Chapter 35

Like Strangers

 

 

 

______ arrived at school, with her hands around Jaehyo's arm.

They sat down at the Block B table.

The guys noticed the cell phone charms, instantly.

"Wow, what is that fluffy thing?" Taeil teased.

"It looks like a heart, Hyung." P.O. said.

"Wow, leave it to Jaehyo Hyung." Zico chuckled. "It's a girl’s thing."

"Aniya, it’s manly. I'm not too embarrassed to carry this around." Jaehyo grinned. "It's manly to be faithful in a relationship. Therefore, this fluffy, plush heart is manly."That was coming from a guy who was, mentally, dating Hello Kitty a few months back."

"Whoa! THAT, actually, made a bit of sense!" U-Kwon chuckled.

"Hyung, Hello Kitty is manly too! She is for the manliest of men."

"Right, it must require a great deal of swag to win her over?"

"That's why she dumped him, isn't it?" Kyung asked. "Jiho was too smooooth~~."

"Grease is contagious." Zico sighed.

"Nah, I hang out with him and I'm not greasy." Jaehyo said.

______ gave him a look.

"Don't lie."

"M-Mwo?" he stammered. "______ie! How could you say that?"

"You're not THAT innocent Oppa."

"I am very innocent."

B-Bomb scoffed.

"Well, we ALL know that it's better to believe ______, since whatever Jaehyo says is probably a load of BS."

"Cruel friends." Jaehyo pouted. "All of you."

"Even me?" ______ asked, pointing both thumbs at herself.

"Especially you!~ Seo ______, is the worst."

______ giggled and playfully pushed him.

"Shut up."

"See?!? What did I tell you?!" he whined, rubbing his arm pretending to be hurt.

"Jaehyo Sunbae!!~" a group of girls squealed.

They ran over to the table.

"Yah, Seo ______!!"

"What?!" ______ shouted back.

"Why are you always here?!"

"Why are YOU always here?" she echoed.

"Why are you always clinging to Jaehyo Sunbae?"

"Right back at you."

"Why don't you go away and leave him alone?!"

"Take your own advice."

Jaehyo chuckled at her comebacks.

"You're wasting your time."

"Nope, YOU are wasting my time."

"ARRGHH!!!~~" one grumbled, throwing a fit because she wasn't getting her way.

"I'm sorry, could you repeat that? This time in Korean. I don't speak cave woman."

One girl narrowed her eyes at ______.

"See, THIS is why you have no friends."

"What are WE then?" Taeil asked. "Cat litter?"

"Aww...I always wanted a kitten!~~"

"You can't have a kitten!" Jaehyo said firmly.

"Wae?!"

"You're allergic to cats! You and Park Kyung are allergic to cats."

"Ooh, Noona, we have something in common."

Kyung high-hived her.

"You don't need a cat anyway, you have Kim Yukwon." B-Bomb said.

"True!!" they all nodded in agreement.

"Mhm, I can be any animal imaginable."

"YAH!!" A girl screamed.

"Ignore them and maybe they'll leave." Zico whispered.

"Jaehyo Sunbae!!~~ I need a tutor."

"Sorry, I'm busy. My schedule is all filled up. You'll need to find someone else."

"But you're the smartest, most handsome guy in school."

"Oh, I know that, but you still need to find someone else."

"But we can have study breaks..."

______ glared at them.

"Do you want to die?" she growled. "I know what you're suggesting! Jaehyo Oppa is not that kind of guy."

Jaehyo stood up and picked up his book bag.

He had had enough of that and was ready to go to class.

"I got to get to class. ______-ah, you coming?" he said. "If you're a minute early, you're late."

______ nodded.

“Mhm, I’ll see you guys later.” She said.

She glared daggers at the girls and walked off with Jaehyo.

Taeil looked at the time on his cell phone.

“Class doesn’t start for another FIFTEEN minutes. He’s punctual, but never THAT early.”

P.O. shrugged.

“Well, maybe Jaehyo Hyung and ______ Noona had something to do, before class?” he suggested.

“I’d bet they did.” Zico chuckled.

“Probably making good use of his birthday gift from me.” Kyung chimed in. “I knew he would.”

“What did you give him?” U-Kwon asked.

“Probably something dirty.” Zico laughed. “What was it? Something y?”

“It could be y…if you use it.”

Jaehyo and ______ walked into class and took their seats.

He looked over at her.

“Yah, why are you SO far away?” he whined.

He reached out, grabbed her chair and pulled her closer.

“Eep!~” she squeaked, from the sudden movement. “Yah, Oppa!~”

“Ne?” he said innocently.

She smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Dork.”

He turned off his phone ringer, and placed it on the corner of his desk.

“There we go, now EVERYONE can see it!~” he announced. “You should do the same. That way, they’ll see mine and yours…then piece it together.”

______ giggled.

“What about the fact that our desks are THIS close? I mean, my chair is, practically, IN your lap.” She pointed out.

“Well, that ought to tip them off too. Don’t you think?” he asked.

“Aigoo!~ Why don’t you just start on tonight’s homework already?” she whined.

“Already did it.” He stated simply. “So after Basketball practice, you and I could go out. How about bowling? Or the arcade? Or noraebang? Or the zoo? Or the animal shelter?”

“Animal shelter?” she blinked at him. “Why the animal shelter?”

“I don’t know!~” he shrugged. “I’m just throwing some random things out there.”

“Aw…I wanted to go adopt a kitten.”

“You are NOT adopting a kitten!!! Aish!! You know that you’re allergic. Your eyes get all red and puffy, then your nose gets stuffed and you can stop sneezing. Are you trying to die? No kitties for you!”

“But…I always asked Santa for a kitty for Christmas and I NEVER got one!”

“Santa was smart and knew that you’d die if you got a cat so he didn’t give you one.”

“LIAR! You wrote a letter to Santa too, didn’t you?! You told him not to bring me a kitty!” she whined, pointing her finger in his face. “Admit it!”

“Mhm…I did. I told Santa that my best friend is crazy by asking, and that you must be a suicidal to ask every year.  He must be against, children getting sick when it could be prevented. Who would’ve thought?! I begged him to never bring you a cat. Either that, or he could get you one of those ugly, hairless ones.”

“Eww! I want a fluffy cat.” She pouty.

“Do you also want to not be able to see…or breathe? Yah, MICHEOSEO?! No animal shelter then. Let’s spend the rest of the day at the arcade.”

______ looked at him and laughed.

“ Fine! We won’t go adopt a kitten, BUT we are NOT going to the arcade either!”

Jaehyo pouted and whimpered like a child.

“Aww…WAE?!”

“You don’t need to play any more video games. You might as well just have an arcade in your house.”

“When we get married we should have one!” He suggested. “That will be…”

“NO…” she laughed. “Yah…did you say married?”

Jaehyo chuckled.

“You didn’t hear our parents on New Years, a few years ago?”

 

--------------------------Flashback-------------------------------------------------

 

 Jaehyo was sitting in the living room, having a conversation with Jaeheon.

______ came in, wearing a pink and lavender hanbok.

Jaehyo’s jaw dropped.

Jaeheon rolled his eyes and pushed his brother’s chin up.

“Aish, you’re like this EVERY year. You really do look like a derp with your mouth WIDE OPEN! Yah, close your mouth once in a while…okay?”

Jaehyo blinked and turned to look at Jaeheon.

“Mwo? Hyung, did you say something?” he asked.

“Aigoo!~” Jaeheon chuckled, smacking him upside the head.

“YAH! My Hair!!!~~~”  Jaehyo whined, frantically trying to fix it. “I have to look good.”

“You never look good, dork!”

“Likewise!”

“Yah, just for that…I’m going to mess it up, even more.” Jaeheon chuckled, ruffling up Jaehyo’s hair.

“ANDWAE!! ANDWAE!!!~~~ STOP IT, HYUNG!!!!!~~”

______ giggled.

“Jaehyo Oppa, you look better when your hair has volume anyway.” She said, fluffing his hair up a little bit.

He blushed, a lot.

Both sets of parents walked in, just as ______ was finishing up fixing Jaehyo’s hair.

“They are the cutest, aren’t they Jaeheon?” Mr. Ahn asked.

“I suppose…” he sighed.

“They would give us gorgeous, grandchildren, right?” Mr. Seo chuckled.

______ and Jaehyo just stood there, in shock.

“M-M-M-M-M-M-Mwoya?!?!?!” Jaehyo stammered. “A-Abeoji….Abeonim….”

Jaeheon chuckled.

“Ahh…they are turning as pink as ______’s hanbok.” He teased. “I wouldn’t mind having ______ie as my sister-in-law.”

Hearing that, just made the two turn redder.

______’s mother smiled.

“They do make a VERY good looking couple though, don’t they?”

______ and Jaehyo looked at each other, then quickly looked away when their eyes met.

“…”

______ was fiddling, awkward, with the skirt of her hanbok.

“They DO look good standing next to each other.” Jaehyo’s mother added. “Look at their hanboks too! They look like a married couple!”

“UMMA!!!~~~” Jaehyo whined. “Aish…”

They just stood there while their parents continued to discuss it.

“Aigoo~” Jaehyo and ______ sighed.

 

----------End of Flashback-------------------------------------------

 

“I don’t think they’ve stopped.” ______ giggled. “I think they planned it, you know?”

“You mean, the matching hanboks? My purple hanbok, and your lavender and pink one? Yeah, I’m sure they did. They have probably been planning our wedding…since the day we met.”

“Probably.” She giggled. “What would you do if they were?”

Jaehyo smirked.

“Me? I’d be ABSOLUTELY fine with it. In fact, I’d be more than fine. ECSTATIC!!~~~”

______ sighed and nodded her head.

“I can picture it now. You’ll be blasting 2ne1’s ‘I Am The Best’, while doing the T-Ara ‘Roly Poly’ dance. Oh wait…you’ve already done that!” she giggled.

“Ha ha!~” he said sarcastically. “I’m perfectly Normal.”

She looked at him and shook her head.

“Not even close.”

Jinyoung walked into the class and froze for a moment.

It had been a couple of months since their break up, but it still hurt.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Jinyoung-ssi!” Jaehyo greeted.

Jinyoung bowed to him.

“Annyeonghaseyo.”

“Jinyoungie!~” ______ squealed. “Annyeong!~”

She scooted her seat away from Jaehyo’s desk, back to the original spot.

“Annyeong!” he said with a smile.

“What have you been up to lately?” she asked turning to face him.

“Nothing much, just writing song for the group.” He told her.

Jinyoung pulled out his lyric book.

“Whoa! It looks nearly full!”

“It is.” He chuckled.

They heard something drop and then a girlish shriek.

“Mwo…”

______ couldn’t keep a straight face.

“Yah, Oppa, you scream like a girl!”

“YAH, I dropped my phone!” he whined, dusting the dirt off of it. “The screen is cracked!~”

“Oh god, is the world going to come to an end now?” she teased.

Jaehyo pouted and nodded.

“YES! It just might! My electronics are my babies!~”

Zico popped his head in.

“I heard a girly scream and thought that Jaehyo Hyung might be in labor or something.” He said.

“Woo Jiho…DAEBAK!!~~” she giggled, giving him thumbs up.

Jaehyo had a blank, babo expression on his face.

His mouth hung wide open.

“Yah! Woo Jiho!!~”

“Annyeong!~” he shouted, running off to his own class.

Jaehyo looked at ______.

“It’s not THAT funny.”

“Yes, yes, it is!” She laughed. “He just randomly came in to troll you and then ran off. It’s pretty hilarious to me!”

 

 

 

__________________________________________________________

The Team Black Dragon Leader Kills me.

I made it...10 seconds into the "Nanrina" MV before I started to spaz...just from the back of Jaehyo's head. i just knew it was him before seeing his face ♥ Then I thought, "Um...why the hell would someone give this derp a lighter?! He might accidently set himself...or something else on fire!!"

I'm not the only one, right? >_< haha

NOOOO! Minhyuk, we need that!!!! ;D

 

 

 

PS: Add me on Facebook if you want. ^-^

https://www.facebook.com/kailani.doanehiga