Chapter 18

Like Strangers

 

Jaehyo was sitting on ______’s bed.

“Oppa!~” ______ said cutely.

She leaned closely and looked into his eyes.

“Um…Y-Yes? ” he gulped, avoiding her eyes as his cheeks turned slightly red.

“”Is my computer fixable?”

“W-Where is it?” he stuttered.

She handed him her laptop.

“Could you fix it, please?” she begged.

“Hmm…I’ll do what I can.” He chuckled, unable to reject her. “Yah, it doesn’t even turn on!”

He tried pushing the power button, and everything.

“Yeah, I know…”

“Aigoo!~ You murdered your laptop?”

“It’s an old laptop, okay?! I’ve had it for a while and I think I fried it…or something.”

“AHEM! ! AHEM!” he coughed.

“Yah! Not even!!” she yelled.

“Why so defensive? Maybe it’s true.”

“You know me, I’m innocent. I’m never doing anything, like that, until I find the right guy. The guy that I will marry.”

“I’m the same way. I’ve never even kissed many girls.”

______ just stared at him.

“Yeah, I bet…” she said sarcastically.

“What?! I mean it! I’ve kissed one girl in my life, and you know about that.”

 

-------------------Flashback----------------------------------------

 

When Jaehyo and ______ were 13, she dragged him along to a party.

“______-ah, I don’t fit in here.”

“What do you mean? Of course you do, Oppa, you look hott.” She said making him blush.

“I stick out like a lone Pikachu in a room full of Seel. I’m the only bright yellow thing, contrasting against a sea of white.”

______ smiled.

“Or you could actually be a Ditto in disguise, who can blend in with the Seels very easily if he tried.”

Jaehyo started to laugh.

“I pulled you over to the dork side.” He chuckled.

“Aigoo! I know!~” she sighed. “Stop that!”

They joined a group of classmates, who were playing games.

They decided on a kissing game.

“Oh, NO WAY! I’m out!~” Jaehyo said trying to walk away, but ______ grabbed his arm and pulled him back.

“Oppa, stay, please? I’m afraid I’ll get stuck with…that…” she said motioning towards a boy, who was squirting breath spray in his mouth, while winking and making kissy faces at her.

Jaehyo turned to look at the guy and then at ______.

She cringed, noticeably.

‘There’s no way, someone like that will potentially take ______’s first kiss.’ He thought. “Okay…I’ll stay, for safety purposes.”

“Yah!~” she said pulling him down next to her.

The game went on and it was Jaehyo’s turn to spin the bottle.

It landed on some evil girl who refused to kiss him and demanded a redo.

“Why? No one got a redo.” ______ said. “Why wouldn’t you kiss him?”

“He’s a freak.”

“Yeah, well you’re a . Girls like you, are the reason that I don’t hang out with girls.” ______ said. “You won’t kiss him, fine, I will!”

“WHAT?!?!?” Everyone snapped.

“Don’t do it!~”

“NOOO, ______-ah!~~~~”

______ leaned forward, caressed Jaehyo’s cheek, and kissed him.

 

----------End of Flashback---------------------------------------

 

“That was really your last kiss, ever?” ______ asked.

“Mmm…” he said. ‘I know that nothing can compare to what I felt when she kissed me. That perfect kiss that I would compare every other kiss to.’

______ smiled.

“Oppa, you really need a girlfriend.”

“I don’t want a girlfriend…I’m fine.” He chuckled. ‘I just want you.’

Suddenly, ______’s phone rang and she squealed when she saw who it was.

Jaehyo felt a stab in heart at her reaction.

"Jinyoungie, how's Jeju?"

"Well, I've been here for 3 days and I miss you and the guys already."

"I miss you too, Harabeoji!~"

Jaehyo made a face.

"Wait...Harabeoji? He's younger than us...how can he be your Harabeoji?"

______ snickered.

"Really, Oppa? Really?"

"What?"

"Go back to your girlfriend Link." she laughed.

“I would, I need to kill a boss, but first I need one more piece of heart to complete a heart container.”

“Oh, Oppa.” she sighed, patting the top of his head. “You are such a video game addict, how do you find time for homework and sports?”

“There’s always time for homework, sports on the other hand, I don’t have to do that everyday. This is why, I don’t date.”

“Oh, that’s why?” she said sarcastically.

‘There’s that, and the fact that you’re dating someone else.’

“You sure, you’re not just…picky?”

“I’m very picky.” He said. “If you’ve seen the girls that Cucumber and WooJyo set me up with…you’d understand.”

“I’m going to switch to video call, alright?” Jinyoung said. “I want to see your face.”

They changed to video call and Jaehyo scooted out of the frame and lay on her bed to fix her computer.

“Kid, who are you talking to?” an older male voice asked sitting down next to him.

‘Oh, Ilwoo Hyung! This is my girlfriend, ______.”

“OH! So, this is the pretty girlfriend that I’ve been hearing so much about? This boy seriously has been talking about you non-stop!~”

“Hyung!~” Jinyoung whined.

“What?” Ilwoo asked innocently. “It’s true. Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Jung Ilwoo.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, I’m Seo ______!~”  ______ said politely.

Jaehyo just stared at her.

“You know, we get told we look a lot alike.” Ilwoo said.

“Yeah right, Hyung, you wish you looked as young as me!”

“So what, I’m 4 years older, I’m not an Ahjussi. I still think I’m more handsome.”

“I agree…” ______ giggled.

Jinyoung’s jaw dropped.

“What the…YAH, Seo ______!!~”

Jaehyo snickered and suddenly sneezed.

“Aigoo!~ Bless me!~”

“Can’t you be quiet for two minutes?” she laughed.

“Yeah, because, I can control my sneezes, right?”

“Who…” Jinyoung asked.

“Oh, it’s just my derpy neighbors.”

“Just a derpy neighbor? Yah, Seo ______, how badly do you want this fixed?” Jaehyo asked pointing to the computer he had just taken apart.

“Okay, Sorry Smart Oppa! Please fix it, bestie?”

“That’s what I thought.” He said going back to reassembling her computer, piece by piece.

“Thank you!~” ______ laughed and turned back to her call.

“Yeah, yeah…”

“I love having a computer nerd for a best friend.” She teased.

“Watch it, Missy!~” Jaehyo said in a monotone. “Keep it up, and I will leave you with all these little pieces everywhere…but I won’t because I’m a great friend.”

“Oh, Annyeonghaseyo Jaehyo-ssi!~”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jinyoung-ssi!” Jaehyo said.

“What did clumsy girl, do to her computer?” Jinyoung asked.

______ glared.

“Yah…”

“I don’t know, maybe she tripped and accidently clicked something sending her to some inappropriate website. Unless, she went there intentionally…” Jaehyo said taking off his glasses to go use the bathroom.

“YAH!!!!~” ______ whined, but got ignored. “Why don’t you leave your glasses on? You might miss the toilet or trip and end up peeing in my trash can.”

“______-ah, I thought clumsiness was your thing.” Jinyoung teased.

Jaehyo laughed so hard that he stubbed his toe on ______’s bed.

“YAH! See Oppa, that’s what you get for laughing…you jerk.”

“AISH!!!” he whimpered but didn’t stop laughing. “Ow…it’s hurts. Sorry, ______-ah, but that was funny. It’s so true, Grace.”

“Stop calling me that!~ Watch me and my clumsiness, knock you out the window, ‘accidently on purpose’. I mean, you know how clumsy I can be. That’s why your two front teeth are fake.”

“Aigoo!~ You’re injuring other people too? Aish, did she at least bring her first aid kit along?” Jinyoung laughed, still making fun of ______.

“Of course she did, but why bother to help your bleeding best friend when you can just sit there, crying, while constantly apologizing.”

“Jaehyo Oppa!!~” ______ said with fake cheerfulness.

“Y-Yeah?” he stammered.

“Saranghaeyo!!~” she said, her face instantly changing to a scowl.

‘She still hasn’t told me that she loves me…’ Jinyoung thought. ‘but it came so easily to him.’

“No, I’m just kidding. I hate you both…I really, really do!” ______ grumbled. “Nappeun Nom…”

“Liar…”

“As soon as I hang up this phone, I’m going to beat Jae Oppa with my first aid kit.” ______ said with a huge grin.

“______-ah, I think you’re missing the point of a first aid kit. You’re doing the complete opposite of its intended purpose. It’s to help heal, not to inflict pain.”

“Yeah…and?” she said sweetly.

“______-ah, I’m your Oppa.”

“Again, I say ‘and’?”

“Anyway…I gotta pee.’ Jaehyo said running to the bathroom.

______ snickered.

“Why so mean?” she asked Jinyoung.

“We’re not mean…you’re just fun to tease.”

After hanging up the phone, Ilwoo turned to Jinyoung.

“So…”

“So, what?”

“So, you’re not jealous?”

Jinyoung just stared at him.

“Jealous? Jealous of what?”

“The guy…” Ilwoo said, as if it was obvious.

“Jaehyo-ssi? No way! Why would I be?!”

“Well for one, he’s very handsome. Two, they spend a lot of time together and make fun of each other like that.”

“No! I trust ______. She’s just best friends with Jaehyo-ssi! She thinks of him as an Oppa!”

“I hope you’re right…” Ilwoo sighed. “But best friends like that, the ones that have been best friends for years, oftentimes, one or both have feelings for the other.”

“No, that’s ridiculous. They hated each other earlier this year. They are just making up for lost time…that’s all Hyung!” Jinyoung said with a smile. “I trust them.”

“She said she loves him.”

“Of course she does, he’s been in her life for years.”

“How often does she say it to you?” Ilwoo asked.

Jinyoung opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out.

 

 

___________________________________________________

jaehyo and jinyoung loooove making fun of  ______. XD

Ilwoo is like, PSYCHIC or something haha