Chapter 30

Like Strangers

 

 

 

 

 

On Monday, in school, ______ saw Jinyoung talking to Naeun.

She took a deep breath and walked over.

"Are you best friends now?"

"Oh, ______ Unnie!"

"Naeun, how is Soohyun?!"

"Why?"

"Well...he's your boyfriend."

"He has basketball practice."

______ just ignored her, and turned to Jinyoung.

"Jinyoung, can we talk?"

He stared at her.

"About what? What do we have to talk about?" he asked.

"Please?"

He looked at her and, instantly, gave in.

"Fine, what is it?" he asked.

______ looked at Naeun.

"What, I can't stay?" she pouted.

"You've done enough..."

"Fine..." she said and walked off.

"Go ahead, talk."

"We should, both, apologize here." ______ said. "We need closure."

"Apologize? What do I need to apologize for?!" Jinyoung snapped.

"Are you kidding me, right now?!" she snapped back. "You didn't trust me!"

"I did trust you, and I was a fool for doing so."

"No, you were a fool for NOT trusting me. You just believed Son Naeun, so easily."

Jinyoung just shrugged it off.

"Well, you got over our breakup pretty fast."

"I did not!!" she cried.

"You were joking around, with Ahn Jaehyo, instantly."

______ glared at him.

"Jinyoung...I was in love with you. It may be too late to tell you, since we already broke up, but I mean it."

“Am I supposed to believe you?”

“Why not? You believed ‘her’, pretty easily. YES, I wanted to get over my feelings for him, but that is NOT why I dated you.” She said with a frown. “I dated you, because of how much I liked you. I just… don’t get it…”

Jinyoung looked at her.

“What? You don’t get what?”

“If you loved me, like you said that you did, why did you believe her so easily?”

He let out a sigh and ruffled up his hair.

“I didn’t…”

“Yes, you did! You believed her, without even coming to me. So we could set it straight!”

“______-ah, I was NEVER insecure, about our relationship. I was confident that you loved me to, just as much as I loved you.”

“I did. I, really, did love you.”

“Then, why couldn’t you just be honest with me? Why couldn’t you be honest about your feelings?”

“I was afraid…” she mumbled.

“You, Seo ______, are the one and only girl that I have ever loved.”

"What?!...."

"It's only you. I didn't, ever, have thoughts of you and him together. Well, not romantic ones, at least. I thought that there was nothing, besides friendship, between the two of you."

"Jinyoungie..."

"You know, I was curious as to why Jaehyo-ssi didn't want me to talk to Naeun. She, really, doesn't look so evil."

"Is that why you believed her lies about me?"

"Are they lies?"

He looked at her eyes.

"Well, they aren't, one-hundred percent, truthful."

"Then, tell me the truth. Tell me, what really happened..."

______ looked at him.

"Are you willing to listen to me?"

Jinyoung nodded.

"I want the truth." he said, softly.

______ spent some time explaining everything to him, starting from the beginning.

He just stared and nodded, as he took it all in.

She sighed.

"Jinyoungie, maybe, you don't believe what I'm saying, but don't think that I never loved you."

'______-ah...'

Jinyoung's heart hurt, when he realized that HE had just ruined their relationship.

"NOONA!!!!~" Gongchan squealed, running over with the rest of B1A4 to give her a huge hug.

"______ Noona, we've missed you, so much." Baro said.

"Aww...I missed you guys too." she said. 'I really miss them...'

"______-ah, are you and Jinyoungie..." CNU began.

______ looked at him, and shook her head.

"Are we getting back together? No, Dongwoo-ya, Jinyoungie and I are over. We can't get back together." she frowned. "Um...well...it was, really, great to see you guys, but I have to go."

"But, Noona, we didn't even get to spend time with you." Sandeul pouted.

"Sorry, Junghwannie."

"Awww...Noona, you're not going to stay and hang out, for a bit?" the maknae asked.

"Sorry Channie, I can't, but I'll call you." she said, walking off.

Jinyoung let out a sigh.

"I screwed up..."

"YOU THINK?!?!" the members snapped in unison.

"Yah, Jung Jinyoung, didn't Ahn Jaehyo-ssi warn you about that girl?"

"She looked innocent enough!~" Jinyoung exclaimed, in his own defense.

"Hyung, just because someone looks a certain way, it doesn't mean that's how she is." Baro said.

"That's how the guilty ones get away with their crimes..." Sandeul said.

"Yeah Hyung, if we went by looks, our group would be dressed as animals. A bear, and arctic fox, a duck, a hamster, and a puppy." The maknae added cutely.

"Our, cute, Channie..." the Hyungs chuckled.

"I'm just saying, Jinyoungie Hyung, maybe you should apologize to Jaehyo Hyung. I mean, for punching him...and stuff. I saw it happen."

As if on cue, Jaehyo walked by.

He had just left basketball practice, and stretched, letting outran yawn.

"Jaehyo Hyung!~" Gongchan shouted. "Annyeonghaseyo!~"

The older man turned around.

"Oh, Channie, Annyeonghaseyo!!~" he bowed.

The two rivals, briefly and awkwardly, made eye contact and bowed to each other.

"Oh, are you on the basketball team?" CNU asked.

"Mhm..." Jaehyo nodded in response. "It was just a, quick, meeting and practice session."

"When is the first game?" Sandeul asked.

"It's on Friday."

"Oh yeah, Jinyoung Hyung, didn't you try out for the basketball team, this year?" Baro asked.

Jaehyo and Jinyoung looked at each other.

"Yep, I did."

"Yep, he did."

"What happened?" B1A4 asked.

"It became...dodge ball." Jaehyo told them.

"WHAT?!" they all shouted.

"Yeah...um...sorry about that." Jinyoung chuckled nervously.

 

-------------Flashback---------------------

 

Jinyoung went to the basketball tryout to try to get a spot on the team.

Jaehyo, the team captain, was there to help with the judging of potential teammates.

They had gone through dozens of candidates, but many of them were already eliminated.

"Hmm...he's good looking, and tall." Soohyun said.

"Who?"

"This guy, you idiot, Jung Jinyoung."

"Jung Jinyoung?!?" Jaehyo repeated.

His head snapped in Jinyoung's direction.

"Didn't I just say that?" Soohyun spat. "Aren't you supposed to be smart? What does Seo ______ see in you?! I'd be better for her."

Jaehyo glared at him.

"Obviously you're not..."

"Aish, whatever. I'm too tired. You two, are about the same size, why don't you go one on one with him?"

Soohyun yawned from boredom.

"What? You lazy ..." Jaehyo muttered.

"Just go!"

“I’d rather go and shove you off the edge of a cliff…” Jaehyo added, louder than before.

“YAH, AHN JAEHYO, I HEARD THAT!” Soohyun snapped.

“You were meant to!~~ That’s why I said it out loud!~” Jaehyo said in a sing-song voice. ‘Aigoo, he and Naeun, are so damn annoying. They belong together….’

“Oh, yeah, I might as well look through your phone and sent some dirty text messages to Seo ______.”

“If you want me to shove this basketball somewhere…go right ahead…” Jaehyo warned, grabbing a basketball from the rack. “Anyway…”

He walked over to Jinyoung.

“You?” Jinyoung sighed. “I have to try out with…you?”

“Well, I am the Captain

They began their one on one game, but in a matter of minutes, Jaehyo found himself dodging all the balls that came flying towards his face, and lower regions.

He caught every single one, with ease, to avoid injury.

"WHOA!!~ Hahaha!~" Soohyun laughed, laying on his back, on the bleachers. "Jaehyo, he's trying to take away your ability to get pregnant. That was daebak!!!!! But, you made ZERO baskets, in the last twenty minutes, so you failed. NEXT!!!~"

After tryouts, Jaehyo went eat with ______ and the guys.

"Oppa, you're so sweaty, what happened?" ______ asked.

"I think your ex-boyfriend has it out for me. He has 'annihilate Ahn Jaehyo' at the top of his hit list. With, at least, ten underlines." Jaehyo sighed, taking a sip of his drink.

______ gave him a weird look.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"He tried to MURDER me, by beaming me with the ball. THAT is what I mean!"

"Were you playing dodge ball, Hyung?" Kyung asked.

"What?! No, I'm on the basketball team, not the dodge ball team!" Jaehyo shouted. "Is there even a dodge ball team? Aigoo, quit distracting me from my story. We were playing, BASKETBALL, one on one."

"Oppa, I thought, you're supposed to shoot the ball into the net, not at a person!~" ______ teased.

Jaehyo sighed.

"Haha, Noona, maybe he thought, Jaehyo Hyung was the basket?" Zico laughed.

"Yeah, Jaehyo Hyung is tall, that could be it." U-Kwon said, with his usual smile.

"If Jaehyo wore, some type of, a woven, straw hat...upside down." Taeil chimed in.

Everyone laughed.

Jaehyo face-palmed.

"What a bunch of trolls..." he mumbled. "Whatever, he's just got it out for m, OKAY?!"

He rested his forehead on table.

 

------End of Flashback-------------

 

"Trolls..." Jaehyo sighed.

"Huh?" Jinyoung asked. "What did you say?"

"Oh...nothing..."

"Anyway, I'm sorry..."

"Sorry?" the older man asked, confused.

"Mhm...I'm sorry, about THAT, and giving you a black eye."

Jaehyo smiled and shook his head.

"Oh well, it's all in the past. That doesn't matter now."

'He's so understanding. No wonder ______ loves him. He's not a bad guy, at all.' Jinyoung thought. "Oh...um...______ talked to me."

Jaehyo just nodded.

"Oh, she did? Just know, Seo ______ is TERRIBLE at lying." he chuckled. "So....whatever she told you, it's the truth."

"I should've listened to you..." Jinyoung said softly.

His voice was full of regret.

“Nah, you just shouldn’t have listened to Naeun.” Jaehyo joked. “She looks innocent. Believe me, I thought that she was, but I realized that Seo ______ doesn’t lie. Her heart is big and she doesn’t hate people. She doesn’t dislike people, without a good reason.”

‘He knows her, so much, better than I thought I did.’ Jinyoung thought. “You were trying to protect her,  from getting hurt, and I was THE WORST boyfriend.”

“No, you weren’t ‘THE WORST’ boyfriend.”

Jaehyo chuckled, earning a confused look from Jinyoung.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, the ‘evil’ girl, her boyfriend is the worst. He’s got you beat on that one.”

“OH, she actually said something truthful?!” Jinyoung said, in an overly dramatic tone.

“Hard to believe right? Well…I have to get to class.” Jaehyo said, pulling out his phone to check the time.

“Yah…Jaehyo-ssi?” Jinyoung muttered.

“Hmm?”

“I know that I screwed up, with ______. I had my chance and I messed it up. You, on the other hand, got your chance taken from you before you got close. Just umm…please don’t get all mushy yet. It’s still a fresh wound.” The leader said, putting a hand over his heart.

Jaehyo looked at the younger man, and patted his back.

“Listen, Seo ______ means a lot to me. I know that she means a lot to you too. You mean a lot to her, and she would never want to see you hurt. She doesn’t like seeing ANYONE hurt. She either, tries her best to prevent it, or she tries to help heal them up, faster.”

“First aid kit…” Jinyoung chuckled.

“First aid kit!~” Jaehyo nodded in agreement. “I’ll see you around.”

They bowed to each other and Jaehyo went off, in another direction.

“Wow, Hyungs just got along!~” Gongchan squealed happily. “DAEBAK!~”

“I figured…it’s the right thing to do. Now, I know that ______ didn’t tell me, because she loved me, like I love her. I think…Jaehyo-ssi, knows her better, and he can take better care of her. After what I accused her off, she deserves better.”

“Aww…our little leader is all grown up!~” CNU said, patting his hair. “Good Jinyoungie.”

 

 

____________________________________________________

YAY!~ Jinyoung knows the truth!~

Him and Jaehyo are getting along now too!~ ♥♥