive me over making advances at him. After I got inside your house I made certain to act nice and now he trusts me and thinks I am a nice person.”

‘Now to conclude let me share my final plans on how I will live your life from now on.” Minyoung arrogantly said. “I will go back and console you husband who is still waiting to hear from you. Then these guys will abandon the baby together with your corpse and an already predetermined location and call your husband. When he finds you and the baby he will be heart broken and I, well that’s where I come in. I will be a shoulder to cry on since we both would have lost someone we love, it will be easy for him to lean on me. Since Hana is young, that’s good because she won’t even remember you. We will be happy” she concluded and all Shinhye could do was cry. “How could Minyoung be this evil?” Her plan seemed well planned out and Shinhye was worried she would go away with this crime unharmed. Like she said everyone thought she was a nice person and it was all thanks to her. Everything felt like it was her fault because it was her who insisted in bringing her into their home even when Minho hadn’t really wanted to. She cried for her mistakes.

“Crying won’t change anything,” said a very cold Minyoung as she admired the gun in her hand. “Today is the day my new life starts and yours ends.”

“Please don’t do this Minyoung,” Shinhye sobbed. “Please I beg of you”

“Sorry, but I can’t do that.” Minyoung said as she pointed a gun straight at her. I will repent for my sins in hell.” She said and pulled the trigger. 

A/N

So just two more chapters to go and Ever After comes to an end. please leave me a comment and i will get back to you. also upvote if you have enjoyed Ever After thus far