Meeting Two Dancers, Who Rap

Who Is He? (Currently Rewriting)

"Yah Sunjongah! Hurry up or we'll be late!" Woohyun yelled as the maknae was running to the car while putting his left shoe on. It was the beginning of the new school year and everyone was very excited. Sungjong will be starting the fourth grade, Woohyun and Sungjong will be in the fifth and Sunggyu will be in his last year of elementary school. They were all ecstatic to go to school together since they all transferred to the same school. That way they can all be together and hang out during breaks and lunch. Finally Sungjong out on his shoe and got inside the warm car where everyone was waiting.

"Annyeong." Sungjong greeted happily. The guys smiled back and replied. Sungyeol took a bag from his backpack and set it on his lap, opening it. Sunggyu looked at it curiously.

"What do you have there?" Sungyeol grinned and pulled out bread.

"I went to the convenience store and got our favorite bread. I thought this was a good idea to bring some to eat on our way to school." Sungyeol passed one out to everybody and they all enjoyed the delightful food. After thirty minutes, the four boys were finally at their new school. They looked at each other and smiled. They walked in the gates and headed to different halls. Woohyun and Sungyeol waved goodbye and headed towards their class that they thankfully got together. Sungjong looked at Sunggyu with fear in his eyes. He was very shy about his new class. Sunggyu smiled and put his hand on Sungjong's shoulder.

"Sungjongah, don't be afraid to try to get along with others, okay? And if anyone tries to bully you, use those fighting techniques I showed you. I gotta go. Be brave dongsaeng." Sunggyu gave him one last smiled before heading upstairs to his class. Sungjong walked inside his new class and looked around. Boys were talking, laughing, playing their PSPs and Nintendo’s, listening to music, and play fighting. Girls were also talking, laughing, trying on their older sister's or mother's make up, showing off what they got during break, and talking about idols they like. Sungjong just stood there trying to find an empty seat. Luckily he found one by the back door and rushed to sit there. He put his things on the desk and sat there quietly. He put his head in his arms and just looked around, waiting for class to start. He was about to close his eyes until someone came up to him.

"Are you sitting here?" Sungjong looked up to see a boy speaking to him. The kid was a bit scary looking. Sungjong stood up.

"Yes. Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Lee Sungjong." Sungjong replied. The kid looked at Sungjong for a bit.

"I don't care about your name. I just want you to move. Me and my friends always sit in the back so hurry up and move." With that the kid left and Sungjong just looked down. He took his stuff and moved to a different seat in the second row from the teacher. He looked around wondering if he will ever make new friends in his new class. Soon the bell rang and everyone fled to their seats. The teacher came in and then class began.

~Lunch~

 Sungjong waited for everyone to leave so he doesn't get squashed from the crowd trying to get through the door. Once it was clear he exited the classroom and headed for the lunch area following a few kids who were headed the same way. The cafeteria was practically full with hungry students. Sungjong stood on his toes to find his three hyungs but they were nowhere in sight. His arms deflated and he lost hope in finding them in this sea of students. He turned back and went to the school quad where it was quiet and found two guys there with a stereo. H e hid behind the wall and peeked at what they were doing. 

"Yah Dongwoo-ah. We need to come up with a new dance choreo. The battle is coming up next Friday and we still don't have anything to show." 

"I kind of came up with something new last night. We can go to my studio afterschool and practice it. But you have to bring snacks this time Hoya." A fifth grader Dongwoo said. Hoya nodded and the stereo. The two stood up and started doing different kinds of dances. Sungjong was amazed at their dancing and leaned a bit more up to get a closer look. As he took a few more steps, he accidentally stepped on a twig making a snap sound. Dongwoo and Hoya stopped what they were doing and looked around to see where that sound came from. Dongwoo headed towards where Sungjong was and Sungjong hid behind the wall hoping he wouldn't come closer.

"Who are you?" Sungjong turned his head to see a puzzled Dongwoo looking at him. He was a bit startled and just looked at the ground, not saying anything.

“Whose there Dongwoo?” Hoya came up and saw Sungjong. Sungjong looked a bit scared because they were older and a bit bigger than he was. Hoya sensed he was scared and came up to him. Dongwoo just stood there, staring at Sungjong. Hoya put his hand on Sungjong’s shoulder, making Sungjong flinch.

“We’re not going to hurt you. We just want to know who you are. What’s your name?’’ Hoya asked. Sungjong looked at him.

“Lee Sungjong.” Hoya smiled and so did Dongwoo.

“Nice to meet you. My name is Lee Howon. But everyone calls me Hoya. This is my friend, Jang Dongwoo.” Sungjong looked at the older boys and smiled. He was happy to find some nice people around here.

“Why don’t you come join us since your all alone.” Dongwoo suggested. Sungjong nodded and followed them to the bench that they were sitting on. Dongwoo moved the stereo to make room for Sungjong, and they all sat down.

“So are you new here? I have never seen you here before.” Hoya asked.


“Yes. My hyungs and I transferred here.” Sungjong answered.

“You have brothers? How many?” Dongwoo asked.

“They’re not my real brothers but they treat me like their dongsaeng so I call them my hyungs. It’s the four of us. Their names are Kim Sunggyu, Nam Woohyun, and Lee Sungyeol.” Sungjong answered.

“Kim Sunggyu? We know him. He’s in our class. He seems like a nice kid.” Hoya said with Dongwoo nodding in agreement. For the rest of lunch, Sungjong became really good friends Hoya and Dongwoo. Then the bell rang.

“Do you guys want to meet my hyungs after school? I think you’ll like each other.” Sungjong suggested. Dongwoo whispered something to Hoya and Hoya nodded.

“Can it be another time? We have to practice for a really important dance battle coming up. How about next Saturday?” Hoya said. Sungjong was a bit sad but understood.

“Okay. Next Saturday it is. Good luck and I hope you guys win. Bye.” Sungjong waved at them and they waved back.

~After School~

Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Sungyeol were all waiting by the school gates looking for their little maknae. They were trying to find him during lunch but weren’t able to and thought he found other people to eat with.  After a few minutes Sungyeol spotted a familiar figure walking towards them.

“There he is!” Sungyeol yelled. Woohyun and Sunggyu both turned their heads and waved at Sungjong. Sungjong waved back.

“Annyeong.” Sungjong said cheerfully.

“Where were you at lunch? We couldn’t find you.” Sunggyu said.

“I tried to look for you guys too but I gave up and went to the quad where I made new friends. They’re in Sunggyu hyung’s class. Lee Howon and Jang Dongwoo.” Sungjong said. Sunggyu looked at him.

“Those guys? I’ve heard about them. They’re a dance duo. I heard they’re really good too. They won a lot of dance battles. I guess they’re alright.” Sunggyu said. Sungjong smiled.

“Great. I arranged for us to meet next Saturday. Next Friday they have a dance battle, so they’ll be busy for the next two weeks.” Sungjong said. The three nodded their heads and all four of them left to go get ice cream and talk about their first day.

~Next Saturday~

Dongwoo and Hoya were sitting outside a small candy store waiting for Sungjong and the others to show up.

“Are they almost here? I’m cold.” Dongwoo complained. Hoya rolled his eyes.

“Be patient. Besides, we got here fifteen minutes early. They still got another five minutes. Just wait.” Hoya said. Soon a black car came up and out came the four boys. Sungjong was the first to see them and ran towards them.

“Annyeong Dongwoo hyung. Annyeong Hoya hyung. Did you wait long?” Sungjong asked. Dongwoo opened his mouth but Hoya kicked him hard under the table and looked at Sungjong.

“Not really. We barely just got here. Right Dongwoo?” Hoya eyed him. Dongwoo sighed and nodded. Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Sungyeol came up and stood next to Sungjong, looking at the two boys.

“Annyeong. I’m Kim Sunggyu. We’re in the same class.” Sunggyu said.

“Annyeong. My name is Nam Woohyun. I hope we become good friends.”Woohyun said.

“Annyeong. I’m Lee Sungyeol. Nice to meet you.” Sungyeol said with a smile. Hoya stood up, pulling Dongwoo with him.

“Annyeong. My name is Lee Howon but call me Hoya. This idiot here is my friend Jang Dongwoo. We’re happy to meet you all. Please sit down.” Hoya said. The six boys all down around two tables they pulled together.

“So I heard you guys are really cool dancers. I saw videos and you guys are jjang.” Sunggyu said. The duo smiled at the compliment and thanked him.

“We don’t just dance though. Sometimes we like to rap. But we’re not that good though.” Dongwoo stated. Sungyeol looked interested.

“Can you freestyle a little?” Sungyeol asked. Dongwoo and Hoya looked at each other and nodded. They started rapping, saying whatever came out of their heads and the four boys were amazed. When the duo finished, the four boys clapped.

“You guys are good. I wish I can rap like that.” Sungjong pouted. The older boys chuckled and patted his back.

“You guys are really cool. I was wondering. We’re in a group but still don’t have a name. Do you guys want to join?” Sunggyu asked. The duo looked at each other and whispered to one another for a couple of minutes before deciding. Hoya looked at Sunggyu and smiled.

“Sure. It seems fun to hang out with you guys. Sign us up.” Sunggyu smiled and so did everyone else. They spent the rest of the day getting hyper off of all sorts of candy that they wasted money on. But this wasn’t the end though. There was one more person to complete the group and he was coming very soon.