End of A Great Day, Beginning of A Battle

Who Is He? (Currently Rewriting)

It was around 6pm when Nicole came back home. L carefully escorted her out of the car and to her front door. They had a great day as L decided to take Nicole to the Han River since she had never been. They rode a bike with him pedaling and her sitting in the back on the little seat. Nicole enjoyed the view in front of her as L enjoyed the warmth of their bodies being close together as her arms were tight around his waist. Later the cute couple to be decided to order chicken and pizza and have a little picnic to themselves. Nicole enjoyed having L’s company for the day and hoped that they would be able to continue to be happy together for a long time. But now it was time for the two to say goodbye to each other for the day. L had his left arm around her waist as he used his right hand to hold her left. No one really said anything but it was a warm atmosphere between the two as they kept exchanging smiles and glances. They made it to the door and felt a little sad the day had to end. Nicole sighed and looked at L.

 

“I wish the day could go on for a little longer. We could have been able to do more stuff.” She pouted. L chuckled at her cuteness.

 

“Maybe I can take you out this Friday, if you want?” He asked with a hopeful heart.

 

“I like that idea. We’ll go straight after school.” Nicole replied with a smile. L’s smile grew and couldn’t hold his excitement. Both of them couldn’t take their eyes off of each other and the gap between them started to close. Nicole closed her eyes and L did too. Their lips were almost a centimeter away from each other when…

 

“Noona.” The couple split from each other and looked towards the door. Sehun was standing there with another boba in his hands. Nicole couldn’t believe her eyes.

 

“S-Sehun-ah…”

 

“Noona, what are you doing out here? Who’s the guy?” Sehun asked piercing his eyes at L who didn’t really back down fromt the younger ones glare. Nicole bit her bottom lip feeling the tension growing heavier. She sighed and pushed Sehun back inside.

 

“Don’t tell anyone what you just saw or I’ll hurt you.” The younger boy looked at her surprised and she smiled apologetically before shutting the door. Nicole looked at L who was a little bewildered with what happened.

 

“Sorry about that. I guess one of Luhan’s friends decided to pay a visit.” Nicole tried to explain. L softly smiled and nodded.

 

“I recognized him. He’s Exo’s youngest member, Oh Sehun. Computer hacking genius known to hack every code there was.” L smirked. Nicole was a bit speechless.

 

“Someone’s been doing their research. Haha” She chuckled.

 

“More likely Woohyun has since he’s mainly the computer geek of the group. He breaks codes just like he breaks a woman’s heart.” L said. Nicole laughed at the thought of Woohyun actually being a computer nerd. After a few seconds of silence the two just stared at each other with adoration.

 

“So um...I guess I should go in now before someone else interrupts.” Nicole grabbed the door handle and opened the door. She looked back at L and quickly pecked him on the cheek before rushing inside and closing the door. L froze for a sec before breaking into a smile. He glanced at the door before heading to his car. Inside. Nicole was peeping through her curtain as she watched L go inside his car and watch it drive away. She smiled and limped to the living room. No one was there except a chubby cheeked boy who was filling his face with buns.

 

“Minseok oppa, what are you doing here?” Nicole asked as she sat down next to him. Xiumin swallowed his food.

 

“How many times do I have to tell you it’s XIUMIN oppa?”

 

“And how many times do I tell you that I can call you whatever name I want?” Nicole retorted. Xiumin just frowned and mumbled before stuffing his mouth with another bun. Nicole grabbed one and took a small bite.

 

“So I guess you and Sehun decided to visit from Germany huh?” She asked before taking another bit. Xiumin was about to load up on another bun but paused as he looked at her.

 

“Luhan didn’t tell you?” Nicole stopped chewing and looked at Xiumin with a questioned look.

 

“Tell me what?” She asked. Xiumin took a bite of his bun.

 

“All of Exo K and M relocated here. We’re going to be staying with you guys.” He answered her. Nicole absentmindedly nodded her head as she finished off the last of her bun before freezing. She looked at Xiumin with a bewildered expression.

 

“Wait a minute, wait a minute. So you’re telling me that ALL of Exo is here?” She asked with a hope that she heard the elder wrong. Xiumin looked at her and just nodded and returned to the last of his food. Nicole just sat there with no expression as she couldn’t believe the news she has received. Soon her shock turned to anger as she figured Luhan knew this and didn't say a word to her at all at school today. She was going to kill him. Nicole looked at Xiumin again.

 

“Where is everyone?”

 

“They’re all in the kitchen. I stayed here because Kai and Chen kept trying to take my buns.” Nicole got up and headed for the kitchen. Her injured leg was making it a little hard for her to move at a fast pace. Right next to the door was a window between the dining room and the kitchen with a counter top. Nicole ducked down and hid under the counter top and peeked over it. She quickly found Luhan who was laughing at something Kris had said. She moved her eyes and saw Kai, Chen, Tao and Baekhyun eating all her favorite snacks. As much as she wanted to yell at them right then and there, she refrained herself from such actions. Next to the four was D.O. was making sandwiches for Lay, Sehun, Suho. Nicole shook her head and silently giggled as she figured the mother of the group would be cooking. Last but not least, Nicole spotted someone unforgettable. Chanyeol was sitting on the countertop next to Suho as he was trying to tell a funny joke to the leader. Nicole knew Chanyeol was a funny guy, by doing stupid things. As she looked at all of Exo, she thought of something and sneaked away to find Xiumin.

 

“So then the doctor says…”

 

“Chanyeol, for the last time, that joke's not funny. It doesn’t even make sense.” Baekhyun said as he munched on a candy bar. Luhan rushed over to see the mess made.

 

“Yah, you guys ate everything?! Nicole’s gonna blow when she sees this.” Luhan said worriedly as he pictured Nicole beating the life at these boys just for eating her treats.

 

“Eehh, Nicole won’t mind. I’ll just put her mind to ease with a few lines I use to calm girls down after I break up with them.” As he finished that, a knife came slicing through the air ad stuck right on to one of the cupboards. Kai looked over his shoulder and saw Chanyeol giving him a deadly glare.

 

“One stupid line that comes out of your mouth towards my angel and I won’t miss next time.” Kai softly chuckled and took the knife down.

“Don’t worry hyung, that girl is all yours.” Chanyeol smirked. Luhan just scoffed.

 

“Um. just incase you guys forgot, she’s MY cousin. Which means I get to have a say in who can date her or not.” Luhan stated. Chanyeol frowned.

 

“Hyung, come on. I’ve been having feelings for her since I met her seven years ago. Don’t tell me you don’t approve of me for her?” Everyone in the kitchen was silent as they awaited for Luhan’s answer.

 

“Um well….I’m not sure if I want to her to date now. Probably when this whole mess is over.” Luhan said with a bit hesitation in his voice. He didn’t want Chanyeol to find out about what’s been going on with Nicole and L. Unfortunately, someone didn’t know that when…

 

“Then who was that guy noona was with outside?” Sehun questioned. Luhan whipped his head towards the maknae.

 

“What guy?” Chanyeol asked. Sehun looked at the taller male.

 

“I was coming here after talking with Xiumin hyung and heard someone talking outside. I looked out the window and saw Nicole coming up with some guy. I watched them and they looked like they were going to kiss. That’s when I decide to open the door. I tried to get a good look if the guy but no one shoved me back inside the house so I came here. But I wasn’t supposed to tell you guys though….Ooopps.” Sehun covered his mouth and looked down ashamed he couldn’t keep his mouth shut. Everyone was quiet. Luhan was freaking out inside. Not because Sehun found out about L but because what might happen next from Chanyeol. He looked at the happy virus who didn’t look so happy right now. Instead, Chanyeol looked as if he wanted to murder someone right now. No one said a word until…

 

“FREEZE ERS!” Nicole and Xiumin came in ad sprayed everyone with silly string, oblivious to the heavy tension. After a minute, Xiumin noticed no one was reacting and looked at everyone.

 

“What’s up with you guys?” Nicole stopped spraying as she noticed too that everyone was just standing there.

 

“You guys okay?” She hopped over to Luhan who just looked down.

 

“Lu, what’s up with everybody. Did something happen?” Luhan looked at Nicole and opened his mouth to say something but someone beat him to it.

 

“Is it true?” Nicole looked at the owner of that voice. Chanyeol slid off the counter and slowly walked towards her.

 

“Is what true?” Nicole was confused until she looked at Luhan then saw Sehun looking at her a bit apologetically. It took Nicle a little it time to register what happened and she figured it out. Sheun blabbed.  Nicole chuckled and looked at Chanyeol.

 

“Yeah it’s true. I was on a date? So what?” Nicole said nonchalantly. She tossed the spray can away and got a glass of water. No one dared to say anything. Nicole was oblivious to everyone’s nervous expressions, except Xiumin who was taking a bite of Suho’s sandwich. Luhan nervously laughed and put his arm around her shoulders.

 

“Haha, what she meant is that she actually went to hang out with her friend. Not date because  won’t let her date. Right cousin?” Luhan looked at Nicole trying to communicate with his eyes telling her to go along with what he said. Nicole got the message but didn't listen. She looked at the the giant that was towering over her.

 

“Can you move Chanyeol? I gotta start my homework.” Chanyeol was about to refuse but decide to hold back on what he was going to say and just let her through. Nicole thanked him and hopped out of the kitchen to her room. Luhan sighed and rubbed the nape of his neck.

 

“Look Chanyeol---”

 

“Who is he?” Chanyeol asked darkly. Luhan knew what he meant but didn’t answer.

 

“Who’s who?”

 

“Who’s the bastard that thinks he can steal my girl away?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“I don’t think I should tell you….”

 

“Hyung---”

 

“That’s enough Chanyeol, we need to get settled in. Let’s go unpack our bags guys.” Suho instructed. Everyone followed and glanced at Chanyeol as they exited. Luhan stopped and patted him on the shoulder before exiting. Xiumin was the last to leave. Before leaving the kitchen, he gave Chanyeol a chocolate bar.

 

“I don’t know what happened or what made you sad but maybe this chocolate can heal you like it sometimes heals me when I’m down.” Xiumin smiled and patted the dongsaeng’s shoulder before leaving. Chanyeol looked at the candy bar in his hand. Suddenly Xiumin came back and snatched it out of his hand. Chanyeol looked at the elder member.

 

“Nevermind, I like this flavor.” With that Xiumin left, leaving Chanyeol along again. The tall member chuckled at his hyung’s antics. Chanyeol leaned against the island in the middle of the large empty kitchen and just stared at the wall as he thought.

 

‘Nicole, why do you reject me?’

 

 


 

I bet you guys are a bit sad that I haven’t updated in forever. So much has happened and I just lost he drve to write for a while but then I remembered I can’t leave you guys hanging. It took a while for me to finish this chapter but it’s finally done. Hopefully the next one won’t take long. I’ll try my best. Fighting!

 

Meanwhile...

 

*Gasps* Nicole rejected Chanyeol? Or is she just oblivious towards his feelings? What do you guys think? Comment below.