Chapter 19

Ever After

Flash back

After the girls pondered about the situation saying Shinhye might have been the target all along, he knew he couldn’t just stand by and watch her walk into unprotected situation. If what they said was true than maybe the kidnapper was someone close by camouflaged as a friend.

When the police mentioned the money was on its way he excused himself. He had to act fast because once the money got there Shinhye would have to go. Making sure no one paid attention he walked into their bed room and dialed Minwoo’s number

“Hyung,” Minwoo called out as he answered his call. “I had about Hana but I was held up. I am on my way there as we speak.”

“That is why I called,” Minho said. “I need you to do something for me. You can’t tell anyone about it, not even Yoonhye. Do you understand?”

“Ne hyung, what do you want me to do?” Minwoo asked

“I want you to discretely get in touch with those agent friends of yours and you follow Shinhye. I can’t let her go in there with knowing she is safe. You have to be very discrete. Can you do it?” he asked

“Ne, they are trained for that sort of thing hyung, I will got on it. Don’t worry they will make sure she returns with you baby” Minwoo reassured

“Don’t contact me until Shinhye is safe. No one should know about your actions. Please watch over her,” Minho said

They hung up and Minwoo called his friends and told them exactly what to do. There was no time so they had to act first.

Minwoo got close to Minho’s house but stay a bit far to avoid being recognized especially by Shinhye. She had to act normal given the situation that way the kidnappers wouldn’t suspect anything.

Minho also had to be affect given the situation and to achieve that he was not to receive any update. Frustrating as it was, it was the best way to ensure no one caught on that Shinhye was being watched over.

Once Shinhye drove out Minwoo started following maintaining a safe distance so she wouldn’t notice anything. When she stopped some where he drove ahead and packed someway he could observe discreetly what was happening.

At some point he would worry and wanted to go and rescue her but he didn’t. his men were by now close and they would stick it out until there got to see Hana. They continue to do their work incognito without Shinhye realizing anything.

When she got to the abandoned house the men searched for a good place to hide but also one that would provide a clear view to what was happening. After a while they saw another car arrive at the scene and Minwoo was shocked with who he saw.

“What is she doing here? Did they also ask for her?” Minwoo wondered.

She walked straight to were Shinhye had gone and through his friends binoculars Minwoo froze at what he discovered. Minyoung was interacting with the kidnappers. No counsel that, she wasn’t interacting, she was giving instructions. And then it dawned on him, she was perpetrator of the whole thing.

“But why would she? Isn’t she Shinhye’s friend?” Minwoo wondered and then Minho’s words popped in his mind. He had said not to trust anyone did he suspect that it was someone close? “Well he was right.”

His men started to set the riffle and Minwoo asked why they would do that

“Because we have to be ready. We don’t know what they have planned.” One of the replied

“We can’t harm them until we see the baby. Oh god the baby, I almost forgot about her, she must be nearby” and then he looked at the car Minyoung came driving, “Could she be in there?” he wondered.

“I am going to go check” the other guy said.

Making sure note to be noticed he made his way to where Minyoung had parked. He looked through the window and there was a baby. She was sleeping peacefully oblivious of what was happening around her.

He signaled his companions indicating the baby was safe as her expertly opened the door and removed her for the car. He carried her to Minwoo’s car and tucked her in carefully.

“Now we need to go get Shinhye, we already have Hana.” Minwoo said.

They guy looked through the lens and he saw Minyoung pull out the guy

“Oh , she has got a gun, she is going to shoot” he said

“What, No!! You have to stop her, do something?” Minwoo instructed in a panicked voice and with that, his friend did the only thing he could do at the moment, he shot.

……………………………

“I can’t believe it! Even now after hearing everything that happened I still can’t believe it. Shinhye was so nice to her, why would she do such a thing?” Jiwon asked

“She was envious that’s what” Suzy said. “I this time she was only pretending to be her friend waiting for a chance to harm her.”

“To think she was here pretending to be concerned, that hypocrite!” Yoonhye said. “She got what was coming for her, good riddance”

“The only good thing she did was at least she didn’t harm Hana,” Krystal said. “It seems she sincerely like the baby”

“What do you mean she didn’t harm Hana? She took her away from her parents. Who does that? Hana must have missed her parents and been scared all the time she was with the kidnappers.” Suzy argued.

“She is not human that’s what. Which human would use their parent to do such crude things. she was doing everything with her father and made us believe her father was threatening her. Now I feel bad that I felt sorry for her” Yoonhye stated

“It’s fortunate Minwoo was able to rescue Shinhye” Jiwon said. “That was determined to kill her.” Jiwon said. “But like they say, Karma is a . Now she is six feet under leaving in that hell she created.”

And everyone just nodded in affirmation. During the rescue, Minyoung was shot and she died at the scene. It was lucky Shinhye got away unharmed. Minyoung’s father was also shot but he didn’t die so he was rushed to the hospital where he admitted everything they had done and planned to do. He also report their other counterpart and the money was also returned. He was to be transferred to prison as soon as he was released from hospital.

Shinhye was shocked when they found her. She couldn’t believe Minyoung had hated her that much. She was sure if it wasn’t for the people that rescued her, Minyoung would have killed her. She felt a bit sad for her when she died because even though Minyoung hadn’t been sincere with her friendship towards her, she on the other hand was very sincere.

She had told Minho everything that happened and what Minyoung had planned. He was not surprised at all.

“When we were talking before you went to get Hana and it came out that you were the target, I suspected it was someone close to you and amongst those, the only one I didn’t trust is her. I knew she wasn’t a good friend when she tried to seduce me the first time I visited you at your apartment. She later apologized when she came to stay with us but I still had my reservations.

“Why didn’t you tell me about it?” Shinhye asked

“Because even though she was like that, I knew you truly liked her and I didn’t what to be the one to destroy that. Now I wish I had told you then maybe we could have prevented things from getting to this.” He said in a sad voice

“You didn’t know she would get to that. She was obsessed with you oppa” she said

“I think she was actually obsessed with you. She just wanted whatever you had. Even if it was another guy you liked, I think she would have coveted him to. She wanted what was your, your life, your family, husband and your child.” He concluded and Shinhye remembered Minyoung saying those exact words.

“She said those exact things to me oppa. She really hated me but wanted everything I had.”

“I know it is bad to say this but I am glad she is gone. I feel that my family will be safer with her gone.” Minho confined in her

“It’s safer, and I don’t judge you for what you said because even I would rather have her gone than let her cause harm to my family. She played a bad game and she lost. I will not forgive anyone that threatens my family, I won’t” she strongly said

“And neither will I?  Minho added.

………………………..

She was now in Hana’s room watching her sleep peacefully and she heard Minho walk in. “How is she? He asked as he kissed her briefly on the lips

“Sleeping” she said as she watched his face. “And you, how was work today?” she asked

“Hectic but I am used to it now.” He said. “I just worry Hana will forget what her appa looks like one of these days. I leave while she is sleeping and return when she is sleeping, I am a bad dad”

“No oppa, you are not a bad dad. If you were a bad dad, you wouldn’t be worrying about it.” she assured him. So to help you be an excellent dad I will make sure to keep Hana awake until her dad gets back. So you have to come early or else Hana won’t sleep”

“I can’t have that. I will make sure to finish early from now on. I miss my two most favorite girls.” He said as he pulled her closer into a hug.

“We miss you too but we understand, okay?” she said. “Everything you do, you do it for us and I as your wife will do my best to make it comfortable for you.”

He felt so fortunate for the loving and understanding wife God had blessed him with and everyday he strived to keep her happy. “I love you” he said

“I love you too” she said. “Now got freshen up as I serve our dinner. You must be hungry, right?” she asked

“Hmm,” he said and a mischievous smile started forming at the corners of his lips. “But I am much more hungry for something else”

“Food first” she said. “I not a weak man later okay?” she added. “I need you strong and energetic”

“By all means baby.” He said as he kissed her lips savoring the kiss this time. “Your wish is my command.”

………………………………………

A/N

Hallo my dears readers. please leaave me a comment and I will get back to you soon.

Next will be the epilogue. I will post next weekend and with that EA will end, thanks for sticking around.