Chapter 40

Like Strangers

 

 

"Where's Ahn Jaehyo?" Jinyoung asked.

______ shrugged.

"No clue. Oppa is probably sleep-walking...Or sleeping under a bookshelf in the library."

"Huh? You're joking?"

He stared at her face, trying to figure out if she was kidding or not.

"Aniya." she said with a straight face. "Last night he fell asleep sprawled across his desk, on top of his text books."

"Interesting... So why aren't you with his friends?" he asked.

______ smiled.

"Wae?! Are you trying to get rid of me?”

“ANIYA!!!~” he shouted. “Ani. Being up here with you brings back memories.”

Her smile got bigger.

‘I know right?! We spent a lot of time up here, just the two of us.”

“When we could get away from the guys.” He chuckled. “Channie used to cling to you like you’re his second Umma or something.”

“That’s because I always was like his second Umma.” She laughed. “I’ve known him for a long time. He was only a tiny squishy thing.”

“Aww…soon we’ll have to give him away at his wedding!” Jinyoung sighed. “I can see it now. Everything would be white. How can you avoid getting things stained?! He’s a ball of hyperness that wants to marry a girl with a bunny face.

“Imagine...his pockets will be filled with little candies so he’ll be all hopped up on sugar.”

“Oh the havoc. That will make more stains. ”

“Such an old man!” ______ teased. “Gosh! You know, I thought think we did much talking up here before.”

Jinyoung cleared his throat and blushed.

“What?”

“ert! I meant playing the guitar.”

“Sure you did.” He chuckled.

“Yeah, I don’t know if I remember how to play the guitar anymore.”

“All my hard work, for nothing? Aigoo!!! Waste of my precious time. Who am I kidding…I have no life. It’s sad.”

“Yeah…” she nodded in agreement.

“Mhm…Wait…Yah, there WAS talking involved with the guitar lessons.”

______ shook her head in protest.

“Aniya, I don’t think there was. It was all skinship.” She giggled.

Jinyoung thought back and nodded.

“Aah, you’re right. You didn’t listen to me, so I had to show you how to do everything.” He laughed. “Yah, you never answered my question. Why are you here instead of with Ahn Jaehyo’s friends?”

“Hmm…I love those derpy, hep hap trolls...but...I'm tired from studying. I don’t have enough energy for them. I wanted to relax a little bit.”

Jinyoung nodded.

"Aah, I get it! That's why you come up to a high place, like the roof. In case you fall asleep, suddenly.  You can be close to the edge. No, I understand, it's not dangerous AT ALL!~ You'll only fall a few stories, then the concrete will break your fall, after you hit the trees? There’s a huge one, with lots of branches.”

"Okay, I get it I'm clumsy." she mumbled.

-Noona, is Jaehyo Hyung dead?- A text coming from Gongchan read.

"MWO?"

He sent her a picture of Jaehyo asleep in the library.

-He looks dead to me!~ No…wait…HE’S BREATHING!!~-

“I love Gong Chansik.” She giggled. “He never changes.”

She got a video call from Gongchan.

“Noona, Jaehyo Hyung really looks dead.” He whispered.

“That’s okay. Leave it alone. Yes, I did say ‘It’.” She giggled. “Channie, should you be doing that in the Library?”

“I’m being careful. I’m hiding under a table.”

“That sounds like when little kids build a fort with couches, chairs, pillows, and a bunch of blankets.” Jinyoung laughed.

“It does. It sounds very Gongchan-ish, right?”

“Ne.”

Gongchan narrowed.

“Noona...that sounded like Jinyoungie Hyung. NO CHEATING!”

“SHHHHHHHHH!~” the people around him shushed him.

“Oops…sorry. No cheating…” He whispered. “Or…you can have two boyfriends and start hanging out with us again.”

“Channie!” she scolded.

“I was kidding.”

“Chansik, you’re talking too loud.” Jaehyo mumbled. “I’m trying to sleep. Nitey…”

______ rolled her eyes.

“Such a weird Hyung.”

“I warned you.”

“Ara.” He said, squirming out from under the table. “I just saw the other Hyungs, so are you and Jinyoungie Hyung alone? Is that legal?! Stealing is illegal!!”

“Channie, it would just be called, ‘snatching back’ and that is perfectly legally.”

“NUH UH, HYUNG! YAH, Noona! NO CHEATING!~”

“SHHHH!”

“Oh…jwesonghamnida!” Gongchan bowed and quickly walked out of the library.

When ______ walked into the library , she saw Jaehyo asleep on the couch.

"Aww...my Derptastic Oppa." she giggled. "You Babo, do you want to get ?"

"Is that an offer?"

"I meant by the fan girls who are hiding in the stacks taking candid pictures of you with their smart phones."

"Oh! Was I drooling?!"

______ narrowed her eyes at him.

"I should let you get ."

She turned to leave.

"%^@&$!!!!!" he whined reaching for her.

"You make the weirdest noises. I don't understand your language!" she giggled. "Your brain must still be mushy."

He sat up, rubbing his tired eyes.

"How did you know I was asleep here?"

"Channie."

"Oh...I thought he was making noise. Where were you?"

"Don’t freak out." she said softly.

Jaehyo looked at her weirdly.

"Why would I freak out? Were you doing something bad?" he asked. "You didn't cheat in me, right?"

______ rolled her eyes.

"Did you hear Channie?"

"Aniya, but said not to freak out. You weren't making out with Bark Soohyun, were you?!"

Her eyes widened and she made gagging sounds.

"UGH!! No way! One kiss was enough. In fact, it was MORE than enough. Wait...did you say 'Bark' Soohyun?"

Jaehyo nodded.

"He's a female dog. I'd say the word that I want to...but every time I try, there's a teacher around. Watch me try, and then I get detention on the last day of school."

"Oh lucky you!" she teased.

“I’m a good boy. I have NEVER gotten detention…in my life.”

“You’ve come close though. You ALWAYS liked to play with video games in class.”

“I kept my grades up though, so isn’t that what truly counts?”

“I guess so.” She giggled.

______ looked over at her boyfriend.

His head was bobbing as his drifted back to sleep.

“Zzzzzz…..”

“WHOA?! What?!”

He got shivers down his spin and his whole body shook.

 She stifled a laugh.

“Wake up!” she snickered.

“Did you blow in my ear?”

“I could have bit your ear…” She teased, “…but that would be PDA and we don’t do that. Come on, you don’t want to be on time for your last exam. That would be a crime.”

“I need a double shot espresso after school.” He mumbled. “Maybe two.”

“Ara.” She giggled.

______ grabbed his hand and lead him out of the library.

They immediately could hear a couple arguing, very loudly.

“Aah, someone is screaming.” Jaehyo complained. “What the heck? Can’t they see that I’m crabby and half asleep?”

“AISH! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE…SO DAMN CLINGY?!” The guys growled.

“Uh oh…it sounds like a break up is happening. Maybe they want to start off their next school year single.”

______ listened closely.

The guy’s voice sounded familiar.

“Oppa, doesn’t it sound like Baek Soohyun to you?”

Jaehyo shrugged.

“I don’t know, it sounds like screeching.”

“I AM NOT!!!” The girl shouted.

“That was DEFINTELY Naeun though.” He chuckled. “We all know her voice. Let’s just go. Let them handle their own drama.”

“Yah, Son Naeun, don’t you realize that you aren’t my type?!” Soohyun snapped.

“Why not? I like you! Why the hell can’t you return my feelings?!” Naeun snapped back at him.

“Q-Tips are cheap…BUY SOME. That way, I won’t have to repeat myself! I told you that you aren’t my type!!! You knew that from the beginning…”

“But…” her voice shook.

‘She’s on the verge of tears…’ ______ thought. “Oppa, she sounds like she’s going to cry.”

Jaehyo raised his brow at her.

“Why does it matter to you? After all the hell she put us through, and all the tears she caused you to shed…you still feel compassion for her?”

______ frowned.

“You’re right…”

“I told you, FROM THE START, that we aren’t permanent! YOU are the babo that let your feelings get involved! It’s your own fault.”

Naeun shook her head frantically.

“ANDWAE! That’s how relationships are, isn’t it?! In relationships, feelings develop!!!”

“Not always.” Soohyun answered coldly. “You knew that you weren’t supposed to get attached! THIS was not a relationship. THIS, right here, was merely a ‘substitute’ relationship to kill our loneliness.”

Naeun scoffed.

“LONELINESS?! When are YOU ever lonely?! You have COUNTLESS girls to kill your loneliness.”

Soohyun shrugged.

“What can I say? I’m not one to be tamed. You’d never be the girl for me. That is that. MOVE THE EFF ON!”

“Don’t go!” Naeun whimpered. “Please…”

She grabbed onto his arm.

“Quit clinging!”

Soohyun pulled his arm away and the girl fell down from the force.

______ gasped and ran over.

“Naeun-ah, gwenchana?!” she asked.

She couldn’t just stand around and watch from a far.

Despite what Naeun had done to her, in the past, she still cared for the girl.

It was instinct.

“Unnie?”

Jaehyo sighed.

He wasn’t surprised by ______’s actions.

“Of course.” He mumbled. “You’re about to whip out that mini first-aid kit, aren’t you?”

“Ani, you can’t put a Band-Aid over a broken heart. Don’t be such a poop!”

“I hold a grudge.” He let out a long yawn and stretched his arms.

______ helped Naeun to her feet.

“Unnie…waeyo?” the younger girl sniffled. “Why are you being so nice to me?”

“I AM nice.” ______ stated simply. “I’m just a nice person. I don’t like leaving someone, who is in need, all by herself. I’m not that kind of person.”

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________   

 

Awww...Sleepy-head Jaehyo...hehe. I want one...NOW!

I FINALLY updated after...like...80 GAZILLION YEARS OF WRITERS BLOCK!! (Actually just a month...but yeah....haha)

Jaehyo-ya, do a happy dance for me!! ♥

O_o Too y...

...Too...'Naeun-ish'... >_< Lets have Woo Jiho judge for us, shall we?

Nope...haha NEXT!~

I'LL TAKE IT! ♫ Lovey Dovey, Dovey! Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh!~~ ♫
 

*Celebratory Bubbles*

Plus, more of this strange boy to make up for ONE WHOLE MONTH of..nothing!!!~ O_o

*bouncy bouncy*