Chapter 7

Ever After

Friday was finally here and she would finally get to see him. She was finally going to get a boyfriend. She was excited. She was worried thinking if she would make a good girlfriend. She didn’t want to date so many, she had always hoped that she will date one guy and marry him.

Her sisters always said she was so old fashioned but this didn’t change her resolution. She wanted to have all her experiences with one man because she didn’t ever want to have the issue of comparing her husband with her past ex-boyfriends. She wanted to share those special moments and experiences with him. She always told her sisters that she was in love with her husband and by this she meant that in though she hadn’t met him yet, she didn’t want to do anything that might bother him in future. And now in her mind that man was Lee Minho, her future husband. Even thinking about it made her happy.

She dressed beautifully, simple but flattering.

Minho was beside himself today. He could not wait to see her.

They didn’t sit together during the lecture but immediately after class Minho walked straight to where Shinhye was.

Minho: Hi

Shinhye: (­Shyly) Hi

Minho: Long time, you must have been busy

Shinhye: Ya, I was very busy, ya

Minho: And now?

Shinhye: Now, now am not that busy, no.

Minho: So does that mean we can do lunch today?

Shinhye: Yes

Minho: Meet at the cafeteria after class?

Shinhye: Yes

Shinhye called her sisters and told them not to expect her for lunch and they about her lunch date. At lunch time Shinhye met Minho at the cafeteria and the two got their lunch and sat near the window.

She was beyond happy. He was happy just looking at her, having lunch with her, it felt nice.

Shinhye: I am sorry and thanks

Minho: For what

Shinhye: Sorry for ignoring you and thanks for waiting

Minho: It’s fine. I wanted to and I believe in this, you and me, us.

Shinhye: Me too

Minho: So we are official dating, you are my girlfriend and I, I am your boyfriend right?

Shinhye: Yes

Minho: for starters give me your number

She read it for him and he called her so she got his.

Minho: What are going to save me as?

Shinhye: It’s a secret, and you what have you saved me as?

Minho: What else, I saved you as my girlfriend

Shinhye: Really?

Minho: Yes, you are my girlfriend and I want everyone to know.

Shinhye was touched and she decided to also save him as her boyfriend on her phone.

Lunch break ended and they still wanted to chat but Minho had class. Shinhye has no class in the afternoon but she was going to the library to do some research since mid-terms are around the corner. The two agreed to meet in the evening after his class.

Minho fetched her from the library and the two walked to the parking lot hand in hand chatting. Her sisters found them there and they had to say their goodbyes. She really wanted to continue chatting with him but she couldn’t delay her sisters and besides their parents would be worried if they were late.

Minho: I will call you. He waved to her sisters and moved to where he parked his car.

The girls were eager to hear the gossip on Shinhye’s date.

Ji won: So how did it go?

Shinhye: Ok

Ji won: Just that, ok?

Shinhye: What do you want me to say?

Yoonhye: Details of ok

Shinhye: He is nice, straight forward and he is easy to talk to.

Jiwon: I knew it, see I am a good judge of character. Now that you guys have officially started dating we have to make sure it stays like that.

Shinhye was in bed when Minho called her.

Minho: Did I wake you?

Shinhye: No, I am awake

Minho: I wanted to thank you

Shinhye: For what?

Minho: For accepting my feelings for you. You won’t regret it.

Shinhye: And thank you too for accepting me and understanding my situation then.

Minho: Let’s hang out tomorrow, I want to see you

Shinhye: Ok, where can we meet?

Minho: I will come pick you at your place

Minho picked her from home and he met her mum.

Minho: Your mum is nice.

Shinhye: Ya, she is.

Minho: So what do you want to do today?

Shinhye: Anything as long as it’s with you

Minho: we can just go somewhere quiet and talk, I don’t have anything planned. I just want to spend time with you.

They decided to go to the park and just walked around talking about themselves, discussing their likes and dislikes.

Shinhye: what do you like about me?

Minho: a lot, you are beautiful, caring and compassionate. I like that you love and care for your family, you are down to earth and you are not pretentious. And you Shinhye, what do you like about me?

 Shinhye: At first I thought you were this self-centered person but after I realized that you were not. I also like that you were willing to wait and fight for this relationship. And also I like that you are really handsome too. You are really handsome but you already know that.

Minho: You are not so bad yourself

Shinhye: What? I take that back, you are a self-absorbed …….

Minho: Kidding, I didn’t first realize it but the more I look at you, the more I am blown away. It is like every time I see you have become more beautiful. How is that even possible, am worried someone else will see what I see and they will take you from me.

Shinhye: You don’t have to worry about that oppa, no one can take me. I am here to stay and I am not going anywhere unless you don’t want me anymore then I will have no choice but to go.

Minho: Then you my dear are stuck with me because I have no plans of letting you go.

They spent the whole day together and later that evening he dropped her home.

When he got home he texted her

Minho: I had a good time today

Shinhye: Me too

Minho: Let’s do it again soon

Shinhye: ok

Minho: we need to discuss our timetables so we can know about the frees and see each other

Shinhye; ok, we shall discuss it on Monday.

Minho: I just want to spend us much free time I have with you

Shinhye: Me too

And that’s how it was all through the weekend. They  kept texting each other and they could not believe they had spent all their life not knowing each other and now it seemed like they couldn’t be without each other.

 

Author's Note:

Sorry about the delay in updating but I am kind of busy this days and also running out of ideas  to write about. I was really stuck with this one I hope it's not below your expectations. thanks for reading my ff and forever indebted to you guys. I need to be inspired.