Chapter 32

Like Strangers

 

 

Jinyoung just chuckled and they watched the game together.

Jaehyo was sitting with the rest of the team, while his fan girls spazzed and screamed at the top of their lungs.

“JAEHYO SUNBAE!!!!~~~ MARRY ME!!~”

“KYAAA!!~~ JAEHYO SUNBAE, FIGHTING!!~~~”

Soohyun scoffed.

The lack of attention annoyed him.

“Yah, Ahn Jaehyo, are you the only member on this team?” he grumbled.

Jaehyo glared at him.

“No, but I’m better than you.” He shot back.

“Give me Seo ______, and you can have ALL of those girls that want you?”

“What I’d like to give you, is a basketball, at 100 miles per hours, flying full-speed at your-“

Jaehyo got cut off when the coach blew the whistle.

“What was that? I missed it.” Soohyun pushed, leaning in closer. “Could you repeat that?”

“Shut up and play, .”

Jaehyo looked around, searching the crowd for ______.

His eyes found her and he smiled.

She smiled back and made a heart with her hands.

He reached into his jersey and kissed the ring for luck.

The game ended with them so far in the lead that the visiting team, never could have caught up.

After Jinyoung left, she was walking around with the guys, to get dinner.

“Wow!~ Do they always win by this much?” she asked.

Kyung shook his head.

“Nope, never.”

“I half-expected Jaehyo Hyung to whip the ball at Baek Soohyun’s head.” Zico said, pointing to his temple. “I ain’t talking about THIS head, either.”

“Believe me, I was tempted.” Jaehyo said, coming up to give ______ a back hug. “I thought that this ring was my good luck charm, but this time, there was something here, that hasn’t been here before.”

“Jinyoung?” she teased.

“YAH!”

______ smiled and wrapped her arms around his torso.

“You were daebak!~”

“Not, ‘derptastic’?” he chuckled.

______ looked up at him and shook her head.

“Nope, just ‘daebak’!”

“______-ah…”

“Hmm?”

“Could you, do me a favor?”

She looked at him, confused.

“What is it?” she asked, narrowing her eyes suspiciously.

Jaehyo chuckled.

“Yah! What’s with that look? It’s nothing bad, I promise!”

“Fine…tell me what it is and I’ll decide on how to react.”

He reached into his shirt, and pulled out the ring, once again.

“Take this back.” He whispered. “That’s all I want, right now. I want YOU to take this ring and wear it. It’s not a promise ring. It’s not a friendship ring. It’s just a symbol of, what we are to each other. You know how much meaning this one little ring holds.”

Zico and Kyung looked at each other, then at the other members.

“Um Hyungs…the atmosphere is getting, a bit, ‘intimate’ don’t you think?” the maknae asked.

“Mhm…” U-Kwon nodded in agreement.

“Okay, everyone, slowly back away.”

They took silent steps backwards, waiting until they were out of sight to start running.

______ smiled and nodded.

“Okay…I’ll do that.” She told him. “On one condition.”

“Huh? What is that?”

Jaehyo just stared at her.

“Those movie tickets that you got, will be our first date.”

His cheeks tinged pink.

“Uh…I…I…” he stammered.

“Oppa…since when are you nervous around me? I-I-I.” She giggled.

“Yah…I c-can’t help it. I am, both, nervous and comfortable around you.”

“Aigoo…my best friend is bipolar…and he wants me to wear this ring?” she teased, with a dramatic tone.

“Haha, YAH! I want you to be my girlfriend…” he whispered. “I don’t want to EVER share you. Even if you do still have some feelings leftover for Jung Jinyoung, I know that most of your heart belongs to me.”

______ got up on the tips of her toes to kiss him.

“Hmm…as long as you continue to win games like this, that won’t change.”

Jaehyo looked at her and frowned.

“What the…YAH!” he growled, tickling her sides. “Take it back!~”

“Haha, No!~”

“Psh, you never even came to one of my games before.” He pouted.

“That’s because I know NOTHING about sports and I was mad at you, last year during basketball season.”

Hearing that, made him chuckle.

“I remember trying to explain basketball to you once. I had to repeat it, about 4 times.” He teased. “You still didn’t get it.”

______ glared at him.

“Yeah, that’s because, when you explained it to me, it was like when you explain electronics. You tend to use big, scientific words, not words that normal people use.”

“Oh, so I’m not a ‘normal person?” he asked, making air-quotes with his fingers.

______ shook her head and giggled.

“Hehe, yeah right! YOU, normal?! You, Oppa, are FAR from normal.” She told him. “I think, that’s why I love you so much.”

He smiled and leaned down for a kiss.

“Hmm…I’m hungry, are you hungry?” he asked, when he broke off the kiss.

______ shoved him off of her.

“Really? You just ruined the moment, derp Oppa!”

"I’m sorry!!! My stomach just growled, I can’t help it! Yah, let's go get some dinner, Guys!" Jaehyo said turning to where the guys were once standing. "Um...guys?....."

Silence.

Crickets chirping.

He looked in every direction.

"Haha, Oppa, they left a long time ago!" ______ giggled.

"What the...I was going to treat them to dinner. Oh well! I guess it's just you and me, hmm?"

He draped his arm over her shoulders, pulling her back to him.

“Aigoo!~” she giggled, kissing his cheek. “Let’s go.”

The next morning, ______ woke up to Jaehyo in her room.

He stepped onto her bed and started to jump, up and down.

“Wake up!!!~~”

“Subtle...Real subtle…” ______ moaned and went back to sleep.

“Yah, wake up! Don’t go back to sleep! Aigoo, fine, I can be subtle too.” He said lying down next to her.

He nuzzled her neck and trailed kisses along her jaw line.

It brought a smile to her face.

“Yah!”

“What? You said to be subtle.” He whispered against her lips.

“You are on something aren’t you?” she giggled, slowly opening her eyes.

“Right now? I’m on you.” He said rolling on top of her.

“YAH! You’re heavy!~~” she whined, squirming to get out from underneath him.

He pinned her down.

“That’s my muscles!~”

“Derp.” She giggled. “Where are my parents?”

“They let me in, and then they left. They trust me.”

“They shouldn’t.” she giggled.

“It’s YOU that would take advantage of ME!” he insisted. “Because you’re naughty, naughty.”

“Shut up!~” she laughed, trying to push him off of her.

She failed again

“Then, wake up!~~ It’s movie time! Come on, I’m tired too. Let’s get to the theater so that I can sleep, while you spaz.”

______ gave him a ‘wtf’ look.

“You babo! You paid for tickets, just so you could have a new place to nap?”

Jaehyo chuckled and shook his head.

“No, I bought the tickets so that you can watch it and you don’t have to be alone with those thirteen year old girls and forty year old ahjummas as they spaz and freak out. You know, puberty and menopause.”

“Hahaha, what the…” she laughed. “You really are a derp, Oppa. Yah, let me up so that I can go get ready.”

“Kiss first?”

“How about I push you off, so you fall on your face?”

“No! Not the pretty face!~” He whined. “How about you push me off and knock me onto my instead?”

“Really? You’d rather me shove you, onto the ground than get up willingly?” she laughed, shaking her head. ‘What a weirdo…’

“Exactly, so you understand?” he nodded.

“You are, by far, the strangest person that I know.” She giggled.

She reached up to, lovingly, caress his cheek and kissed his lips.

He released her from his hold, granting her permission to get out of bed to get ready.

When she got back to her room, fully dressed, she found him asleep in her bed.

“Aigoo!~ OPPA!!!~”

Jaehyo quickly shot up.

“I’m up!~ Let’s…g-go….”

His eyes locked on her and he couldn’t look away.

“What? What is it?” she blushed.

“I-I-I-I…Y-Y-You…” he stammered. “You look…amazing. I mean not that you don’t ALWAYS look amazing, because you do…but you look amazing-er.”

______ started to giggle.

“Oppa, I thought you were ranked as the top 40 in our school? Are you forgetting about grammar?”

“I don’t even care if that’s not a word, but neither is derptastic.”

“PSH! Of course it is a word! Derptastic is my word, okay?”

He smiled and escorted her out.

When they got to the movie theaters, they were standing for the concession stand.

“Ooh, remember when we were little and we just brought random snacks with us to the movies?” ______ laughed at the memories that popped into her head.

“Oh yeah!~” Jaehyo chuckled. “It was either Eomeonim or my Umma, but we just stuffed random candies into her purses. I swear, we just got whatever we could find, and shoved it ALL in there.”

“We emptied the refrigerator once too.”

“Remember that one time, we brought ddukbokki  into the movies with us. I think we were in middle school then.”

______ face-paled.

“YES! I remember that! That was YOUR idea, not mine. I was so paranoid that someone would catch us!”

Jaehyo shrugged.

“Well…movie theater candy is too expensive! You get like ONE skittle for 5000 won!!~ I doubt we can split ONE skittle! Anyway, that ddukbokki tasted so much better like that.”

“Um…Oppa, we’re holding up the line.” ______ giggled, pushing him toward the cashier. “Aigoo.”

“Oh…excuse me.” Jaehyo chuckled. “I got distracted while reminiscing the old times.”

They ordered their drinks and popcorn and headed into the movie.

After the movie ended Jaehyo was confused.

"I'm lost." he said, scratching his head.

______ looked at him and giggled.

"Haha, what is so new about that, Oppa?" she teased.

He pouted.

"Well...I got to pee, I drank a whole, extra large coke, in my confusion. You know when you have to pee badly, and you have a soda in your hand but you just can't stop drinking it, because it's there?"

______ made a face.

"Eww...Oppa, TMI!!!~" she whined, shoving him towards the entrance to the men's bathroom. "Do you your business, and don’t tell me about it!"

"Okay, but give me a hint first!"

"Father-in-law."

Jaehyo just stared.

"Wha-?!?"

"Hehehe!~"

She shoved him into the bathroom and waited outside.

"Seo ______!~" a familiar voice called, from across the room.

She turned to see who it was, and rolled her eyes.

"Oh...eww!" she cringed. 'It's Baek Soohyun.'

He came closer and flashed his, handsome, smile.

"______-ssi, you look amazing."

"Um...thanks?" she replied. 'Aigoo, Jaehyo Oppa, hurry up! He never should’ve gotten that extra large soda.'

Her eyes shifted uncomfortably.

"Are you here with someone?"

"Yes, I'm with Jaehyo Oppa, why?"

"Oh...you are? Then where is he?"

"Bathroom..." she stated simply and added more, in her head. '...where you should be, with all the other turds.'

"Oh."

"Where's Naeun?"

"Who?"

______ rolled her eyes.

"Son Naeun, your girlfriend."

"Oh her...she's in the bathroom too. Yah, what do you say we ditch them, and have some fun."

"No, thank you." she said, turning away.

His jaw dropped.

"Yah, what does Ahn Jaehyo have that I don't?" he growled.

______ scoffed at him.

"Seriously? You want to know?"

"Yes?"

"Respect, kindness, loyalty, brains, and a huge heart." she said.

Jaehyo came out of the bathroom and saw them talking.

"______-ah, are you alright?" He asked, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Mhm..."

"Is he bothering you?"

"A little bit..."

"Let's go." he said.

Jaehyo grabbed her hand and pulled her out the door.

"Argh! That guy is so annoying!"

"Ha, you think?" he chuckled. "He IS dating Naeun."

"Then why does he keep hitting on ME?"

"Maybe he finally got good taste in women?" Jaehyo joked.

______ raised her brow at him.

"Yuck..." she whined, making a gagging sound. "It ALL started over HIM."

"What do you mean?" Jaehyo asked.

He cocked his head to the side like puppy.

"Naeun started everything because of him."

"True...and at practice he talks about you, in an attempt to piss me off. Aish, let's not talk about him. Back to the movie discussion!!~~ So what do you mean by 'father-in-law'?"

______ covered to stifle a giggle.

"Aigoo, okay." she snickered. "Edward."

"E-Edward?!" he stuttered, even more confused than before. "Edward's father-in-law is Bella's father, right?"

"Okay...sure." she laughed.

"What happened to Charlie? Is he going to be a Vampire too?!" he asked, thinking that he had figured it out.

"Yeah...okay."

Jaehyo gasped, dramatically.

"OR, is he going to become a werewolf?"

She face-palmed and kissed his cheek.

"Did you read the book?"

"Obviously not, or I wouldn’t be so damn lost."

"Read the book, Oppa." she giggled.

"I don’t read those kinds of things. I don’t read unless I have to, which means school books, and electronics or video game instruction manuals."

"Waaaa!~ Nerd much?"

He pouted and nodded.

"I am. I really am."

"I know. I know." she said caressing his cheek. "But you're MY nerd."

"I don't want to be your NERD...I want to be your BOYFRIEND!~" he whined.

______'s heart started to race.

She had been hoping for that moment, for as long as she could remember.

"Boyfriend?"

"Mhm...I want to be your boyfriend, and I want you to be my girlfriend. I've wanted that for a long time."

She smiled and tiptoed to get to his level.

"Me too..." she whispered against his lips and closed the space between them.

 

 

 

______________________________________________

 JDSKFHSKDFHJDKSFKSDFHSKDFJ!!!!~~

Jaehyo is adorable and that jerk, Soohyun...is a poopiehead! XP Why so irritating?

↑↑ Jaehyo freaked out by the fog XD hahaha↑↑

AIGOO! There was supposed to KPOP Concert tonight, but now it's postponed until December D: well...at least that give us time so that MAYBE B2ST will be able to come!!~~~ ♥♥♥ Aigoo...no one ever comes to Hawaii and when a band plans to ...they cancel it...like with Rain and JYJ. Hopefully not this time! ^-^