They Meet Again, She's Still Not Ready

Who Is He? (Currently Rewriting)

Infinite looked up at the ceiling as they heard a thud coming from upstairs. Sunggyu and Hoya looked at each other with confused expressions. Sungjong kinda started shaking as he fearfully looked at the ceiling.

"I-Is that a ghost?" Sungyeol looked at him with a 'are-you-that-stupid' look. He hit the younger one on the back of his head. Sungjong held his head and looked at his hyung with wide eyes.

"No need to do that hyung!" Sungyeol just shook his head and ate a cookie off the tray. Luhan came running down the stair with his hair all disheveled and his shirt torn at the collar. The Infinite members looked at him.

"What happened to you?" Luhan shook his head and waved his hand dissmissively.

"Nothing. Just....just nothing. Follow me, I'll show you to the dining room. Food will be served soon. The seven stood up and foolowed him to the dining room. Luhan made sure there was an empty seat between him and L. There was nothing but an awkward silence thoughout them. Sungjong thought that maybe they should make small talk with the host.

"So hyung, you and Hanna are cousins." Luhan looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, my parents met in China when my dad was there for a meeting with the Chinese department." He explained. Sungjong nodded in unerstandment.

"From what I hear, you have a gang of your own, apart your family's." Sunggyu stated. Luhan grinned,

"You are correct. Exo is the gang's name." Infinite became surprised. Exo hasn't been around long but they were becoming powerful in such a short time though. Soon they'll be on the same level as Infinite. But hearng that Luhan is apart of them, they have probably surpassed Infinite's power.

"Exo? THE Exo? The one gang that has six members in Korea and six in China?" Dongwoo asked. Luhan chuckled at his reaction and nodded. Woohyun slumped back in his seat as he tried to process what he was hearing. Sungyeol ran up to Luhan and bowed in front of him.

"I can't believe that I'm in the presence of someone whose so worthy. I respect you guys so much. I might even like you even more than Sunggyu hyung!"

"YAH!" Sunggyuglared at the boy who was still in a bowing position. Luhan laughed and looked at Sungyeol.

"Okay, Okay. You can get up now." Sungyeol stood up, bowed once more and returned to his seat.

"But wait, is it true that the Korean members are in hiding? After the shipping incident that happened two months ago. No one had heard or has seen them since that day." Sunggyu stated. Luhan smirked and looked at the leader.

"They're hiding alright. But when the time is right, they'll be back." He said calmly. Luhn directed his focus on L who has been one seat away and has said nothing at all.

"But when they do came back, I'm worried if one of them will start to court Nicole again." L snapped his head towards Luhan. Luhan innocently smiled and looked elsewhere.

"One of the members likes noona?" Sunjong asked. Luhan nodded.

"You've heard of the crazy member right? Chanyeol.."

chanyeol4.jpg

"The tall giant? He likes noona?" Sungjong asked surprised.

"Yep, and he never stopped either. Once he has his eyes on a target, he will never let that target get away." Luhan glanced back at L who looked like he wanted to murder someone.

'Like I'll let someone take her from me.' L said in his mind. He already lost once, but didn't want to lose her again. Even if there's competition involved this time. Luhan and Sunggyu chatted away, while the members held conversations among themselves. While they talked, they didn't take notice of someone's presence as she walked in. Luhan turned his head and saw Nicole standing at the entrance awkwardly. She changd herself into a pair of jean shorts and a simple graphic tee that was a little big on her. He noticed she even put time in her hair and make-up.

"It's about time you joined us. I thought you were dead or something. Come and sit." Luhan motoned to the only empty seat next to him. She started to walk towards the seat but froze when she saw that L was next to it also. She glared at Luhan who simply just smiled and motioned her to come forward. Nicole sighed and walked willingly to the seat. L looked down as he wasn't exactly ready to face her quite yet. Nicole too was extremely nervous to face him again. The members noticed the tense atmosphere. Woohyun cleared his throat.

"It's great to see you're doing well Nicole. When I heard what happened, I couldn't believe it." Nicole looked at him and gently smiled.

"It's okay. Whovever did it will be caught and I'll make sure to put them through worse pain."

"But noona, do you know who did it. From what I heard, it seems as if it was some type of warning from someone you might have dealt with." Nicole bit her lip as her anger came up when that person responsible for her injuries came up in her mind but she tried to not let it show. Luhan though, being her cousin, knew what was on her mind and decided to speak for her.

"We might have a motive on who the culprit might be but for now, we're letting some of our men working on the case." Sungjong nodded at the answer and decided to keep quiet. It got quiet again. Luhan didn't know what to say so he called the maids to bring out the food. They brought out different types of American foods like macaroni and chesse, American style hamburgers, buffalo wings with ranch and Nicole's favorite, chili cheese fries. Nicole almost drooled at all the delicious looking food in front of her but kept her cool and started to dig in. The rest followed in pursuit. L noticed that Nicole was struggling to get a burger since they were far from her seat and easily grabed one. He placed it on her plate and gave her a small smile. Nicole blushed and sniled back.

"Thanks." L couldn't help it but he just wanted to hug her tightly right then and there. But he knew he shouldn't force himslef on her. Especially since he knows her past now. The two kept looking at each other until someone let out a large burp and they broke contact. Everyone looked at the culprit who just ate like nothing happened.

"Get over it. Like you never burped before." Sungyeol said as he at a fry. Hoya slapped the back of his head.

"Ow hyung!!" Sungyeol rubbed the spot and pouted. 

"Learn to behave in someone else's house. Tsk." Hoya shook his head and went back to his food. Nicole happily munched on her burger. L glanced at her and smiled a little. 

'At least she's eating well.' As everyone ate, the phone went rang. One of the maids answered it. She nodded at the caller and put her hand on the mic. 

"Luhan sir, it's for you." Luhan excused himself and went to answer the phone. L's phone rang and he looked at caller ID. He groaned as he saw it was his father but answered it anyway. 

"Hello?"

"Did you make Soojung cry?" His father asked angrily. L rolled his eyes. 

"No. I haven't said anything to her ask day."

"I don't care, just make sure you treat her well." L just wanted to yell but couldn't. 

"Fine."

"By the way, don't forget next week is Minsoo's Inheritance Party. You can bring those immature idiots you call friends as well. But, bring Soojung as your date. Understand?" L clenched his fist.

"Whatever." Without warning, L hung up his phone. Everyone including Nicole looked at him worriedly. 

"L, what happened?" Sunggyu asked concerned. Without replying, L stood up and stormed out of the room.Sunggyu was about to go after him but Nicole beat him to it. She hopped after L who went outside and sat down on the porch steps. The poor guy put his head in his hands and sighed deeply. Why was his life such a mess? As he sat there with a blank mind, he felt someone putting an arm around his shoulders. He looked up and saw Nicole softly smiling at him.

"Whenever I was in a bad mood or something, my dad would do this and listen to me vent out whatever bothered me." She told him. L smiled and looked ahead of him. 

"Your dad must care for you a lot." Nicole smiled proudly and nodded. 

"He may be cold, heartless, and ruthless to the world but to me, he's the best dad ever. That's why I never not ashamed when I heard things about him because those are the only things people view him as. To me, he's just a guy who is doing a business he's best at and trying to be there for his daughter." Nicole stated. L felt a slight jealousy. He wished his father could do the same. 

"Well mine is different. He expects way too much from me. He thinks that because he is my father, he's my life's controller. I can't talk to him, I can't have any type of bond with him or at least have a decent conversation without it leading to yelling. All he cares about is my step brother Minsoo." L felt tears coming but held them back. Nicole frowned deeply. She felt terrible about bragging about her dad when he told her his story. If only she could help him out with that. L sighed and cleared his throat. He looked at her with a small smile. 

"Enough about that. I think we need to talk about something more important." Nicole was confused by his words. He grabbed her hands, causing her to blush. 

"O-oh. That....well....I don't know. What should we say? You confessed, I rejected, I regretted, and now we're here." His eyes sparkled when he heard her. 

"You regret it?" He asked her a bit happily. Nicole looked down and nodded. L restrained himself from hugging her. 

"So.....what does this mean?" Nicole pulled her hands vack and started to play with them.

"Well.....I don't know. I mean, I like you but I'm just not ready to call you mine and be in a relationship yet. You don't have to wait for me either. It's totally okay if you want to back out because I'm being difficult---" L pressed his lips on hers and pulled away. Nicole just blinked her eyes and didn't know what to say. 

"I can wait. As long as I know that you know that I really cherish you and your feelings are the same as mine....I'm okay. We'll take it one step at a time. Jagiya." Nicole blushed at the name and looked away again. 

"Who said anything about calling each other names? Didn't we just agree on taking things slowly?" Nicole looked at him with a playful glare. L just chuckled and pulled her into a hug. Nicole smiled and just hugged back knowing that he won't let her go that easily.  They stayed like that until they heard the door open and jumped from their position. Standing there was Luhan who had a small smirk in his face. 

"What are you two doing out here? Something inappropriate perhaps?" Nicole frowned at him. 

"Just go away Luhan. We don't need an ugly appearance from you." Luhan feigned hurt and put his hand over his heart. 

"Well then......." Luhan strode back in the house leaving them alone again. Nicole looked at L. 

"We should probably go back inside before they think of something gross." L smiled once more and nodded. He helped her up and tightly positioned his arm around her waist to keep her from falling. Before they went inside L stopped at the door. Nicole looked at him puzzled.

"What's wrong?" L looked at her with a blank face. Nicole didn't know what was wrong until

*MUAH!*

He kissed her once more. Nicole blushed furiously and smacked him on the chest making him laugh. 

"Stop doing that!"

"Stop being so shy!"

"Kim Myungsoo!"

"Jagiya!"

"Stop calling me that!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So I haven't updated in months and I am so deeply sorry. Junior year has been keeping me busy, I sort of didn't know what to write for this chapter until now and I had other stories to focus on. I just suddenly thought of how to finish this chapter and I'm using my phone to type it. It's half past midnight right now. Hopefully I will update soon. Spring break is coming so I have a week to make it up to you guys. Leave a comment to let me know what you think. Also, welcome new subscribers.