Chapter 16

Ever After

“I know that you want to help me but there is nothing you can do to help and even if there was I don’t want to burden you with my problems. I will be fine so you can stop worrying about it. I am fine, really.” Minyoung insisted

“No you are not fine, can’t you see? You are at the hospital Minyoung-ah, you need help if you don’t want to end up in the hospital again. Who did this to you?”

Shinhye could see that Minyoung really didn’t want to share her troubles but she wasn’t about to leave her friend in a complicated situation.

“Who did this to you?” she persistently asked until Minyoung finally gave into her.

“My fa …. Father” she said so inaudibly that Shinhye didn’t quite hear her

“Who?”

“My father” she answered a little more audible this time.

“Your father, but why, why would he do this to you? Explain it to me Minyoung because I don’t get it. I know you said you and he aren’t close but I didn’t think it was this bad, what happened?”

“It wasn’t this bad only because I had what he wanted. Now that I can’t give him what he wants this happened.”

“What is it that he wants from you?”

“What else but money of course. He has always looked at me as some sort of money generating machine he could go to whenever he needed some and I, I would give it to him. Why? Because he is my dad Shinhye,” she said while tears flowed down her cheeks.

Shinhye could feel Minyoung’s pain and sorrow. She couldn’t imagine what it felt like to have a father that saw you as something he could just exploit because he dad has always been a caring and loving father to her and her sisters.

I am so sorry Minyoung, i didn’t know all this was happening”

“How would you have known, if I didn’t say anything to you? Besides he has always been like that so am used to it. This only happened because now…. Now I am not in position to get him the money. I already gave him everything I had. I lost my job, the landlord is now tired of all my excuses and I am not even sure she will let me in after what happened.”

“You lost your job, how, what happened?” Shinhye asked shocked to know Minyoung situation.

“Well the company was facing some financial constraints and they had to get rid of some people and I happened to be one of those people. And before you ask, yes they did give as some compensation and that’s what I have been leaving on and giving to my dad all this while. So yeah that has been my life lately and I didn’t what to mess your new life with my problems, I still don’t want to even now.”

“I still can’t believe you have been through all this on your own, this is so sad. I wish you told me earlier?”

“Then what would you have done, nothing would have changed. He is my father and I will not hand him over to the police. Besides you were busy with the wedding.”

“I know, but still I would have been there for you. You wouldn’t have suffered alone. Now I even feel but because I feel like I was fronting my happiness not realizing you pain, byanae Minyoung?”

“That’s okay Shinhye, you didn’t know.”

“I will discuss this with oppa and see how we can help we were all worried about you.”

 That evening Minho picked Shinhye from the hospital and they drove to their beautiful home.

While having dinner Shinhye decided to tell Minho about Minyoung’s situation. She hoped he could offer her a job at their company if there was any position available.

“So I found out what happen with Minyoung today. You will not believe who did that to her.”

“Who” he reluctantly asked

“Her father”

“What? Wae?”

“Money. He needed money and when she didn’t give him some he did that to her.”

Minho was shocked with the information he was hearing and even felt sorry for Minyoung. He even kinda got why she had sure a bad character given the father she had.

“To make matters worse she was laid off work so she is in a really but situation. She can’t even afford her apartment anymore, it’s really a sad situation Oppa.”

“And her father, did she report him to the authorities?”

Shinhye just shakes her head

“Why?”

“Because he is, her father, can you imagine, after the way he treated her she still wants to protect him. He doesn’t deserve it but she will not hand him over.”

“And now, what does she plan to do? Asked Minho

“Look for work, she clearly needs money, that’s for sure. Oppa….?”

“Hmm”

“Do you think you could find her a job at your company, anything will do as she looks for a better one? Also I was thinking she could stay here with us for some time until she can get back on her feet. Also her father doesn’t know where we stay so he will not be able to harm her anymore.”

“I would like to help but at the moment there isn’t anything that would suit her am afraid. But if something comes up I will inform you. She can stay with as for a while”

“Thanks oppa,” she said as she linked their hands together. “I will feel better now she is somewhere he can’t harm her”

“And I will feel better knowing my wife is not stressed. Also with her staying here with us you will not feel so lonely anymore.”

She continued visiting Minyoung and on the day of her release from the hospital, they went together to Minyoung’s apartment to pick her things but also to settle her deb with the landlord. They inquired if the landlord had seen anyone suspicious but she had not. Minyoung kept on apologizing for burdening her but Shinhye assured her she wasn’t. “It will be like old times when we used to stay together, right?” Shinhye tried to lighten her friend. “Oppa and I would be happy to have you so don’t feel like you are burdening us, okay?”

“Okay, thanks Shinhye” she softly said as they drove to Shinhye’s house.

Shinhye had already prepared the guest room, provided clean sheets and towels. She just wanted Minyoung to feel comfortable in her home.

Later that evening Minyoung decided to speak with Minho who returned early and was in his study finishing some work he carried home. She knocked on the day and had him call back.

“Come in” he said.

She slowly worked into this huge room filled with lots of books, a place to entertaining his guests and his desk located in front of the book self. It was a manly place but also had a feminine touch to it.

“I hoped I am not disturbing you but I need to speak with you actually i want to apologize to you.” She said and waited for his reaction.

“What is it you are apologizing for?” he asked

“I want to apologize for my behavior last time, I realize I did something mean and stupid to someone that doesn’t deserve such treatment from me. Please forget that I made advances at you and I promise it won’t happen again. I was a bit envious of her happiness and I wanted to have it for myself but I am glad you didn’t accept my advances because I wouldn’t be able to forgive myself if something had happened.”

Minho was not sure if Minyoung was being sincere but he decided to accept her apology and prayed this wasn’t some kind of trick on her part.

“Apology accepted. I hope you meant everything you have just said because like you said my wife doesn’t deserve a mean back stabbing for a friend. If you mean what you said then fine but if it turns up this is just some act then I will not be so nice. If you do anything funny I won’t care that she loves you so much, you will definitely get it from me. Is that clear Minyoung? I will not let you hurt my wife and if you do, then you will have to face my wrath and I can assure you right now that you will not like it.”

“I understand why you can’t trust me but I can assure that I am being sincere and feel regretful for what I did.”

“Then that’s good if you are sincere. Just know I will be watching over my wife.”

“Yes”

She left his office and joined Shinhye who was y then setting the dinner take. Minyoung joined and the y both quickly finished the preparations fast. Shinhye went to call for Minho and they both walked into the dining area with Shinhye laughing at something Minho had said.

They sat down at the table with Minho sitting at the center seat Shinhye on the side next to him and Minyoung sat on the far end next to Shinhye.  Minho and Shinhye were sharing their food loving as they talked about silly thing all throughout dinner time. They discussed about Minyoung’s situation and advised her to change her phone number so her father couldn’t contact her. Minho returned to the study to finish up with the documents he brought as the two ladies washed the dirty dishes and retired to bed.

Shinhye went it the study and pulled Minho out. “Oppa it’s late and you need to come to bed with me. You can continue tomorrow when you are fresh and rested. Besides I am tired and want to rest but I can’t sleep when you aren’t there, let’s go, hmm?”

“Okay hon let’s go to bed. I have an early morning meeting so I need to get some rest. Let’s go put my beautiful wife to bed.”

* ***

Shinhye spent the next few days staying home with Minyoung they would eat out sometimes and had even gone shopping together with her sisters and Minho is sister. They got to catch up and were all shocked with Minyoung’s story and it left girls feeling sorry for Minyoung.

“You guys shouldn’t feel sorry for me, that’s the very reason why I didn’t say anything before, I didn’t want you guys feeling sorry for me.”

“So what do you plan to do?” asked Suzy

“I am going to start looking for a job I can’t keep bothering Shinhye and her husband.” answered Minyoung.

“You are not bothering us Minyoung, we enjoy your company.” Shinhye insisted

The girls continued gossiping about their lives. Yoonhye shared about her date with the sweet Minwoo, also Jiwon was beside herself with happiness since Woobin officially proposed and she got to show off her beautiful diamond ring and Suzy was still happy with her gorgeous boyfriend. They were all happy with how their lives were unfolding bringing them so much joy and happiness. They were truly happy except for Minyoung whose life wasn’t so perfect at the moment.

* * * *

“How was your date with your sisters?”

“They are fine more than fine actually, Yoonhye is now happily dating Minwoo and Woobin proposed to Jiwon and she couldn’t stop showing off her beautiful ring. They all send their best regards. It was fan hanging with them I am thinking about doing it more often. And you hon, how was your day?”

“Busy as usual but I am used to it.  The only thing I have failed getting used to is missing you. I wish I could be with you every minute of the day.”

“I miss you too oppa. Since we both miss each other how about we make sure to meet every day and have our lunch together. I can make it and bring to your office and other times we could just eat out at the restaurant. Then we will not miss each other as much.”

“Agreed, I would love that and I get to also show off my beautiful wife.”

“I love you oppa”

“And I love you too Shinhye.”

* * * *

“Are you going somewhere Shinhye, what’s with the packed food containers? Asked Minyoung

“Hmm, I am going out. Oppa and I decided to have our lunch together and so I will be having my lunch with him henceforth. I left some for you so feel free to dig in when you feel hungry. I need to prepare and go because oppa is not a very patient man, he hasn’t stopped asking if I am already on my way.”

She rushed upstairs and quickly got ready for her lunch date with her handsome husband.

He had already informed his secretary about her arrival and one she got there the Secretary just let her through to her husband’s office. She served their lunch and Minho joyed her.

“This is delicious hon,” he praised

“I put in all effort because I wanted you to enjoy it. And in case there was a worker we had to share with I didn’t want them thinking your wife was a bad cook.”

“You don’t need to worry about that because you are indeed a very good cook and even if you weren’t good at cooking it wouldn’t change what I feel about you. You don’t need to prove anything dear.” He kissed her lightly on the lips, “I love you and every day the goes by I feel my heart bursting with these feelings I have for you.”

“I love you too oppa.”

She picked some chicken and placed it on his place, “here oppa, eat some chicken” she watched him eat and realized she loved taking care of him. They finished their lunch and Shinhye had to leave. He wanted her to stay a little longer but he had to meet some business associates later. “I loved having lunch with you dear I think I am already addicted” he said

“I will come again tomorrow. Lucky for you I have all the time in the world to satisfy all your addictions.”

“Satisfy all my addictions, you know what the means right? Because you must now by now that I am not just addicted to your cooking right”

“ALL oppa everything you want because I am a dutiful wife at the service of my deserving husband. Besides I am sure you would ask for something I can’t provide”

“I love you”

“I love you too.”

They kiss and hug for a while until she had to go before his client arrived. “I will see you at home babe and thanks for the delicious dinner.”

“I will wait for you at home so finish up early maybe we could quench some of those other addictions of yours”

“I will” they kiss goodbye “I love you” Shinhye says before she walks out his office

* * * *

“Hon you look pale, are you not feeling well? Are you sick” He asked as he felt her temperature and compared it with his.

“No, I think I am just tired don’t worry about me and let’s just eat our breakfast.”

“And Minyoung, is she still sleeping?” he asked

“So has a job interview today so she left early.”

“I see, okay let’s eat.”

The moment she started eating she started feeling nauseous and Minho noticed

“Is the food not to your liking?”

“No, I like it she said as she stuffed more food into and her stomach rejected the food and she had to run to the toilet and puke all her breakfast. Minho followed her into the toilet and rubbed her back as she finished with the puking. “This is not normal babe, we will go see the doctor. I can’t leave and go to work knowing I left you in this state and there is no one with you at home. We will pass by the hospital first before I head off to the office. Go get dressed I will wait for you”

Minho made an appointment with his doctor as Shinhye got ready upstairs. He also called his secretary and asked him to push his meeting as he would be late because of personal reasons. They used Minho’s car and the driver drove off to the hospital. They immediately got into the doctor’s office and Shinhye answered some questions asked by the doctor and later they did some blood tests and the doctor asked them to wait for the blood test results.

They doctor called them in and happily informed them they were going to become parents in the next 7months. “Your wife is 2 months pregnant and that was the cause of the nausea and the loss of color, you are going to be parents. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs.  Lee”

They were blown away by the doctor’s news. They had wanted to have a child and he just told them they would be having that child soon. Both were emotional and Shinhye was tearing from the baby news and Minho was controlling his.

Did I hear him right? Are will really going to be parents? Me carrying oppa’s child in my belly, I can’t believe it. It has finally happened oppa we did it—Shinhye’s thoughts

Shinhye is pregnant with my child. We are going to be parents to this beautiful child we created together. She is carrying my child. We are finally getting a new addition to our family Shinhye—Minho’s thoughts.

“Thank you Doctor” Minho said as he got up and brought Shinhye out with him. He wanted to hug her and kiss her and the minute they found a more private area he hugged his wife tight and thanked her for making him the happiest man. The two were so excited and immediately called their families and told them what the doctor had just told them.

They had lunch together at a restaurant and Minho had to go back to the office. They reluctantly went their different ways when the driver dropped Minho at the office and Minho asked him to send his beautiful wife back home.

“Call me when you get home” he instructed

“I will” and the driver drove off as Minho made his way up to his office.

Shinhye called Minyoung to find out about the result from the job interview and Minyoung informed her that she had got the job. She congratulated her friend and suggested they celebrate that night. “I also have some good news of my own to share so we should celebrate tonight and I will tell you them.” They hang up and Shinhye instructed the driver to pass by the market so she could buy some groceries. She wanted to make dinner to celebrate Minyoung’s job and her pregnancy. Life was indeed beautiful. When she got home she called Miho as promised and also informed him about her dinner plans. “Finish your work early honey, we need to celebrate to night, arraso?”

“I will. I love you”

“I love you too”

They made dinner together with Minyoung and after they decided to freshen up as they wait for Minho to return from work. Shinhye was still in the shower when he arrived and he quickly took his clothes off and joined her in the shower.

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer as he hugged her from behind. “Hi” he whispered as he kissed her neck making Shinhye aroused with desire. “Hi” she softly replied in a husky voice as he continued placing soft kisses around her neck and shoulders. He slowly turned her around so she was now facing him. He grabbed her lips into a passionate kiss both giving and taking from each other. He kept whispering sweet nothings that aroused her even more as his hands roamed all over her body. They made love in the shower and later got out to join Minyoung down stairs for their dinner.

Over dinner Shinhye informed Minho about the news of Minyoung getting a job and he congratulated her and after they also shared news of her pregnancy. “We found out today, I am 2 months pregnant Minyoung, I am going to be a mother Minyoung. I am so excited, we have been wanting to get pregnant and now we are going to be parents in the next 7 months” she said as she held hands with Minho staring into his hands with all the love in her heart mirrored in her eyes and he pulled her closer for a brief kiss on the lips. “And you are going to be an aunt. Today is really a good day for all of us, you finally got a job and we found out we are pregnant.”

* * * *

 

A/N

Am sorry about the slow updates but I will do my best to finish this story