Chapter 13

Like Strangers

 

 

 

Jinyoung and Jaehyo watched as ______ put her skates on and tried to stand up.

“She’s really struggling.” Jinyoung laughed.

“I knew I should have brought bubble wrap. I made sure she brought the first aid kit though.”

The two guys chuckled and high-fived each other.

“Oh yeah, good call! She still might need it.”

“YAH!” ______ whined and glared at them. “I can hear you, you know?!”

“We know, but this is just too amusing.” Jaehyo said. “I don’t know if you can do it. It’s too much for you.”

______ stood up straight and gave the guys a look that said ‘I did it!and what Batch?!’

“YAH! See Oppa? I can stand up, just fine.” She said sticking out her tongue at him.

She wobbled a little bit and almost fell but got her balance back.

“You were saying?”

“Yah, shut up.”

“Yah, Grace just wait until you get on the ice and then we’ll see.”

She stared at him.

“Yah, My name is not Grace!”

“But you’re so graceful when you fall. Light as a feather!~” he teased, fluttering his fingers through the air. “Yah, remember when you had the biggest crush on Onew from SHINee?”

______ turned to glare at him.

“Liar!~” she growled pointing at him. “You liar!”

“Onew from SHINee?” Jinyoung chimed in.

“I did not have a huge crush on Onew!! Just because he’s my bias in SHINee it doesn’t mean I had a crush on him.”

“Mhm…sure.”

“Nah, I liked someone else back then and it was just to cover it up.” She said with a grin. “I love SHINee but I’m not that obsessed. Jinyoungie, don’t listen to this person, he doesn’t know what he is saying.”

“Well even if you did have a crush on Onew. It’s not like he’s my competition right?” Jinyoung said confidently.

“Of course not.” She giggled and turned to Jaehyo. “See Oppa?”

‘She had a crush on someone else and didn’t tell me?! I thought best friends tell each other everything. Why wouldn’t she tell me about this crush?’

Jaehyo was so lost in thought he didn’t even realize that she was talking to him.

______ waved her hands in front of his face.

“Yah, Derpy Oppa!~ Close your mouth, you’ll swallow a bug.” She said pushing his chin up, to close his mouth for him. “Have you forgotten how to speak? Yah Oppa, lay of the Star Craft, will you?”

“Don’t you dare come between a computer nerd and his beloved video games. Do you want to get your arms amputated?”

“Well, he’s okay.” She giggled zipping up the hoodie she had on.

"______-ah, whose jacket is that?" Jinyoung asked. ‘It looks like a guy’s hoodie.’

Jaehyo turned to look and chuckled.

"Yeah, Seo ______, that jacket sure looks familiar.”

“Oh, does it?”

“Mhm well it was mine. I think it went missing from MY closet about 3 years ago."

"Yeah, whatever, it looks better on me anyways. You didn't even know what to match it with."

"I did too, camouflage, stripes, polka dots, zebra and paisley."

"THAT, is why someone needed to dress you. Poor Abeonim and Eomeonim were so embarrassed that they asked for my help."

"Well, now, I do perfectly fine on my own. I dress myself now and the ladies like it." Jaehyo said cockily.

"Really?"

"No, not really. Have I ever had a girlfriend before?"

“That’s true.” She laughed.

“My geek side comes out and people wonder what kind of drugs I’m on.”

“Wait, you have a geek side?” Jinyoung asked curiously. “I thought you’re like the biggest Kingka in the school. Captain of the sports teams and stuff.”

“Jinyoungie, you didn’t notice the power point he did for our project?” ______ asked. “That was really done on his own. You haven’t realized that he’s not human? Ahn Jaehyo is a robot. That would definitely explain a lot.”

“Yah, I thought you came here for another suicide attempt.” Jaehyo said.

“You agree that she must be suicidal?!” Jinyoung chuckled.

“Well, a person this clumsy that tries to do all these things, yeah, she’s unintentionally attempting suicide.”

“Seriously, have I told you how much I hate you both.”

“No, you said we , though.”

“Well, I’m saying it now. I hate you!”

She got on the ice and was doing fine.

She skated about five feet, on her own, and fell on her .

“Ow!~” She whined.

Jaehyo was just about to skate over to help her when Jinyoung beat him to it.

“______-ah! Are you okay?” Jinyoung asked holding out a hand to her. “Do you need some help?”

“I am such a fail…’

“Nah…you did great for about 5 seconds.” He chuckled and pulled her to her feet.

‘That’s right…she has a boyfriend now.’ Jaehyo thought.

“Could you, maybe, stay out of trouble for a while?” Jinyoung . “I’d rather you didn’t get hurt for the rest of the day, alright?”

“Hmm…well I’m not making any promises.”

“If you feel like you’re going to fall, hold onto me.” He said sweetly.

“If I grab onto you, you’ll fall with me.”

“Nah, my balance is a lot better than yours! It’ll cancel it out.”

“YAH! How can you say something so sweet and then insult me, immediately afterwards.”

“Your pouty face is cute, that’s why.” He chuckled and held on tightly to both of her hands. “Come on.

They were enjoying themselves until.

“WHOA!~~ Jinyoungie Hyung, ______ Noona, Look out!!!” Gongchan squealed as he came straight them, trying to slow down.

The maknae caused the domino effect, crashing into Jinyoung, knocking him into Baro, who fell onto Sandeul, as they smashed CNU at the bottom.

“Dog pile!!!~”  Gongchan laughed. “That was fun!~”

“Ow! Easy for you to say, Channie, You’re on top and I’m smashed in the middle!~” Baro whined.

“Big deal!~ I’m at the bottom! Yah! I can’t breathe!” CNU complained. “Why am I on the bottom?”

“You’re the eldest Hyung.” Sandeul pointed out.

“Then shouldn’t Jinyoungie be at the bottom, since he’s the leader?” CNU asked trying to squirm out from under them.

 “YAH! Ham-Biro’s face is too close, he’s trying to kiss me!~ KYAAA! Aww!~”

“Yah, yeah right! Why would I kiss you?!” the rapper grumbled. “Yuck!~”

“Aigoo!~” Jinyoung said getting up to dust himself off.

“Omro!!~” ______ laughed and clapped her hands. “That was daebak!~ Hahira Yah, Jae Oppa, there’s the human bowling you mentioned. Oh, where did Jaehyo Oppa go?”

‘She’s so happy and didn’t even realize that I walked away. I don’t know why I came.’ Jaehyo thought as he watched from a distance. ‘I’m glad she’s happy.’

Later that evening he walked home with her.

“Did you have fun today?” Jaehyo asked.

“Mhm…” she giggled. “Today was great. What about you?”

“Yeah.” He replied. ‘That’s not a complete lie. I did have fun today. I just didn’t think it would hurt so much seeing them get all lovey-dovey and date-like. I’m not her boyfriend and I never was…so why am I getting so jealous?’

 

_____________________________________________________

Awww Jealous Jaehyo (TT^TT)