Chapter 15

Ever After

They moved into their new home and it has now been two months since they moved in. They are having a home warming party with their close family and friends. Minho and Shinhye planned to use this party to play cupid for her sister. After Minho met with Minwoo he confirmed his interest and so the plans to match make the two materialized.

“Unnie your home is beautiful, congrats”

“Thanks Jiwon”

“And so big,” added Yoonhye.

“That’s because Oppa and I plan to have a big a family. Also since Oppa and are I are both family oriented we would love to have our families over and hence the big space.”

“So Yoonhye….”

“Hmm?”

“Have you heard from Minwoo since the wedding, has he called?”

“He hasn’t. I guess he wasn’t interested after all.” She replied sadly

“Or maybe he is too afraid to do it, that’s also possible right Jiwon?” asked Shinhye

“Ne!”

“Anyway I asked oppa to invite him for the party and he will be here soon. We can finally find out if he is interested or not. When he gets here you should talk to him Yoonhye, okay? Oppa says he is a nice guy and his parents are close friends with oppa’s parents. Don’t cross him out yet before you talk to him. Oppa believes he has some feelings for you and I know you also has some feelings for him so please don’t avoid him when he approaches you. Hmm?”

“Okay Unnie, I will not avoid him.” she assured.

More and more of their family members and friends graced their party and the back garden was filled with guests interacting over some drinks and snacks. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves with people forming sub groups based of interests. The parents were seen grouped together discussing they adult stuff and the young adults also formed their sects. As Shinhye observed all her friends she could feel her heart burst with joy and felt fortunate to have these people care for them.

“You are here” Minho said as her welcomed Minwoo

“Hyung, sorry I come a bit late,” apologized Minwoo.

“That’s fine, come I want you to meet my wife.”

Minho searched for Shinhye and noticed she was with her sisters and his sister. “Perfect” he thought to himself. “They can meet now.” Minwoo followed behind Minho until they got to the place Shinhye was and he noticed that she was also there. She hadn’t seen him yet and he was watching her happily discussing something with her friends.

Minho called out for Shinhye and had all turning to look at them and that when she noticed him in all his glory. “God he is beautiful, she thought” but instead put out poke face to hide her admiration. Both Minho and Shinhye were observing the two until Minho cut short the moment and introduced his wife. You already know Suzy, that’s Jiwon and Yoonhye Shinhye’s sisters.

“You guys already met, right?” Minho asked after introducing Yoonhye.

“Ne,” answered Minwoo

I will leave you in safe hands now as I attend to the other guests. Feel at home.

Shinhye wanted to leave the two so they could talk and so she invited Suzy and Jiwon with the excuse that she needed help with some things inside. The two gladly followed and then Yoonhye was left behind with Minwoo.

“Hi”

“Hi”

“So how have you been” he asked shyly

“Okay. And you, how have you been?”

“I missed you?”

“I doubt that”

“It’s true, I missed you Yoonhye”

“How come you didn’t call even once?”

“I wanted to but every time I would get cold feet.”

“I waited for your call”

“I am sorry you had to wait. I thought maybe you were not as interested in me as I was with you.”

“I thought you messed with me when you asked for my number.”

“So do you have someone now?” He asked

She just shakes her head. “And you?”

“No one.”

Both smile. “So will you go out with me Yoonhye?”

“Dee...” she shyly answered

“I am now your boyfriend, right?”

Nods head.

“And you are my girlfriend”

“Dee…” she softly confirms

They shyly stare at each other and they tightly held their hands.

“Looks like those two have become a couple. Look at them all oblivious of everything else. She looks so happy unnie,” said Jiwon

“She is happy. I asked oppa to invite him and we actually kinder set up this so they could meet. Oppa says he is a nice guy.”

“I hope it works out for them. You know she is a lot like you right? This is very serious for her. We have all become bewitched with these men.”

“But we love it, don’t we?” Shinhye asked

Jiwon glances at Woobin and their eyes meet, she smiles his way and smile right back at her. “I do, very much.”

“Go, I know next to him I can’t compare, go”

She immediately joined Woobin and Shinhye talked to other guests before she finally joined her husband. “You must be exhausted.”

“Hmm but it’s  nothing a soak in warm bath won’t solve.”

“Is that an invitation I am hearing?”

“What do you think?”

“I think yes”

“That’s my oppa.”

“Now I want to chase everyone out so we can get down to that soak in the bath.” They were in their own private world until…

“Shinhye….”

“You made it, I thought you couldn’t.”

“I had to finish some things first but I couldn’t miss this party,” Minyoung assured

“Well I will leave you two to catch up. Minyoung…” Minho greeted as he excused himself and joined the other guests

“So I haven’t had from you for so long what’s up with you?”

“I…” she hesitated. “I have been busy that’s all”

Are you sure, if you have a problem you know that you can come to me right? You are like a sister to me and even though we are no long staying together that didn’t change, you know that right?”

“Hmm, but I am okay you don’t have to worry.” She reassured

“Come on let’s go in. I want to see your house. Show me around Shinhye.”

She gave her a tour of the whole house and Minyoung pretended to enjoy it even though inside she was dying of jealousy. They later joined other guests and enjoyed the party.

Later after everyone had gone Minho helped her to clean the used dirty dishes and after they enjoyed a soak in their huge tab.

“Did you have fun?” asked Minho

“Hmmm, a lot of it. I loved seeing everyone together enjoying themselves.”

“Then that’s good, I wanted you to enjoy yourself. I know you probably feel lonely at home alone when I am not around.”

“It’s not as bad as you think. I find things to occupy myself with. And you don’t have to worry yourself oppa, if I get bored I can always visit some of my friends or invite them out here. So stop worrying about that, I like taking care of my home and husband, okay?”

“Still I …..”

“No oppa. I am fine. Let’s do this, if I feel I don’t like it anymore then I will get a job, is that okay with you?”

“Okay. I just don’t like you feeling lonely when am not here.”

“I know what you mean but I am okay.”

“I love you”

“I love you too oppa”

They kissed slowly and later intensified the kiss as one thing led to another and the two for the first time made love in their bath tab.

* * * *

It’s been two weeks since the housewarming party and Shinhye hadn’t heard at all from Minyoung and she was getting more and more worried about her. She decided she would instead go visit and find out what was wrong. Minyoung had been distant since her wedding and it bothered her. On reaching what used to be her home Shinhye was shock with what met her eyes. Everything was thrown all over the place like someone was looking for something.

“Minyoung…..? She called out but no one was answering. She searched around but her friend wasn’t around. “What happened here? Is Minyoung okay? Exactly what’s going on with you Minyoung?” she pondered. She tried calling but her phone was out of reach so she left her a voice message instead.

“Minyoung what has happened to you. I came by your place and found the place turned upside down, are you in some kind of trouble? Please call me I am worried about you. I will come by tomorrow but please tell me what’s going on, I want to help.”

Shinhye waited for Minyoung’s call but it never came so she was even more worried.

“Is something bothering you hon?”

“Hmm, I am worried about Minyoung, I think something is wrong with her and I can’t seem to reach her.”

“Maybe she is busy”

“No Oppa, I know something is off and besides I went to her place today and I found it turned upside down. I am worried oppa what if something bad happened? I have to go there again tomorrow.”

Minho did really care much for Minyoung but seeing Shinhye this bothered about her, he decided to put aside his dislike and help ease his worried wife.

“If you are this worried then we will go together and if she is still not there we will report to the police, okay?”

“Okay”

“Go to sleep honey you need to rest.”

The next morning Minho took Shinhye to her friend’s apartment only to be presented with a battered and unconscious Minyoung lying down on the floor. Minho quickly called for an ambulance and she was rushed to the hospital. Shinhye stayed at the hospital with her and Minho left as he had pending matters at the office but promised to come by later after work.

After the doctors finished their work with Minyoung Shinhye inquired about her condition. The doctor said they were lucky to bring her in when they did because any more time would have killed her.

“You friend was hit several times and she is lucky none of her vital organs got damaged but she must be in a lot of physical pain right now. You have to make sure whoever did that to her doesn’t get another chance because the next time will kill her.”

“Yes doctor, thank you. Can I go in and see her?”

“You may but she is still unconscious. It will be good if she sees a friendly face when she wakes up.”

She waited at her bed side until she saw her move her hand.

“Minyoung, are you awake? Can you hear me?”

“Shinhye…?” she hoarsely called out “Where am I?” she tried to sit up but Shinhye stopped.

“Don’t get up Minyoung, you will hurt yourself. You are at the hospital. Oppa and I found you unconscious so we brought you here. Are you feeling any pain anywhere?” she asked with concern.

“My whole body hurts.”

“Stay here and I will go get the doctor.” She quickly walked out to get the doctor and soon returned with him. He checked on Minyoung’s condition and informed them her condition was getting better and she just needs to stay in the hospital for a few days for observation and she would be released.

“Thank you doctor”

“No problem, just make sure this doesn’t happen again to your friend.”

“Yes, will do”

She walked to where Minyoung was and sat done beside her. “The doctor says you will be out of here in a few days. He needs to observe you condition and make sure you are okay before he releases you.” She wanted to ask what happened but decided it was not a good time to ask so instead she told her to rest.

* * *

Later that evening Minho came to the hospital from work as promised,

“How is she?” He asked

“In pain but doctor says she will be able to go home after a few days.”

“And her family, how come I don’t see any?” He asked

“Minyoung only has a dad and they are not close oppa. She has no one.”

They stayed with her for a while more until Minho announced it was time to go. Shinhye wanted to stay but Minho was against.

“Shinhye, I know you want to take care of your friend but you need to care of yourself first. You need to rest too. You have been here all day. The nurse will take care of her at night and you can come back tomorrow in the morning. I don’t want you getting sick too.”

She understood his point and the two left for their home.

“Did she tell you who did that to her?” He asked as he drove them home.

“I haven’t had the chance to ask and I guess she is still not ready to talk. I wait and she we say when she is ready.”

“Do you think they are loan sharks, was she in some kind of trouble?”

“I don’t know oppa. I wish I knew then maybe this wouldn’t have happened but she did say anything. I suspected she was hiding something but I didn’t know what. I feel so helpless just thinking about what could be the problem. Not knowing what to do.”

“She will be okay and we will be there for to make she nothing bad happens again, okay? Just try to find out what caused this and then we can figure out the solution to all this. For now you should relax and tomorrow try and find out what happened. We must act fast so that whoever did that to your friend doesn’t do it again.”

“Right, I will try to find out what really happened tomorrow” She leaned back in her seat while closing her eyes trying to rest after a long day staying beside her friend. He drove in silence until they got home allowing her to rest some.

He felt bad for Shinhye because he could see how much she cared for her undeserving friend. How could she be friends with her? They were very different like day and night in terms of their characters but then again Minyoung always acted like she was a good girl whenever Shinhye was around. He was shocked that Minyoung might have enemies somewhere.

* * *

“What are you doing up this early, you should go back to sleep”

“I what to prepare some food to take for Minyoung I know she wouldn’t want hospital food.”

Minho was getting frustrated with Shinhye’s concern for her so called friend that did deserve all her kindness.

“I just feel like you are more concerned about her health instead of yours. You should sleep some more and I will wake you up after an hour. You are not her maid, you need to take care of yourself  first”

She wanted to resist but decided to take her husband’s advice and she really didn’t want to anger him anymore.

As promised he woke her after an hour later and she was able to prepare some food for Minyoung. He dropped her at the hospital and left for work.

She walked to Minyoung’s private room and found her reading a magazine.

“Morning Minyoung, feel better?”

“Hmm, I feel much better after getting some sleep.”

“That’s good, I brought you some food.”

Shinhye watched Minyoung enthusiastically eat the food and decided to ask about everything after.

“Minyoung…..”

“Hmm”

“What happened? Why did we find you like that? Who did this to you?”

“I don’t want to talk about it”

“But you have to. Oppa and I want to help but we can’t help you if we don’t know what the problem is. You have to tell me what the problem is so I can help. Is it loan sharks? Are you in some kind of trouble with money? Who did that to you? Let me help you.”

* * * * * * *

A/N

Hallo guys, I am not able to update this story as often as I would like to but I promise I will make sure to complete it. Please I hope you understand and forgive this wanna be writer. Please leave me some comments I need inspiration. Thanks and happy festive season to you all.