Chapter 4

Ever After

Minhyuk was already at the party venue when the girls arrived. Krystal looked gorgeous and she took his breath away. He immediately walked to her and pulled her into her hug.

Minhyuk: You look great.

Krystal: Am glad you like it. You look stunning.

Minhyuk: Shinhye?

Shinhye: Am glad you have finally noticed me.

The two love birds walked in hand in hand and Shinhye followed behind. The guests started arriving and the room was field with beautiful music.

Shinhye’s sisters arrived and joined her. Jiwon immediately started searching for Minho in the crowd. Jihoon saw her and waved in their direction but the girls didn’t notice him.

Jiwon: He is not here and I don’t see Suzy either.

Shinhye: It’s still early, they will be here. Let’s just enjoy the party guys, there is plenty to eat and drink and the music, it’s perfect. Krystal is indeed good at this.

The girls ordered for cocktails and moved onto the dance floor. The music playing was up-tempo beat and everyone was off their feet. Jiwon’s eyes were always watching for the entrance anticipating his arrival.

Minho was about to enter the venue when he saw his little sister walking hand in hand with Soohyun towards his direction. The two looked really close, so engrossed in each other that they hadn’t even noticed him.

Minho: Suzy?

Suzy: Oppa

She quickly pulled free her hand from Soohyun’s shocked to see her brother there in that moment.

Suzy: What are doing here?

Minho: I was invited to a party here and you, what are the both of you doing here.

Suzy: We also got invited. Let’s go in already, the party started a while ago and we are late.

She quickly pulled both guys into the door and that put an end to whatever questions he wanted to ask since the room was filled with loud music. Inside the hall she let go of Minho’s hand and moved to the dance floor with Soohyun. Minho moved to the counter and ordered himself a drink as he searched for Shinhye in the crowded room and there she was dancing her heart out with her sisters. They were laughing and Minho watched her enjoying her beautiful happy face and it was his first time seeing this free side to her. It was a good sight.

Jiwon: Let me go get myself a drink, my throat is dry from all this dancing. Coming girls?

Yoonhye: I will come with you.

Shinhye: Am fine, you go on guys.

Once the girls left the DJ played single ladies track and the floor was on fire and there were screams as everyone praised the DJ’s selections. It was hit after hit. Minho continued watching Shinhye and noticed she had a sassy side to her and attitude. She was hot. He finished his drink and moved onto the floor right close to her.

Shinhye was surprised by his presence at first when he called out her name. She felt uneasy dancing in front of him but she decided to not let his presence affect her and continued dancing. They danced until the other two girls joined them and Jiwon tried to hold a conversation with him but the music was so loud and he couldn’t hear her. Actually he was happy for the loud music because he really wasn’t into talking to her.

The music came to a stop and everyone was complaining until the day’s MC mention the next item on the agenda which was game. He asked the guys to walk out the room briefly as he gave instructions to the ladies. He asked the girls to take off one of their shoes each and asked them to move out in a different exit as the guys came back in. Then the guys were asked to choose one shoe and the owner of the shoe they choose would be their partner for the next song the DJ played.

The guys were excited and quickly moved to pick a shoe.

MC: Stop!

Guys: What?

MC: The man of the day gets to choose first. I hope he remembers his sweetheart’s shoe.

Someone in the audience: that’s not fair, I was going for hers, I really wanted to steal a dance from her. Sorry Minhyuk.

Everyone laughed at his ridiculous idea.

Minhyuk: I your dreams

He quickly walked and grabbed her shoe. He had seen it the moment she set her foot out of the car when they arrived so this was really a walk over for him.

Minho and Soohyun were busy searching through the shoes before the MC gave a go ahead because they didn’t want to lose their target party to any of those other guys in the room. Minho had noticed her shoe when he watched her dancing earlier so his only job now was to get to it before anyone else did.

The MC finally allowed the rest to each pick a shoe. Minho was praying that when his turn came to go up for a shoe, hers was still there. Soohyun was ahead of him and they went up together Minho noticed he chose Suzy’s shoe and he in return got Shinhye. Man was he glad it was still there.

When everyone got a shoe he invited the girls back in. Because he didn’t want people messing with his game plan, he let in one girl at age. He wanted everyone to have fun and also give a people a chance to meet new people. Once a girl entered she would walk to the person with her second side of the shoe. Krystal was first to get in and she ran to her man.

Shinhye got in and noticed Minho had her shoe and hence had no choice but to stand next to him. Her sisters got in after and both ended with some guys she didn’t know. When everyone was inside the MC informed the girls that the guy next to them would be their dance partner for the next song and everyone was excited to get on the dance floor. Deep down in Shinhye’s heart she was happy he was the one that chose her shoe but she also knew that her sister didn’t appreciate it one bit. She almost wanted to change partners but the MC asked everyone to respect the rules of the game and stick with their partner. She looked at Jiwon with an apologetic look sort of asking for her go ahead and Jiwon had no choice but to give in.

MC: Before we dance Minhyuk has requested to say something because after that we shall party until dawn.

They were all standing in a semi-circle and Minhyuk pulled Krystal to the center. He thanked all for honoring their request and taking part in this memorable moment in their lives. He got down on his knee and revealed a beautiful three caret diamond ring.

Minhyuk: I know you want to hear a lot of romantic words but I am afraid you won’t get any. I have been carrying around this ring for a while now thinking about how to pop the question and the more I thought about it the more my mind got stuck. All I can say is that I love you so much and am ready to spend the rest of my life with you. You accepting this ring would make me the happiest man on earth and I will live my life to make you the happiest girl.

Everyone else: Yes, say yes, yes

Krystal (tears of joy): Yes. I accept. I love you.

He slid the ring on her finger and Krystal shared it off to everyone.

Krystal: It’s beautiful and I love it, thanks oppa.

The two hugged each other forgetting about everyone else.

MC: We shall now open the dance floor again with the day’s beautiful couple and the rest will join in after. Lights deemed and the music started.

The DJ played ‘from LA to Rome’ and the day’s couple moved onto the dance floor and opened the dance. The rest of the couples joined in and the floor was once again full.

Minho pulled Shinhye close into his arms and she could literally feel all their body parts touching. She immediately tried to push away but he was holding on tight and she couldn’t free herself.

Minho: Don’t

Shinhye: It’s too tight.

Minho: Really?

He knew she was right but he didn’t want to release her. It felt right handing her like that.

Shinhye: Yes really.

He slightly loosened his hold but it seemed as though he didn’t do anything.

Minho: There, happy now?

Shinhye was lost for words and decided to just let it go.

Minho: Let’s just enjoy the dance and you have to compensate me because you have been complaining through this song it doesn’t count.

They concentrated on the song until they were full engrossed in the dance Shinhye didn’t even realize when her hands travelled up his shoulders. Their bodies were fitting like a glove to each other and they moved in sink, nothing else mattered. She was gazing into his eyes and he was holding her gaze, they were in a world of their own. The first song ended and another started but they didn’t even realize.

Their thoughts

Minho: She is gorgeous.

Shinhye: He is so beautiful

Minho: I wish we could stay like this forever, here like this when she is not trying to avoid me.

Shinhye: I know I shouldn’t be enjoying this now but I can’t help myself when he looks into my eyes like this. I feel like am drowning in this feeling and I don’t want to stop. I will just steal this beautiful moment, only for today, I will be selfish. I will enjoy this without thinking about anyone else but me, just for today, she promised. It is a good thing the room was dark and they were not close to where Jiwon was

She tightened her hold and Minho was shocked by this action but it was a good surprise that he full welcomed. He looked in her eyes and he couldn’t see any more inhibitions in there as he moved in close for a kiss. She slowly closed her eyes and waited for it. It was a slow sensual kiss, there was tongue and she savored every bit of it. She could tell that he knew what he was doing and she was glad he stole her first kiss. She felt her knees weaken and tightened her hold. They were so into the kiss and were brought back to reality when a fast up tempo song started playing and people started shouting.

She slowly pulled herself from his hold still unstable because of the impact of the kiss and walked to the counter. She was back to reality now and thoughts of Jiwon started popping up in her mind. She prayed Jiwon hadn’t seen what just transpired between them because she was sure it would definitely break her heart. Just like hers was breaking right now. She wanted him so bad she wanted to be selfish.

Minho was stopped from following her when Jiwon asked him for a dance. He wanted to turn her down but she insisted and since she was Shinhye’s sister, he gave in. It was fortunate the songs playing then were all up tempo. After one dance he excused himself and went searching for her. He just wanted to continue their time together and make sure she doesn’t forget about him.

She wasn’t at the counter so he searched in the crowd and she still wasn’t there.

Minho: Where could she be?

Shinhye texted her sister informing them that she had left early because she was exhausted and she didn’t want to stop them partying.

After search to no avail Minho left the party. 

 

Well I hope you will enjoy this chapter. I tried to make it fun but I am not sure. I will let you be the judge.

Also thank you guys for subscribing, upvoting, commenting and reading my ff. I really appreciate it, you can't imagine how much.

Nice reading.