Chapter 14

Like Strangers

 

 

 

______ and Jinyoung had been dating for a few months already and he was such a sweet, spontaneous boyfriend.

Jaehyo was walking down the hallway with Zico.

“Jaehyo Hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“Isn’t that ______ Noona’s boyfriend?” Zico asked, nodding in Jinyoung’s direction.

Jaehyo looked up and saw Jinyoung sneaking around by ______’s locker.

“Uh…yeah.” He replied. ‘What is he doing? He looks highly suspicious right now.’

Jinyoung looked around to see if anyone was looking, and jumped when he saw Jaehyo staring.

“Jaehyo-ssi?! YOU SCARED ME!” he exclaimed, clutching his chest, while he tried to hide something behind his back.

“That’s kind of what happens when you get caught, sneaking around. What are you doing?”

Jaehyo crossed his arms over his chest and smirked at Jinyoung.

“It’s a  surprise for ______.”

The smirk instantly faded into a frown.

“A surprise for ______?” Jaehyo repeated, peeking around Jinyoung to see what he was holding in his hands. “An iris, and a letter?”

“You caught me. I was going to leave this note and flower for her.”

“______ loves irises…”

“Yeah, I know! That’s why, I figured, she might like this surprise.” Jinyoung had a huge, cheerful grin spread across his face. “Please don’t tell her about this.”

“Well, would it be more secure if you put it inside her locker. It would surprise her even more.” Jaehyo advised. ‘Wait…why am I saying these things? I’m helping him now? Aish, Ahn Jaehyo, shut your mouth already!’

"Yeah...it would be, but I don't have her locker combination and if I ask her for it, she'll get suspicious and it'll ruin the surprise."

'He doesn't know her locker combination? Hmm...I do!~' Jaehyo gloated in his mind. 'I know it and he doesn't?'

Jinyoung looked at Jaehyo, suddenly unsure of what to do.

"It will be okay out here, won’t it? You don’t think someone would tamper with it, right?”

"I could tell you her locker combination, but I need to know what you're planning before I sacrifice her privacy."

“You’re saying you’ll help me?!?!?”

Zico raised an eyebrow at them.

“What the hell? Yah, Hyung, you derp.” He muttered before walking off. “I’ll see you later.”

“Yeah, later.” Jaehyo said turning back to Jinyoung, and narrowed his eyes at him, suspiciously. “You’re not planning on dumping her through a written letter…are you?”

Jinyoung’s eyes widened, giving Jaehyo a horrified look.

“NO!” he shouted defensively.

‘Darn…’ Jaehyo thought. ‘Wait…I shouldn’t be disappointed about that. She’s not getting hurt. I know, if anyone tried to break up with her like that, they’d be buried alive in a shallow grave.’

“I was just…planning a romantic moment.”

“Well it’s a good thing she’s on the other side of the school right now.”

“I want to tell her that I love her.” Jinyoung said, causing the older man to freeze in place.

Jaehyo sighed and forced himself to enter ______’s locker combination, despite the stinging and tightness in his chest.

“Yeah…good luck with that.” He said opening the locker door, before he walked off.

“Thank you, Jaehyo-ssi!” Jinyoung called after him.

“Mhm…”

Jaehyo walked to his class and quietly sat in his assigned seat, next to Minhyuk.

“Yah! I’m supposed to be the quiet one here! Why aren’t you saying anything?”

“No reason.” He replied and put his head down.

“Come on, something is obviously bothering you, dude.”

“I’m just…feeling really regretful lately.”

“Regretful?” B-bomb asked curiously. “What could you be feeling regretful about?”

A few of Jaehyo’s fan girls walked in at that moment and started squealing and screaming for him.

“That…” he stated simply. “That’s what I regret.”

“What? The popularity?”

“Yes, if I had just confessed to ______, and taken the risk, at least she’d know how I feel.”

“Aigoo!~ Again about ______?”

“What do you mean Again?!” Jaehyo yelled defensively.

“I mean, you’re always talking about her. So much that we ALL know how much you were in love with her.”

Jaehyo sighed.

“Did I talk about her that much/”

“Well there’s the fact that when you start to talk about something…you refused to shut up. The topic of your ramblings was always her. You think we didn’t all know about your feelings for her?”

“Is it that obvious?” Jaehyo asked, a bit embarrassed.

“YES! We figured it out. You flirt with girls and never get passed the first date. So, my question is, why didn’t you ever confess to her?”

“There are so many times that I wanted to, but I never got up the nerve to. There was this day that she came to school dressed up. I mean, not a hair out of place. I was jealous. Who was that guy that she would go all out to impress?”

 

-----------------------Flashback------------------------------------------------

 

Jaehyo had been staring at ______ all day.

‘She really looks like she’s trying hard. Why? Who the hell is he?’

“Ahn Jaehyo…are you checking out ______, right now?” a female voice asked.

He turned to see who it was.

“Naeun? NO! What are you talking about?! I was not!”

“How about I help you?!” She said sweetly.

He started at her suspiciously.

“And…why…would you do that?”

“I’m just being nice. Honestly though, do you think you can get a date with Seo ______, looking like that? Your outfit looks like the sewing machine, malfunctioned.”

“Sewing machine malfunction? Well it’s easy to fix that, all you need to do is…”

“Yeah!~ Don’t do that! You might want to keep that in. Girls don’t like when a guy’s nerdiness is over the top.”

“Really?” he said softly. “So, what do I have to do to get her interested in me?”

“Just, a simple makeover.”

“Makeover? What’s wrong with the way I look? She never minded before.”

“Yeah, but that’s when you and ______ were hanging out as just friends. Let’s go shopping after school…” she said. “We have a lot of work to do, with you, if you want her. Well she’s coming over, so I’ll see you after school and we should spend the weekend on this too. So Friday night, okay?”

She tiptoed and kissed his cheek before she walked off.

“W-what was that?” ______ asked walking over to him.

“I think I have a date with Son Naeun on Friday night.”

“WHAT?!” ______ shouted.

‘Is she getting jealous?’ he thought. “Yeah! How awesome is that?! Waaaa!~”

“But…Friday Night is our Movie night.”

 

---------- End of Flashback-------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Why did you tell her that you had a date with Naeun?! She probably thought that you like Naeun!” Minhyuk snapped.

“I don’t know! It just came out.”

“Aigoo!~ That kind of blew your chance.”

“Well she has a boyfriend now, so it doesn’t really matter! I obviously have no chance with her. Jung Jinyoung is perfect. She doesn’t have those feelings for me. He’s the person that she likes. I just have to stand by and watch her be with him. She’s happy, and that’s what matters, right?”

“But…are you happy?”

Jaehyo didn’t say a word.

He didn’t need to, because it was already pretty clear as crystal.

 

 

______________________________________________________

Aww...Jinyoungie is so sweet.

Jaehyo quit abusing and torturing yourself. Naeun lied to you!!~ =[