Chapter 15

Like Strangers

 

 

______ stopped by her locker at lunch, to put her books away and the gifts that Jinyoung left.

"Aww...an iris! My favorite...but who is it from?" she whispered to herself. 'Maybe my lovely boyfriend? No, he doesn't know my locker combination. Only Jae-....only Jaehyo Oppa knows what my locker combination is. Could it be...no...of course not. I'm being ridiculous. It's about time that I get over my feelings for Jaehyo Oppa.'

"______-ah, you’re zoning out right now…and I’m the derp?” a voice, behind her, teased.

She turned around to see Jaehyo standing there with a smirk on his handsome face.

“YAH, Oppa!”

“I see you got the flower.” He said softly.

“Mhm!~…wait…it’s not from you, right?”

He looked down at his feet to hide the tinge of red, creeping onto his face.

“N-no.”

“Oh…okay.” She said, partially disappointed. ‘I knew it…DUH, ______, what was the point in asking?! Babo…’

“I hope you’re not mad at me. He didn’t have your combination and I thought I’d help him out.”

“Was it Jinyoungie?” she asked with a big smile.

‘I feel bi-polar right now. I’m happy that she’s happy, but it’s killing me because that smile isn’t for me.’

“It was Jinyoungie, wasn’t it? He’s so sweet. Yah…Oppa, what’s wrong? Are you sick or something?” she asked when she noticed his dejected expression.

“Huh? Oh, um…yeah. I’m fine.” He lied.

“Are you sure, you’re really fine, Jae Oppa?”

“Mhm…I’m just a little tired.” He said, flashing a smile.

“Maybe, you should get more sleep Oppa. Lay of the Call of Duty, and Star Craft.”

“YAH! We all know…that is NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!~ How many times do I have to tell you?! Don’t you dare, try to come between me and my video games, woman.” He scolded.

“Oppa, you will always be amazing derptastic!~ I’ll see you later.” she giggled and walked off to find her boyfriend.

Jaehyo released the breath he didn’t realize he had been holding in.

He could feel the tears forming in his eyes and took a deep breath, to stop them from falling.

‘Aish!! It didn’t work.’ He thought walking straight to the bathroom to splash water on his face. “I used to be so good at keeping my feelings hidden, but now…I fail. Why did I tell that this was a friendship ring?”

He reached into his shirt and pulled out the ring.

 

-------------------Flashback-------------------------------------------------

 

Jaehyo had been brainstorm the different ways he could confess to ______.

“Oppa, you’re getting there.”

“You think I could be the guys she wants?” he asked softly, while he looked at himself in the mirror. “I have to look perfect.”

Naeun thought for a while, and something hit her. (Me?!? Can I do it? XD)

“Oppa.”

“Hmm?” he said turning to look at her.

“Do you do any sports?” she asked.

“Um…w-well, I like basketball and baseball.” He stuttered. “Maybe track too…Why?”

“That’s good!!” she said scribbling something down into her notebook. “Girls like the athletic type.”

“Oh, really?” he asked, still a bit unsure. “I don’t think ______ is like that.”

“Of course she is! Girls like healthy, good looking guys. If you’ll handsome and athletic, you should have her, in an instant!!” she told him, snapping her fingers for emphasis.

“A-Are you sure?”

“Of course I’m sure! Just listen to me and you’ll get her.”

“Okay…” he sighed. ‘Well, Naeun is a girl and she knows ______, so I suppose I should just trust her on this. She must know what she’s talking about.’

“We’re done for today. Don’t forget to practice your confidence. We’ll get rid of that stutter if we really work on it.”

Jaehyo nodded and walked out to go meet ______.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a box.

“Aish, I don’t even know what I’m going to say to her.”

It was the most nerve-wracking walk to ______ house ever.

He got to her room and was constantly making sure that ever hair was in the right place.

It was seriously starting to irritate her.

“PUT DOWN THE DAMN MIRROR FOR ONE SECOND.” She snapped and they argued about Naeun for a while.

“So you’ve been blowing me off…for what?” ______ asked.

“I…I’m sorry I just lost track of time. I’ve finally decided to go out for different sports like maybe, basketball, baseball, and maybe the track team. Should I try soccer too?”

______ rolled her eyes at him.

“You’ve always liked sports. I think you’d be good at it.”

‘So...is that the kind of guy she likes? Naeun was right? I have to change, even more if I want to impress her.’ He thought. “Really? Do you think I should? I mean, I have better, upper body strength then lower, but I could work on that. Oh, I got something for you.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a best friends forever, ring.” He said placing it in her hand.

______ looked down at the ring and smiled.

“You better not lose it. I had it made special for you.” He said. “D-do you like it?”


“Yeah, I love it.” She giggled and threw her arms around him, hugging him tight. “Thank you, Jae Oppa.”

 

He smiled and breathed a sigh of relief.

‘Well that wasn’t so bad. If I had told her the real reason for that ring, I don’t know if she’d accept my heart. I’ll wait…for the perfect moment to tell her the truth.’ he thought.

 

---------End of Flashback-----------------------------------

 

“I hesitated…” he muttered. “If I had manned up, I wouldn’t feel so miserable right now.”

He pulled himself together and went to join the guys for lunch.

Meanwhile, ______ had found Jinyoungie.

"You got my flower!~"

"Yeah, so it was you?" she said wrapping her arms around his torso.

"Did you expect someone else? Yah, what guy is trying to steal my girlfriend?" he teased, lightly her hair.

"Of course not, Jinyoungie. There's no one, trying to compete with you. It was sweet. How did you know?"

"Come on! You're seriously asking that?! I know, because I listen to you."

"Aww...my boyfriend is the sweetest. "

"Yeah...I know!" he said confidently. “You are soooo lucky to have me, aren’t you~”

"Yah!" she giggled and pulled him in for a quick kiss. “…but, honestly, I am lucky. You are daebak!~”

Jinyoung smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"I’m the lucky one. Yah, quick question.” He said. “How come Ahn Jaehyo knows your locker combination and I don't? He was hesitant to help me out and got really protective."

"Jaehyo Oppa and I have always been protective of each other. It was always just the two of us. I've had the same lock, since middle school and I wouldn't dare to change it because..."

"You'd forget a combination THAT easily? Aigoo, my girlfriend shouldn’t be having so many brain farts at such a young age!~” he teased, earning a smack in the chest.

She glared at him.

"Yah!! Yeah, maybe, and that's why Oppa helps me. I don't think anyone knows more about me than he does."

"So I could ask him about things? Like embarrassing moments?!" he teased.

"Yah! Jung Jinyoung, do you want to die?!" She asked, glaring daggers at him. “If you do…I will murder you, with your guitar strings!”

“You are so adorable, when you’re mad.” He chuckled, reaching up to brush a stray strand of hair, out of her eyes. “It’s fun to tease you! ______-ah?”

“What?!” she pouted, crossing her arms over her chest childishly.

“Saranghae…” he blurted. ‘My heart…feels so much lighter, now I’ve said it.’

“W-W-What?” she stammered, making eye contact. “Jinyoungie…”

“There…I said it. I’ve wanted to say it, for so long but…I chickened out a few times.”

______ just stared at him, completely speechless.

“I don’t know what to say…”

“You don’t need to say anything. I’ll wait until you are ready to say it.” He said with a smile. “I just wanted you to know, my true feelings for you.”

Jaehyo just happened to walk by and she locked gazes with him for a few seconds, before he walked off.

‘What do I do? I know I have real feelings for Jinyoungie, but every time I see Jaehyo Oppa, I feel so…conflicted. How can I love them, both?!’ she thought. ‘Wait…I can’t have two boyfriends can I? NO! Aigoo, what am I, a player?! Why would I even think that? It’s not like Jaehyo Oppa, and I are anything more than friends.’

“Take as long as you need. I won’t push you to say it before you’re ready.” Jinyoung said snapping her out of her thoughts.

______ smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Thank you, for being patient with me, Jinyoungie.”

“Mm…yah…are you ready to say it yet?” he joked. “Do you love me now?”

“YAH!” she whined and pouted. “You said…”

“I’m just kidding!!~” he laughed, pinching her cheeks. “Your pouty face is too adorable!~”

 

 

____________________________________________

Poor Jaehyo!~ (TT^TT)

I'd be conflicted too if I had those two gorgeous guys to choose from! XD

Hmm...I say ______ should just keep them both. Problem solved!~ haha