Chapter 13

Ever After

Living together with him was perfect he was so easy to leave with, helping out with the chaos and at the same time treating her like a princess. The wedding preparations were already underway and invitations were already sent out. They had thought it would be a very casual and small occasion but their families were not having any of that. With that everyone took on something so they could arrange everything needed within 1 month.

Shinhye was happy she was still going to have her beautiful wedding even with the limited time. Life was really being good to her now and she felt she was the most blessed girl out there. She had discussed with Minho and decided she would quit her job because she wanted to fully devote her time to him and their marriage. He was worried she would get bored staying at home alone but she wouldn’t barge. All she wanted now was to be a good wife and mother to their children when they got them.

The big day finally arrived.

Everyone was proud because everything was ready on time. She was in the dressing room getting dressed in her beautiful wedding dress staring at her reflection in the mirror.

Jiwon: Her why the tears, today is a happy day?

Shinhye: I know, it’s just that I can’t tell if this is a dream or real. I knew that he is the man I want to spend with the rest of my life and now that it’s about to happy I feel overwhelmed.

Yoonhye: oh it is real unnie. You my sister are getting married today to the love of your life.

Shinhye: Do you think I will make a good wife?

Jiwon: What kind of question is that unnie? Of course you will make a wonderful wife and mother when you get your children.

They were then joined by Krystal and Suzy.

Suzy: Shinhye unnie you look so beautiful, my brother is one lucky guy. He is marrying a goddess.

Shinhye: Am the lucky one to have met a sincere and caring man in your brother. I feel so lucky that I promise to dedicate my life to making him the happiest man.

Krystal: Both of you are lucky then because like you, he is marrying a beautiful angel.

They heard to call from the hall informing them the ceremony would start in five.

They helped with the final touches with her makeup and joined the other guests in the wedding hall.

Shinhye’s dad: Are you ready dear?

Shinhye: I have never been more ready in my life dad. This is it dad, I am getting married.

He felt so happy watching his little girl all happy and excited to start this new journey. He was reminded of his dead wife Shinhye’s mother, her joyfulness and she looked so beautiful just like her.

“Appa, why are you crying?” she cleared his stray tears. “Today is a happy day and we shouldn’t be crying, Ok?”

“I am just so happy seeing you happy like this and I am sure your mother up in heaven is looking down on us with happiness. I am glad you got to love and be loved by a nice boy and am sure he will make you happy. So go dear and love each to the fullest.” They hugged and after worked to the wedding hall.

She held on to his arm and walked to her future husband. He was beaming with a huge smile looking so childish and handsome at the same time. Their eyes met and the whole way up to the alter they gazed at each with so much love, tears falling down her cheeks and him trying had to hold his in check. Her father handed her to him and the two just smiled as they held each other as they walked to where the officiator was standing.

“We are all gathered here to witness this beautiful union between these two children. The two decided to write their own vows and as such they will go ahead and proclaim their vows to each other.”

Minho: Shinhye, I wrote down these vows just this morning not because they are not important but because every time I wrote down something before I felt it wasn’t enough, to express what I feel for you. Even now with this, final vows I have written I feel it’s still not enough. Since the day that we met I knew you would be different. True that we seemed to have started off on what seemed like a bad start but I am glad we did because I probably wouldn’t have been intrigued by you if it hadn’t happened that way.  In my eyes you were the most beautiful thing created by God on this earth. As I got to know you I realized that you were even more beautiful inside. You are someone who always puts those you care about first because you want them to be happy. You love with all your heart and you are not afraid to let me know that I am truly loved. All the time we have been together I have never felt unloved and I promise to never let you feel unloved while you are beside me. You bring out the best in me and I feel so lucky to be the man you chose to spend the rest of your life with. I love you so much Shinhye and I would be proud to be called your husband for the rest of my life.

She was in tears listening to him proclaim his love.

He got the ring and placed it on her finger

Shinhye: I had always dreamed about falling in love with one man and getting married to that man. It seemed like an unlikely dream but with you I have lived that dream. You are the only man I have loved and you will be the only man I will ever love in my life. You said you feel lucky that I chose you but I believe I am the lucky one who was fortunate enough to me a wonderful man like you. You have showered me with so much love and I will live the rest of mine loving you. I want to be your wife and the mother of your children. I promise to make our home a place you come to when everywhere else is uncomfortable, I will be you friend and confidant and share all your burdens with you. I love you now and forever.

She slid the ring on his finger and without waiting for the officiator’s permission the two loving kissed and everybody else cheered them on.

They were congratulated by their close friends and family before they all went for the group photo with the newlywed couple.

All roads led to the reception venue. The new bride and groom walked in after their guests had settled down. Everyone was looking at them will smiles of admiration well except Minyoung who was fighting hard to hard her envious heart.

Minyoung (thoughts): Enjoy it now while you still can because this is all temporary. You are just borrowing him so keep him well.

There were speeches to the new couple mainly advising them on marriage life, and respecting each other. “If things become complicated don’t forget the elders, we are still here for you we will guide you where you need guidance. And most importantly always love each other. There will be challenges but don’t allow those to define your relationship, don’t keep barge of today for tomorrow always attend to all you issues as soon as possible. If you do all these, I promise you that you will enjoy your marriage.”

The couple had their first couple dance and later joined by their friends and family. After socializing with their guests the couple finally excused themselves since they had to travel to Jeju for their honeymoon.

Suzy: Unnie you caught the bouquet, you know what that means right?

Jiwon: Hmm

Suzy: You don’t seem happy about it wae? If it was me that caught that, I would be so happy because I what to quickly get married and that would be like a sign from God.

Jiwon: I am happy it’s just that I fear you will have to wait for a very long time since I only just started dating let alone marriage. If my wedding is the next, then you are in trouble because I doubt it will be any time soon.

Yoonhye: But Woobin Oppa seems serious, I think he will propose sooner than you think

Jiwon: You think?

Yoonhye: Nee, he loves you, he looks at you the same way Minho oppa looks at unnie, like his whole world revolves around you.

Jiwon blushes

Jiwon: He should because that exactly what I feel. Truthfully when I caught the bouquet I was so happy but the more time went by the more I started worrying

Suzy: Worrying about what?

Jiwon: What if he doesn’t feel as strongly as I do, I mean we have only been dating for a few months.

Suzy: I don’t think it’s about time and believe it’s more to what you feel. Things like do you love him? If you both love each other and feel ready to tie the knot then why wait, right?

Jiwon (thoughts): Maybe Suzy is right all that matters is what we feel

Yoonhye: let’s go dance guys

They each found their dates and hit the dance flow.

Jiwon and Woobin danced for a while quietly but her mind was running while with thoughts on her talk with the other girls. “Should I ask him?”

Jiwon: (clears voice) Oppa, did you see, I caught the bouquet

Woobin: Hmm, I saw it

And he did say anything else.

Jiwon: You know what it means, right?

Woobin: Hmm

He was really not helping with his short replies and she was starting to worry again.

“He doesn’t want to that’s why he is avoiding it.”

Jiwon: And how do you feel about it?

She was now holding her breath because she was scared of what his answer would be.

Woobin: I feel bad for you because ……

She felt pain in her heart and almost on the brink of tears, good thing she was resting her head on his shoulder as the danced. “He doesn’t feel the same, he has no plans to marry me” tears were now following down her check and Woobin felt it.

Woobin: Jiwon, are you crying? Wae?

Jiwon: No, am not crying, something just fell into my eyes that’s all, excuse me, I need to go freshen up.

She quickly walked to the rest rooms leaving Woobin with a confused look

“What just happened, I am sure she was crying just now but why? He thought about what they were talking about and realized what the problem was. “ Jiwon you pabo. How could she think I am not interested, aissh” He quickly walked to the women’s restrooms and called for her.

“Ya, Jiwon, come out right now or I will come get you myself.”

“Oppa,what does he want? Just go away, I will be right out.”

“No, come out right now.”

She felt frustrated with his actions. She didn’t want him to see her with red eyes proof of her crying episode. She quickly splashed water on her face, dried it and got out.

“What?”

“You were crying in there right?”

“I told you, it was just something ….

“Something that fell in your eyes, you think I am stupid? Look at me, I know you and I know how this silly brain of yours works. Whatever you were thinking right now you are wrong, OK? You should have let me finish my sentence before you came to your conclusion. I was saying I feel bad for you because you were going to be so busy in the coming months preparing for our wedding.”

“What?!”

“Pabo”

“You mean …..”

“Yes, I am ready if you are.”

“You mean it, no changing your mind?”

“Why would I change my mind, I love you and I would love to spend the rest of my life with you, I thought you knew this.”

“It’s just that …..”

“What, Jiwon?”

“We have only dated for a few months and already I feel so strongly for you it scares me and I worry for my heart that is at your mercy.”

“You think I don’t worry, I do but I want to trust you with my heart and you trust me with yours. I love you Jiwon, so stop worrying and stressing about things that didn’t happen, OK?”

“I love you too Oppa”

“Come on, let’s go back in, am sure your girls are looking for you.”

*******

Yoonhye: Unnie what happened to your eyes, did you cry?

Woobin: She was being silly, talk some sense into her, OK, Yoonhye?

He left them to talk and joined Soohyun who was trying hard to control Suzy.

Woobin: Am I interrupting?

Together (Suzy & Soohyun): Yes/No

Soohyun: No, she was just living, right sweetie

Suzy: No, I wasn’t. This talk is not is not yet over oppa. She childishly insisted

Soohyun looked at Woobin with begging eyes asking for rescuing for his childish girlfriend.

Woobin: Suzy dear please allow mean to discuss something with this guy here and I promise to return him to you once I am done with him, is that OK?

She had no choice but to agree.

Soohyun: Thanks man

Woobin: Why, what did she want?

Soohyun: Man I love Suzy to death but that girl is going to drive me crazy one of these days.

Woobin laughs

“What did she do that’s driving you crazy?”

She insists that were elope

“What?”

“Exactly. She is too impulsive that girl.”

“It’s the wedding effects everyone just feels like tying the knot.”

“I know.”

******

 

A/N

Sorry I don't update as often as I would like to but I will make sure to update as often as i can