Chapter 5

Ever After

It was Sunday afternoon day after the party and Minho and Suzy had slept in since they left the party late. He was still thinking about Shinhye. She was a mystery he was dying to discover. She disappeared last night leaving him confused by her actions, one minute she was responsive in his arms and the next minute she was gone. He really wanted to know what went on in that mind of hers because from what happened last night, he was certain she was attracted to him because she doesn’t seem like one that goes around kissing random guys at the party.

Minho: If only I had her phone number.

At that moment he remembered Suzy mentioning that she had been invited.

Minho: Could she be friends with her? But how?

He got up and stormed into Suzy’s room.

Suzy: Yah, oppa. You should knock first before you come in, am not a child you know.

Minho: Byani, who invited you to the Party?

Suzy: Some unnie I share a class with, why?

He did want to reveal anything yet so he had to think.

Minho: This unnie you are talking about, what’s her name?

Suzy: Yoonhye unnie, do you know her?

He recognized her name, she was Shinhye’s sister.

Minho: she is a sister to one of my friends but we are not close.

Suzy: then who invited you to the party?

Minho: Her sister.

Suzy: Is that sister the girl you kissed last night? Yes oppa, I saw you. Who is she?

Minho: None of your business. So when did you and Soohyun start dating anyway?

Suzy was now cornered and she wasn’t ready for this talk.

Minho: I was worried you would end up with some pathetic fool but am glad it’s Soohyun. He is a great guy and I give you my blessing.

Suzy was shocked by his quick acceptance of her relationship but she wasn’t about to question his reasons. Whatever they were she didn’t care because it favored her. She hugged him in a bear hug.

Suzy: Komawo oppa, you can’t change your mind ok?

Minho: You like him that much?

Suzy: Dee

Minho: Do you happen to have your friend’s number?

Suzy: Yes, I have it

Minho: Can you give it to me?

Everything became clear now. She now understood why he was, so understanding. He wanted this from her.

Suzy: Wae, are you planning to get your kissing partner’s number from the sister?

She was enjoying this, he was crazy for that girl, way more than he realized. She picked a paper and pen from her side table and wrote down Yoonhye’s number.

Suzy: There you go, you owe me now, don’t forget that.

Minho: Thanks

He got the number and left her room. He was on his bed second guessing how to ask for the number and decided to just go with the floor. He dialed her number and waited.

Yoonhye received a call from an unknown number but picked up any way

Yoonhye: Hallo?

Minho: Is this Yoonhye-ssi?

Yoonhye: De, who is this?

Minho: Lee Minho, Suzy’s brother.

Yoonhye had already recognized him once he mentioned his name. He was Jiwon’s crush but most importantly, he is the guy she saw kissing Shinhye at the party. She was worried about all this because she worried it would cause trouble.

Yoonhye: I know who you are, how can I help you?

Minho was fidgeting again now that the question was out.

Minho: Could you please give me Shinhye’s phone number?

Yoonhye: Why didn’t you get it directly from her?

Minho: I would have but she left before I could, please Yoonhye-ssi I really need to talk to her.

Yoonhye: I need to first discuss this with her and if she gives her go ahead, I will instead give her yours and she can call you instead. Ok?

Minho was not happy with her answer but he had no choice but to agree.

Minho: OK, thanks Yoonhye-ssi

Yoonhye was thinking about what was happening. First, Jiwon was interested in Minho, secondly based on the call just now, he was interested in Shinhye and lastly Shinhye also likes Minho based on the kiss she witnessed. It was true that Jiwon showed interest first but it was also true that Minho isn’t interested in her rather he is interested in Shinhye. She had to do something before things got out of control. She didn’t realize it but her feet led her towards Shinhye’s room.

Yoonhye: Unnie, are you busy?

Shinhye: Not really, why?

Yoonhye: I want to talk to you about something.

Shinhye: What?

Yoonhye: Unnie, what’s going between you and Minho?

Shinhye was shocked by her question but pretended.

Shinhye: Nothing, why do you ask?

Yoonhye: I saw you at the party, you guys were kissing.

Shinhye felt her world was crushing in that moment. She thought no one had witnessed their moment but that wasn’t the case. Does it mean Jiwon saw too? Shinhye was now panicking it was never her intension to hurt her sister. Tears were threatening to pour from her eyes

Shinhye: Jiwon…?

Yoonhye: She didn’t see you

Shinhye was relived but still worried.

Shinhye: It was a grave mistake that won’t happen again.

Yoonhye could feel the pain in her words and she also noticed the tears in her eyes. It broke her heart seeing her in so much pain but she didn’t know how to help her without hurting Jiwon. She knew Shinhye would never choose her happiness over theirs and her heart ached for her.

Yoonhye: No unnie, it wasn’t a mistake it was you being true to your feelings.

Shinhye: But I can’t do that when I know it will break Jiwon’s heart, I just can’t. I have to end it.

Yoonhye: Even when you know that he feels the same about you?

Shinhye: For Jiwon, yes. I will not hurt my sister. I have to even if it hurts so much now, I have to.

Yoonhye: It won’t be easy unnie, I wish there was something I could do so none of you gets hurt.

Shinhye: Thanks Yoonhye but I can handle it.

It was already Monday but Shinhye wasn’t feeling well. She was running down with a fever due to her crying because of the pain in heart. She stayed home and didn’t go to campus. Minho was hoping to catch her on campus since he hadn’t heard from her but she didn’t appear that day. He tried calling Yoonhye but she wasn’t picking his calls either. He spent the whole day worrying, he asked Suzy to find out from Yoonhye why Shinhye did come to class but unfortunately Suzy wasn’t having that class today. He didn’t like not knowing, but that was his dilemma for the next days because he didn’t see or hear about her until Friday. She finally appeared for their joint class and he was beyond happy.

She walked passed him and sat in the back seats. Minho felt bad that she didn’t sit in her usual place but he was happy that she came. After class, he walked to where she was sitting and sat down next to her. Everybody else was leaving and only the two of them remained.

Minho: What happened Monday, you didn’t come for class.

Shinhye: I was down with the flu

Minho: Sorry, do you need the notes, I can lend you mine. Here

Shinhye: that’s fine I already borrowed from someone else.

He again got the feeling that she was pushing him away.

Minho: Are annoyed with me or something? Is it because of what happened between us at the party?

Shinhye: Forget about everything that happened I wasn’t myself that day. It was a mistake that won’t happen again.

Minho: so everything that happened didn’t mean anything to you?

Shinhye: Yes, it was meaningless.

Minho: I don’t believe you. You are lying to me now the only thing I don’t understand is why you are pretending that our kiss meant nothing. I was there with you, you liked as much I did, I am sure of it.

Shinhye: You are mistaken.

Minho: Even now I know my nearness is affecting you, you may lie through your lips but your body tells me otherwise. I know you are attracted to me too.

Shinhye: I am not.

She denied but he could see she was lying. She wanted this as much as he did and then something came to mind.

Minho: Is it because of Jiwon?

Shinhye: No, this has nothing to do with her. It’s all me, I am not interested.

She was still lying to him and even though she denied it, he decided to clear it now.

Minho: Even though you are denying, I would like to clearly state that I don’t have any interest in her nor have I encouraged her in anyway.

She already knew this fact but it wasn’t that easy to ignore her sister’s feelings.

Minho: Shinhye, I beg of you, please don’t give up on us. I know something is holding you now but please don’t rush to give us up. I can wait until you resolve whatever it is. I will wait, okay?

She was touched that he was so sincere and that he was willing to give her time to think and solve her problem even when she didn’t tell him about it. He was really wonderful and she knew she would never be able to control her feelings for him. He had completely conquered her heart and she was helpless.

He kissed her hard on the lips and Shinhye tried to push him away, she couldn’t allow this to happen.

Shinhye: We can’t, I can’t do this

She argued as he continued kissing her lips

Minho: Why Shinhye, why, what is holding you back? Let’s deal with it together.

Shinhye: I can’t be selfish

Tears were running down her cheeks but she continued to let him kiss her.

Minho: Who are you afraid of, tell me.

She was intoxicated by the kiss and she was letting down her guard.

Shinhye: Jiwon, I can’t be selfish. I can’t break her heart.

Talking about Jiwon brought back her senses and she pushed Minho breaking the kiss.

Shinhye: This isn’t right. I won’t do it. She got her books and left the room crying.

 

Hallo guys, thanks for the inspiring comments, I have tried to update as fast as I could. I hope it meets your expectations.

the next update may take longer but you can check out my other minshin ff (Love Unexpected) in the meantime incase you haven't yet.  Nice weekend guys.