In The Morning, A Surprise Visit

Who Is He? (Currently Rewriting)

~Morning~

L groaned a bit before waking up in an unfamiliar place.

‘Where am I?’ He thought and sat up. His head started pounding, as if someone was hitting it with a baseball bat. He held his forehead and looked around and remembered something.

‘This is Nicole’s room. What am I doing here?’ He tried to remember what happened last night but only the part where he started singing came to mind. He groaned and closed his eyes.

“I can’t believe I did that in front of her.”

“Did what in front of who?” L opened his eyes and saw Nicole standing there with a tray in her hands. She walked towards him and set the tray on the little table next to her bed. L saw a mug of coffee and toast with jam on it. He looked at Nicole who was looking at him. She sat on the edge of the bed.

“Are you feeling okay? Do you need anything? Does your head hurt?” She asked a bunch of questions. L softly chuckled.

“I’m fine. Just a bit blurry about last night. Can you tell me what happened? How did you know where I was?” Nicole looked down and back at L.

“A bartender called me and I took a taxi to pick you up. When we got back, you started singing a Wonder Girls song and I yelled at you. I put you in my bed and I slept on the couch.” She lied about the last part so she wouldn’t make him feel uncomfortable. L felt guilty for making her rush to pick him up late at night. He just wanted to drink his problems away. Nicole looked at him.

“Can I ask why were you drinking?” L stiffened a bit at her question but relaxed and leaned back on the wall and looked down.

“I was mad at my father for doing something that I will never approve of.” L had a serious face on and it made Nicole shudder a bit from seeing how scary looking he can be. She reached out and grabbed his hand. L looked at her a bit surprised.

“Well, whatever you’re father did, was probably for a reason. Right? Or was it something that affected you?” L took a deep breath and looked away.

“He decided to make my step-brother the head of the mob organization.” Nicole was a bit speechless. She knew how it is not to be named head of the organization, even though she doesn’t want the title, but giving the title to a non-blood relative was something big in the business, especially when you have your own children. It shows you have no trust in them, no part for them to take in the family business, and that was happening to L. His own father didn’t trust him at all. Nicole felt bad for L right now. She leaned towards him and gave him a hug. L was startled from her touch but softened and returned the hug. He buried his face into her neck and they stayed in that position for a few minutes. Nicole finally released herself from the hug. L didn’t want it to end and wanted time to pause for a while. He was about to say something but his phone started to ring. He cursed in his breath and grabbed it. Sunggyu was calling. Nicole saw who it was and stood up.

“I’ll be right back. Answer your phone. We skipped school so they must be worried. Make sure to eat your food.” Nicole walked out of the room. L sighed and answered his phone.

“What?”

“Yah, you brat! Where the hell are you! We’re worried sick about you! Especially Sungjong!”

“Don’t worry hyung. I’m at a friend’s house right now.”

“What friend’s house? You have another friend? Since when?” Sungyeol took over the phone. L mentally cursed himself since Infinite were his only friends. He tried thinking of a good excuse to make.

“Oh yeah L, did you invite Nicole to my birthday party Saturday? I’m counting on you and believe you did!” Sunyeol said through the phone.

“Yes I invited her. She said she will come so calm down.” L said and grabbed the coffee that was on the tray and took a sip.

“Yay! Nicole is coming to my party! Nicole is coming to my party!” Sungyeol got off the phone and started doing his weird happy dance. Sunggyu took the phone again.

“Seriously L where are you? Just tell me now.” Sunggyu said with a concerned voice. L sighed and put the coffee down.

“All I can tell you is that I’m at someone’s house. I’ll tell you the rest later okay?” L told the leader. Sunggyu stayed silent for a moment.

“Fine. See you at the party tomorrow. But don’t think this conversation is over. Bye.” Before L could respond, Sunggyu had already hung up on him. He put his phone down on the bed and closed his eyes. How is he going to explain this to Infinite that he got drunk and slept at a girl’s house? And not just any girl, but Nicole’s house. So many questions will be thrown at him. Why did he drink? How did Nicole know where he was? Did they do anything? Many more to come as well. L opened his eyes and got out of the bed. He walked towards the bathroom and looked around it.

‘She’s not very girly.’ He thought and closed the door. Nicole walked back into the room eating a piece of toast and saw the bed empty. She looked around.

‘He must of went to go use the bathroom. His phone is still here.’ She thought. She sat on her bed and sighed. She thought of what they could do today since they skipped school. She waited for L to come out. After a few minutes, he came out. L looked in her direction and their eyes caught each other. It was like time has frozen and they were the only people in the world. (I’m so cheesy!) Neither of them looked away. It lasted for what seemed like forever but then there was a knock on her door.

“Miss, there is someone here to see you.” Their little staring contest stopped and Nicole stood up. Who could be here right now? She turned to L who looked a bit panicked. She mouthed to him to stay in her room until she comes back and hide if one of the maids comes in. He nodded and sat on her couch. She went out of her room and went downstairs to see none other than Infinite in her living room. They were all standing waiting for her. She turned her head and saw her bodyguards near the kitchen door and in the hallways. She shook her head and went towards the group of boys.

“Hey guys. What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school?” She said curiously. Sunggyu scoffed and smiled.

“What are YOU doing here? Shouldn’t you be in school?” He mocked her and tilted his head. Nicole gave him a playful glare and lightly slapped his arm.

“I had some……business to take care of.” She lied. They believed her and Sungjong just sighed. He had worried and sad all over his face. She went over to him.

“What’s wrong Jongie?” She called him by the nickname she gave him. He only allowed her to call him that. He looked at her.

“Noona, we’re so worried about L hyung. We called him today and all we got was that he was at his friend’s house. Who else does he have other than us?!” Sungjong was close to crying and Nicole quickly hugged him. She his head as he started crying in her shoulder.

“Shhh. He’s okay Sungjong. He called me after he talked to you guys and told me to tell you that you’ll see him tomorrow. He’s not gone forever.” Nicole said. Sungjong soon started to stop crying and looked at her with huge hopeful eyes.

“Really? Okay then, I believe you.” Sungjong wiped his tears and smiled a bit at her. She smiled back and looked at the rest of the Infinite.

“So, now that that’s over, you guys can go now. Bye bye, see you tomorrow.” She tried pushing them out of the house but they resisted. Woohyun came up to her and put his arm around her shoulder, smiling at her with his winning smile.

“Yah Nicole, since we came all the way here, shouldn’t you show us your room. I always wondered what it looked like, what you do, how you dress.” He winked at her and Nicole put on a grossed out face. She shoved him away.

“No way am I showing a ert my room. Now go.” She tried to push them away but instead Sungyeol and Dongwoo grabbed her arms and lifted her. Nicole started kicking her legs, telling them to let her go. Instead, they all ran towards her room.

“You can’t go in my room! It’s private!” She yelled. They didn’t listen and barged in. Dongwoo and Sungyeol let her down and went straight on her bed. Sunggyu, Sungjong and Hoya sat on her couch and looked started watching Tv. Woohyun was going in her closet.

“Woohyun, get away from my closet! You three get your feet off my coffee table! And you two, off my bed now!” She told them. She sighed and wondered what the hell happened to L. She saw the bathroom door closed and supposed he was in there. She saw Woohyun heading towards it and ran in front of him, blocking the way.

“Don’t worry, I’m not trying to do anything weird, I really need to use the bathroom.” He tried to go around her but she got in his way again. He groaned.

“Please, I have to pee woman!” She hesitated.

“You don’t want to use my bathroom. I left my lady products out. You’ll feel uncomfortable in there.” She lied. He rolled his eyes.

“I’ve seen many girls before. Some worse than the others. Pads and waxing strips are nothing to me. Now, move.” He pushed her out of the way and went inside the bathroom. She bit her lip and waited for him to come out. After a minute he did. She raised her eyebrow. If L wasn’t in there, where was he hiding?  Woohyun looked at her.

“I don’t know what the hell you were so worried about.” He said and went to go sit on the couch with the others. I looked in the bathroom and saw no sign of L anywhere. Where could he be? I walked out of the bathroom and saw Infinite grouped together, looking at something. I cleared my throat to catch their attention. They looked at me with curious eyes. I froze. Do they know something?

“Nicole, why do you have L’s phone on your bed?”  Nicole saw the device being held firmly in Sungyeol’s hand.

‘How the hell am I going to explain this?’ She thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Where's L? Is Nicole going to be able to explain the phone? And will L and Nicole ever confess? Who knows?! Oh right, I do. Here's the new chapter. It took me a long time just to think of what to write and it came out kind of short but I'll try to write longer chapters. Hopefully you guys will like this one. The next will be better. I'll try to update faster even though I made promises earlier and failed to keep them. Sorry but being a tenth grader is hard. I'll write faster to deliver you more chapters. Make sure to leave a comment. Annyeong!