Chapter 26

Like Strangers

 

 

At lunch, Jinyoung sat down next to ______.

“My girlfriend is back!!!~” he sang happily, as he kissed her cheek.

______ just glared at him and scooted away.

“Don’t…”

Jinyoung looked at her in confusion.

“______-ah, what’s wrong?”

“Ooh Hyung what did you do?!” Sandeul said in a sing-song voice.

“Huh?” Jinyoung muttered. “______-ah, are you still feeling sick?”

He reached out to touch her face, to check her temperature and she slapped his hand away.

“I said…DON’T!” she snapped, standing up.

The five guys stared at her, speechless.

“Noona…” Gongchan squeaked.

“I think I’m going to go have lunch with Jaehyo Oppa today.” She said and walked off to Block B’s table.

"Oh, ______ Noona!~" Kyung said, noticing her first. "Why so sad? Do you want a hug from Kyungie? I know it'll make you feel better."

"You best be backing the hell off, your grease is dripping." Jaehyo said. "Yah, ______-ah, I thought you said you were okay."

He patted the seat next to him, motioning for her to sit down.

She sat next to him and sighed.

"I lied."

"I know. What's up?" Jaehyo said. 'It's obvious that she loves Jung Jinyoung too. The idiot doesn't even realize how stupid he's being by not listening to me! Any would use this to his advantage, but...how could I do that?'

"It's really bugging me. What are they talking about? What is she planning this time?" she said and stopped to look at him. "Oh, Oppa, I'm sorry for unloading all of this off on you. It's so insensitive of me."

"No, I asked." he said. "Don't feel sorry."

"Noona, what's wrong?" Zico asked.

"Cheer up, Noona! Smile, smile, smile!~ Watch me, and copy." U-Kwon said putting a huge grin on his face. "Hmm? Come on, you can do it, Noona!"

She looked at him and giggled.

"Oh, Yukwonnie. Your smiles are infectious." she said giving him a hug.

When school finished, Jinyoung was sitting under a tree, completely depressed.

______ had been avoiding him, the whole day, and he didn’t know what was going on.

“Why can’t she come to me, and tell me what’s bothering her? Why can’t she just tell me what I did to piss her off so bad?!” he asked, no one.

“Oh, Jinyoung-ssi, why the long face?” the voice of evil asked.

Jinyoung looked up.

“Naeun-ssi, It’s  nothing. ______ is mad at me and I don’t know why.”

Naeun turned away to hide her grin.

"Hmm...you really don't see it?"

"See what?"

"Tell me, are you and ______ in love and completely committed."

"Yes."

"How often does she tell you that she loves you?"

"I know she loves me...without her saying it."

"Then why did she have lunch with Jaehyo Oppa today?"

"She's mad at me about something."

"Why?! What did you do that was so wrong"

"I don't even know!" he yelled in frustration. "She won't tell me."

"You're the one that should be mad don't you think?"

Jinyoung look up at her, confused.

"Why? Why would I be mad at her?"

"Unnie spends a lot more time with Jaehyo Oppa, than she does with you, doesn't she?"

"No...not really."

"Are you sure? She seems like she's with him all the time."

"I guess so, but they're best friends."

Naeun laughed.

"Are you sure, that is all that they are to each other?"

"Of course, I'm sure."

"You could be wrong about that though..." she said softly. "______Unnie and Jaehyo Oppa, have always been close. It's a bit suspicious."

"I'm not suspicious of anything..."

"Well, maybe you should be." Naeun said standing up to leave.

Jinyoung's arm shot out to grab her wrist, stopping her.

"Wait...what do you mean? Do you know something?"

She grinned.

'Got him.' she thought, turning around.

She put that innocent face back on.

"What is it? Naeun-ssi, what is it that you know, that I don't?" he asked desperately.

"I don't know, if I should tell you." she said with fake shyness. "It might get me into trouble."

"Naeun-ssi...please? Tell me, what you know." he begged.

"Okay, only because you're a nice guy and I don't like seeing people get hurt."

"Why would I get hurt?"

"I think that ______ Unnie and Jaehyo Oppa, could never be, just friends. He's her ideal man."

"It's understandable. I mean with them being best friends, of course she'd want a guy like her best friend."

"Not 'like' her best friend." Naeun sighed, staring at her nail. "Him, specifically."

"But they are just friends."

"Aigoo!~" she grumbled, looking him in the eye. "Aren't you listening to me?! Seo ______, was deeply in love with Ahn Jaehyo, and probably still is."

Jinyoung laughed.

"Hahaha, yeah right. That's ridiculous."

"Nope, I'm not kidding." she told him. "She doesn't tell you that she loves you, but I'm sure you hear her tell him, all the time. Am I right?"

He frowned.

"She doesn't mean it like that..."

"Wanna bet?"

He sighed.

"It's impossible..."

"Nope, she told me herself."

"When?!" Jinyoung snapped. "When, did she tell you this?!"

"Hmm..." Naeun said, putting her index finger to her lips as she about it. "Maybe, like, a year and a half? Of course, she always got jealous of us hanging out. She threw a fit and tried to start a fight with me, over nothing. She even flirted with my boyfriend, as revenge..."

"I didn't know that ______ was like that."

"Of course! Seo ______, is a terrible person. As for Jaehyo Oppa…"

"What? What about Ahn Jaehyo-ssi?"

"He was a nerd that no one liked and I am the very person that gave him his popularity. I gave him a makeover and introduced him to people. How did he repay me? By bad mouthing me, behind my back, when all I ever did was help them." she sniffled.

"Oh, Naeun-ssi, I'm so sorry. You don't deserve that."

"Jaehyo Oppa wants ______ Unnie. He doesn't want you to talk to me, so that you don't find this stuff out! He doesn't want you to know the truth."

"What is the truth?"

"______ Unnie, is just using you to get over Jaehyo Oppa. She keeps him close, just in case."

"Now that I think about it...she's happier now that they are friends again. When we met, they weren't friends and never even spoke to each other much. It was so sudden, they became friends again, after we started dating. Do you think that she could have been using me, the whole time, just to make him jealous and bring him back to her?"

"I'm sorry. That is, exactly, the type of person that Seo ______ is. She's a flirt."

A lot of the things that Jinyoung learned, from Naeun, seemed hard to believe, but why would such a sweet girl lie about that.

After a while, it sounded more, and more, convincing.

Jaehyo was walking by, on the way off campus.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Jaehyo Oppa." Naeun said, cheerfully.

He just glared at her.

"Yeah, whatever." He mumbled and continued to walk.

"Yah, Don't be so mean to me!~" she pouted.

"Come on, Jaehyo-ssi, she's just a little girl."

Jaehyo chuckled.

"Aigoo, what the hell did she say to you?"

"She told me everything."

"All lies, no doubt." Jaehyo snapped. "Yah, Son Naeun, keep your mouth shut."

"Don't be so disrespectful to a lady." Jinyoung shouted.

"Excuse me?!? I see, NO lady here!" Jaehyo snapped. "Are you stupid, or something?!?!"

"Why? Why am I stupid?!"

"I, specifically, remember telling you not to trust her." the older man screamed, pointing his finger in Naeun’s direction.

"So you can have ______ all to yourself?!"

"What the…?! YAH, that doesn't even make any sense. You're saying that I told you not to talk to someone that ______ hates, so that I can steal her from you?! What the hell? This is stupid. I’m leaving." Jaehyo said walking away.

"Yah, Jaehyo-ssi, I'm not done with you yet!" Jinyoung shouted, running after him.

"You must be a moron! If I was deliberately trying to take ______ away from you, wouldn’t  I tell you to talk to Naeun, so she gets pissed off and dumps your ?! I didn't do that though, did I?! NO, I told you the complete opposite! YOU, are the one that went against what I told you.”

“She’s more truthful and open than you or ______!”

“Truthful?!” Jaehyo chuckled. “I, highly, doubt that what Son Naeun told you, has any truth to it, what so ever.”

“So…you don’t want Seo ______?!” Jinyoung snapped, shoving Jaehyo backwards.

“I’m not denying that…”

“See?! So is she really lying?!”

“YAH! I’m speaking from experience…don’t trust Son Naeun or you will regret it.”

“I regret trusting you.” Jinyoung scoffed. “You’re the home wrecker here.”

“Me?!” Jaehyo snapped, pointing at himself. “I’m a home wrecker? What the hell are you talking about?”

“I trusted that you were just friends with ______, but you’re probably hooking up behind my back.”

“Shut the hell up, before I punch you in your pretty face!” Jaehyo snapped. “How can you talk about her, like that?! Seo ______ is NOT that kind of person! Yes, I admit that I have feelings for her…”

“Of course you do…” Jinyoung chuckled. “It’s so obvious now.”

“What the hell did Naeun tell you?!”

“She told me what you and ______ didn’t. That you love her and she loves you.”

“Yeah…and?!”

“So you admit it! You love her!”

“I already did! Didn’t I just say that I admit it?!”

“You son of a…” Jinyoung growled and punched Jaehyo in the eye, knocking him off balance.

“YAH!!!! Hyungs!!” Gongchan, who just happened to be walking by, shouted. “Jinyoung Hyung, why did you do that?”

“What the hell was that for?!” Jaehyo growled right back.

“Trying to steal my girlfriend!!”

“Huh?” Gongchan gasped softly. “Hyungs, what are you talking about?”

“I am NOT trying to steal ______. Seriously, stop saying that! I am trying to help you keep her.”

“I haven’t done anything wrong, and the only problem, is you!”

“NO, the problem is you!” Jaehyo snapped back. “You’re the reason she’s mad. It’s all because YOU are being an idiot. I am done here! I’m done, trying to help you. If you think that I’m trying to steal her from you, maybe that’s exactly what I’ll do.”

He turned to walk away.

“YAH!!!” Jinyoung snapped.

“Yah? Haha…” Jaehyo chuckled. “Honestly, you’re making it way too easy.”

“Jaehyo Hyung…” Gongchan muttered. ‘Jaehyo Hyung isn’t a cold person, why is he being like this?’

Jinyoung and Jaehyo had a ‘glare-off’ for a moment and walked in opposite directions.

Gongchan looked between the two, unsure of what to do.

He went off on his own, not wanting to cause more drama.

______  saw Jaehyo, from a distance, and rushed over to him.

"Oppa, what happened?!" she snapped, her tone, full of concern, when she saw him covering his eye.

"It's nothing...I just...lost a contact.."

"No...that's a black eye!"

"Not yet, it's not, but it might be."

"From who?! Who the hell did that?"

'I can't tell her that it was Jinyoung-ssi, who did it. I can't tell her, what just happened.' he thought.

"It was nothing, no one really. It's my fault. I hit myself with my locker door."

"What?"

"Yeah...I wasn't paying attention, that's all."

She grabbed his arm and dragged him home.

"Hurry up, we have to put some ice on that to bring down the swelling.” She said. ‘I know that’s not what really happened. Who hit him, and why? That’s what I want to know…’

 

 

__________________________________________________

Oh...more Drama!

Naeun is such a liar!!!!!~~~~ Kill her!~ XD