Chapter 28

Like Strangers

 

 

A month had gone by since the break up, and ______ was just starting to calm down.

Naeun had this satisfied look on her face, every time she saw ______.

“Did you see that? She’s happy that you’re hurting.” Jaehyo growled. “That stupid little cu-…”

“YAH!” ______ stopped him, when a teacher walked passed them.

“Cauliflower…” he corrected. “That stupid little cauliflower.”

“I hate cauliflower.” She  giggled.

“Exactly, you hate cauliflower, but you love broccoli. It’s just like an albino broccoli, but it doesn’t taste like broccoli. What the heck?! It’s trying to fool us into thinking that it’s something that it’s not. If you judge by the outer appearance, you’d never know what it truly is.” Jaehyo said. “Am I right?!”

He looked at the guys who were laughing their asses off.

“Haha, nice save, Hyung.” P.O. said, giving him a high-five.

“You know, that actually fits with both, Son Naeun, and actual cauliflower.” Kyung chuckled.

“Jaehyo Hyung, that…was so daebak.” Zico laughed.

"Well comedy is one way of getting over a break up." she giggled.

Jaehyo nodded.

Jinyoung was sitting at the lunch table with B1A4, staring angrily across the campus at Jaehyo and ______.

"I can’t believe them!" he growled. "How could she flirt with him, as if nothing happened between us?! Did I, really, mean nothing to her?  The relationship was a lie."

Gongchan pouted and whined.

"Hyung!!!~ I miss ______ Noona!" he sniffled.

"I can’t believe you broke up with her over something you heard from some random girl!" CNU said angrily.

"Me neither!" Baro sighed.

"Jinyoung Hyung, don’t you think you acted too drastically?" Gongchan asked.

"I agree with the maknae." Sandeul said. "You just broke up with Noona without letting her explain."

"There's no explanation needed. She loves him, not Me." the leader snapped and nodded his head in their direction. "Just look at them!!! They don't even remember that I exist."

"That's not true!" Gongchan whimpered. "Noona does think about you!"

"Well, she has a funny way of showing it."

"Did you expect her to wallow in self-pity and curl up in a fetal position on the floor listening to emo music?"

Jinyoung's head snapped in CNU's direction.

"That's why she was on the roof that day?! The day we met, she was thinking about Ahn Jaehyo? She was depressed over him. She does love him more than me."

"Jaehyo Hyung has always been in her life, since we were kids. I don't think she would give him up just like that."

"Not even for me? She didn't even consider it."

"Do you want her to hate you? What do you think ______ Noona would have said, Hyung, if you asked her to give up her best friend and choose you?"

"I...I don't know."

The school bell rang, interrupting their conversation.

“Uh oh, Jinyoung Hyung, isn’t this the class that you have with ______ Noona and Jaehyo Hyung?”

"She sits with him now." Jinyoung said. "I swear that was her motive, from the start."

'I don’t think so...' Gongchan thought. '______ Noona and Jaehyo Hyung have never been bad people. Who is telling Jinyoung Hyung these lies?'

Jaehyo walked into class and saw Jinyoung there.

He said nothing, and took his seat.

"Are you happy now?" Jinyoung asked from behind him.

Jaehyo whipped his head around to glare at him.

"What did you say?!" he growled.

"I know that you heard me, home wrecker."

"No, I believe you are mistaken. You're calling ME a home wrecker?"

"Well, if the shoe fits..."

"Hmm...It doesn't fit. I tried the shoe on and it doesn't fit. It's probably just your size."

"What the hell are you getting at?" Jinyoung snapped.

"I'm saying that you should take a look in the mirror. You'll see, EXACTLY, who it was that messed up your relationship with ______" Jaehyo sighed, in a bored tone.

______ walked in the door and saw them talking.

She ignored it, sat down at a desk and started to copy notes off of the board.

“JAEHYO OPPA!!!!!!~” a few of his fan girls squealed, running into the room.

Jaehyo stood up and rushed to sit in the empty seat next to ______ that was already blocked by other students, so they couldn’t sit next to him.

______ stifled a laugh and turned to look at him.

“What a derp!” she teased, laughing at him. “You practically flew over here.”

“They scare me…” he whispered.

“That’s because you’re such a wimp.” She giggled.

“Yah, I don’t want to be attacked. They look like they want to me, okay?”

“Oh yeah, you’re a so manly!~” ______ said sarcastically, rolling her eyes. “Aigoo, Oppa!~”

She covered to stifle a giggle.

 “I’m a and I don’t want that to be taken away by some psycho! I wanted it to be with someone that I love.” Jaehyo coughed to cut himself off, his cheeks turning red.

 Jinyoung watched them, in jealousy.

‘There she goes! Seo ______ is, absolutely, fine with our break up.’ He thought. ‘She’s, over there, giggling with HIM, as if we never happened.’

“Oppa…you’re too cute.” ______ said.

“I know.” He said with a smug grin.

“Aigoo, weirdo!~” She opened his book and put a pen in his hand. “Now, get to work!~”

“YAH, that’s MY line!~” Jaehyo said. “I’m usually the one scolding you and telling you to do your work.”

“Aish…you talk too much! Hush, and copy those notes!” She teased, trying to imitate his voice.

“Aigoo, okay, okay!” Jaehyo whined and started to write down the notes on the board.

______ looked over at Jinyoung, and their eyes met for a moment.

To her, Jung Jinyoung was a fresh wound in her heart.

When classes finished, Jinyoung walked right out, while Jaehyo and ______ gathered up their belongings.

______ let out a sigh and picked up her notebook.

“Why does this feel like déjà vu, only worse?” she muttered under her breath.

Jaehyo heard, and looked up at her.

“Déjà vu?” he asked.

She nodded.

“It does feel like déjà vu. This is so familiar to me.” She said, her voice a bit shaky.

"Shhh...I hate seeing you cry. I don't like it, when you're hurting." Jaehyo told her.

“I’m not going to cry, Oppa. I’m okay, I promise. Now, go to class!” ______ said, pushing Jaehyo in the direction of his next class. “You don’t want to be late!”

“Yah.” He scolded. “You are just stealing all of MY lines today.”

“You’re too slow…that’s why.” She giggled. “Get moving and don’t get attacked in your next class, by your Stans, okay?”

Jaehyo narrowed his eyes to glare at her.

“Watch it, Missy!~” he said, pointing a finger at her to emphasize his warning.

 “Bye, Derptastic Oppa!~” ______ smiled and walked off, towards her next class.

Jaehyo sighed and put a hand over his heart, which had just skipped a beat, then began to race like galloping horses.

‘Why does she have to be so cute?!’ he thought, as he released a breath he didn’t realize he was holding.

“She still gets you like this?” A female voice asked, from behind him.

Jaehyo just ignored her and kept walking forward.

Stupid Cauliflower.” He muttered.

“Cauliflower? Yah, Oppa, wait up!!!~~” Naeun shouted after him, and linked her arm with his.

“Back the hell off of me!” he growled, shoving her away, roughly. “What the hell is with you?! Why are you so interested in making ______’s life hell?! Are you happy now, since she’s not?”

Naeun looked up at him, with that ‘innocent’ look.

“What do you mean, Oppa? Shouldn’t you be happy?! ______ Unnie is single now, and you can have her.”

Jaehyo clenched his fists.

“I’d be happier if she was happy. What’s the point of this?!”

Naeun shrugged.

“I thought, if I helped to get rid of him, you could have her.” she told him.

“You are psycho.” He snapped. “You ruined her relationship!”

“Honestly? Do you think he truly loved her?” Naeun said staring at her nail.

“Stupid cu-Cauliflower.” He edited his language, once again, when a teacher walked by. ‘Seriously, every time I want to snap and not hold back on my language, especially, about this girl, a teacher walks by?! Am I not meant to be mean?!’

“I mean, it didn’t take much, for me, to turn him against her.”

He continued on, towards his class, and didn’t turn back to reply to Naeun.

After school, Jaehyo was sitting in the tree house with ______.

“Am I not allowed to be rude and snap at people?! I want to swear and cuss her out!” Jaehyo, randomly, screamed.

______ looked up and him, confused.

“Oppa, what are you talking about?” she giggled.

“I ran into Naeun, earlier, and she said that I should be happy that you and Jinyoung-ssi are broken up. How the hell could I be happy, if you’re not?” he asked.

______’s face turned serious and she looked at him.

“What?”

“You are, pretty much, everything, to me.” He said. “If you’re not happy, there’s no way that I can be. Every time I see Jung Jinyoung, I kind of want to punch him in the face. The idiot needs to realize what he did. If you want him back, I could help you to explain to him."

"Why the hell would I want, Jung Jinyoung back?! He believed Son Naeun and wouldn't even listen to me. I never had a change to explain to him, the truth.

 Jaehyo chuckled.

"Yeah, it's pretty stupid." he said. "I know how I felt, when I realized how stupid I had been."

"Yeah, but there's a difference, she wasn't spreading those rumors to you, was she?!"

He shook his head.

"Even if she did, I wouldn't believe it. All she told me, was this was the kind of guy you want." he said motioning to himself. "It seems like she has gotten better."

"Better?!" she snapped.

"No, I mean, better, as in the way she's gotten better at being worse. If that makes any sense, at all…”

"Um...a little." she giggled.

'The funny thing is, Jung Jinyoung thinks that ______ loves me more than she loves him. I, on the other hand, think it’s the opposite. I feel like she loves him, more than she loves me. She probably would have chosen him too, if that evil witch didn't step in.’

“Maybe, it’s for the best.” ______ said softly. “I refuse to take Jung Jinyoung back, no matter what. I just can’t get over the fact that he believed her vicious lies about us. Argh!!!!~ It’s so frustrating.”

Jaehyo pulled her into a hug.

“Well, she puts on that act and makes people think that she’s innocent. I am frustrated too. I don’t know who I should kill first! Him or her?”

“Hmm…how about neither?”

“Aww…come on! Can’t I just kill her…a little bit?”

______ stared at him.

“What? How do you kill someone ‘a little bit’?” she laughed, making air quotes.

“Very carefully?” he said in a low monotone, with an expressionless face, which made it even funnier.

“Oppa!~” she giggled and tickled him.

“YAH!!” he screamed trying to fight her off. “Stop it!~”

“I know your ticklish spots!~” she giggled.

Jaehyo stared at her.

“Yah, we’re going to break the tree house! Back away!~” he warned.

______ shook her head and continued.

“Nope…”

“Yah, clumsy girl…you are going to trip over your own feet and we will fall through the floor!”

Hearing that, just made her laugh more.

“You’ll break my fall.” She giggled. “The wood is strong enough to hold us.”

“Oh yeah? Are you certain of that?” he teased. “Should I jump and test it?”

He squatted a bit, preparing to jump.

______ stared at him, like he was crazy.

“Don’t you dare!” she scolded and grabbed his arm, pulling him back down.

He ended up losing his balance and fell on top of her.

“Whoa!~” he whispered, turning slightly pink.

“Yah…Oppa…”

“Now, THIS feels like déjà vu…” he said softly, as he stared into her eyes.

“What?”

“_______-ah?”

“Hmm?”

He leaned down and brushed his lips to hers.

She tensed at first, but relaxed and kissed him back.

They kissed for a while and he pulled back, breaking it off.

"Wait, wait..." he whispered, against her lips.

"What?" she asked softly.

"Am I hallucinating right now?" he asked.

"Haha, what?" she giggled.

"This is real? I'm not dreaming?"

"No, you derp!~"

"No, I'm not dreaming? Or, no, this is not real?" he asked, making a derp face.

_____ stifled a laugh.

"Aigoo, Oppa!~"

“What? I really am lost…”

“Shut up already!~” she giggled, pulling him back down for another kiss.

 

 

 

 ______________________________________________________________

Well...THAT is one way to shut a person up XD I'd do the same thing.

Naeun...that evil "Cauliflower" XD

OMG! Jaehyo, why are you so cute?!?!

↑↑↑↑↑

*shrugs* XD Aigoo...so cute..