Chapter 23

Like Strangers

 

 

Jaehyo and ______ were sitting in her living room looking through old photo albums.

“Aww…we were so cute!~”

“I showed these to Jinyoungie.” She giggled.

Jaehyo made a face, at the mention of his name.

“Mhm…and what did he say?”

“He was shocked by your transformation and didn’t recognize you.”

“I got made fun of a lot back then.” He sighed, closing the album, putting it down next to him.

“I know, I remember.”

“I had to make the change. It was easier. Well, some of it was easier. I became, more, confident.”

She laughed at that.

“Gee, you think?!~” she said sarcastically.

Jaehyo scoffed.

“Yah! What is that supposed to mean?!” he chuckled.

“Your confidence went from zero to infinity!” she pointed out. “it just sky rocketed, through the roof, into the next universe!”

“Are you calling me, cocky?” he asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

“Yes sir!~” she giggled. “Have you seen your phone?”

“What about my phone?!” he asked defensively.

______ grabbed Jaehyo’s cell phone off of the table and showed it to him.

“Look at it? What do you see?” she giggled.

“Aish!~ I look good!!~” he said fixing his hair, using his phone screen as a mirror.

“Aigoo!~ See what I mean?! Your cell phone has a mirror screen protector on it.” She said, rolling her eyes at him.

“Yah, I was just kidding, I look like something that came out of a cow’s .” He said.

______ shook her head.

“Nah, manure is prettier!~” she said earning a glare from him.

“YAH!” he whined and started to tickle her.

______ laughed and tried to squirm her way out of his grasp.

“Stop it!~~ STOP!!!~” she squealed.

“Take it back!~”

“No!~”

“Yah, Seo ______! How dare you say that manure is prettier than me?!~ You know that’s not true!~ Take it back!~” he said tickling her even more.

“No, NEVER!!!~”

“Seo _____!!~”

“Manure is beautiful.”

Jaehyo glared at her.

“Yah, I remember every single one of your ticklish spots! Especially…this one!~” he said moving to tickle her neck.

Being the clumsy person she is, ______ fell over, in an attempt to get away, causing Jaehyo to fall on top of her.

“Jaehyo Oppa…” she said softly, as her cheeks turned faintly pink.

His eyes connected with hers.

Their faces were so close, that he could feel her hot breath on his lips.

“______-ah…”

“W-What are you…”

“______-ah, I...”

“Yah…Oppa…”

He leaned down and lightly brushed his lips to hers.

He half-expected her to reject him.

______ ran her fingers through the back of her hair, kissing him back.

He tilted her chin upward, deepening the kiss.

It felt like it lasted forever.

"Oppa?"

'Wait...how is she talking? Her lips are busy.'

"Yah...earth to Jae Oppa. Come in, Jaehyo Oppa." she giggled, waving a hand in front of his face.

"Huh? What?" he said, lost in a daze. ‘WHAT THE?!?!?!?!’

"Yah, did you just zone out? Where did you go? Back to your home planet?"

"What? N-No..." he stuttered, snapping back into reality.

"Oppa, can I ask you a favor?"

"Um...s-sure."

"Could you, please, get off of me?"

"What?" he said.

He looked down, realizing he was still on top of her, and blushed bright red.

"You're kind of crushing me!~" she whined.

"Oh, sorry!" he said, quickly jumping to his feet.

"Thank you...I can breathe now." she teased, taking a deep breath, in.

Jaehyo blinked, repeatedly, trying to grasp what just happened.

Then, it hit him.

'Aish! I was imagining it all?!' he thought. 'That super hott kiss....wasn't really happening? What the...WHY?!?! Why me?!?!?!'

"Um...Oppa, are you okay?" she asked, staring at him curiously.

"Oh...um...yeah."

"Really? Are you sure? You kind of look like you're having some sort of an inward battle."

"No, I'm good." he said with a smile. "S-So...besides me and Son Nuh uh...who else knows?"

"Who else knows?!" she asked, confused. "Who else knows, about what?!"

"Your crush on me..."

"Oh..." she said softly. "That's it...n-no, wait..."

"There's someone else?"

"Channie..." she said softly.

"Channie..." he repeated. "Channie?!? As in, Gong Chansik?!"

"Mhm..." she nodded.

"Gong Chansik, as in, B1A4 maknae? The group that Jung Jinyoung is the leader of? Jung Jinyoung, your boyfriend?!"

She nodded again.

"I completely forgot that I told him. Maybe he doesn't remember"

"Aigoo!~" Jaehyo sighed. “Well, it’s in the past?”

“what?” she asked, looking at him in confusion.

“Your feelings for me, are they gone?”

______ looked away to avoid his eyes.

“Wow, it’s getting so cold! I think I’m going to go close the window.”

“Why are you avoiding the question?”

“Hmm…how about some hot tea, or coffee? Doesn’t that sound good?”

“Yah, Seo ______!!” he scolded.

“Yes?” she replied, innocently.

Jaehyo stared at her.

“Do your feelings for me, still exist?” he asked.

______ sighed.

 “Oppa, I told you before, I’m working on getting over these feelings.”

“So you aren’t over me yet?!~” he asked, a bit too excitedly.

He felt happy to hear that.

“I’m trying.” She said.

“Tell me something.” He asked, nervously twiddling his thumbs.

“What is it?”

“How did you meet him? What is he like? What does he do? How is his personality? Is he…”

“YAH! What’s with all of the questions?” she yelled, cutting him off.

“I just want to know, what brought you together.” He said softly.

“Honest truth, it was you. You were on my mind at the moment that I met Jung Jinyoung. I missed you and I didn’t want to see you with other girls. I had to get away and he was just...there.”

“So…it’s me that brought you together, pretty much?! That’s just…great.” He muttered, sarcastically. “Do you think we would’ve been a good couple?”

“What?”

“Do you remember the one thing, you always said, makes for good couples?”

“Friendship…”

“So, is that a yes?” he asked softly.

“There was a time, that all I thought about was you. During the year we spent apart. We ignored each other, but you were always on my mind. What difference would it make, if I say yes?! I have a boyfriend, and I won’t cheat on him.”

“You have feelings for me. You’re already keeping secrets from him.”

“Stop bringing it up!!” she snapped. “I’m trying to forget my feelings for you, why won’t you let me?! Quit playing around!”

“I’m not playing!!” he snapped back. “I’m being, completely, serious right now!”

“You’re being cocky.” She said trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to fall.

“Maybe…I’m just…hoping…”

“Why?! What for?!”

“I’m hoping that those feelings, that you have for me, never change.”

“WHY?! So I can be miserable, forever?!?!”

Jaehyo looked at her.

“I-I make you miserable?”

“Oppa…”

“Does having feelings for me, hurt you so much?”

“No…”

“Then what’s wrong with me?! Am I not good enough? I changed, and I made myself better, just for you.” He snapped. “THIS! The whole makeover, I did it for you!”

“What?” she said, wide-eyed.

“What idiot put initials, like this, for a best friend?” he asked pulling the ring out of his shirt to show to her. “Do you want to know what this ring means to me?! This is my heart, for you. You are the one person that never, ever judged me. You accepted me and made me feel like I was enough. Now, everyone likes me for my looks, but you see the real me, the person that I have always been.”

“Why did you change? Who told you that you needed to make yourself over, for me?”

“Who do you think?!”

______ scoffed.

“Of course, little miss Drama Starter herself?” she said and looked at the ring. “I never even realized it.”

“We both didn’t. We were blind, to the other’s feelings. I mean, I know there are a few guys that like you. I hear them whispering and I want to make them into eunuchs. The things they say. I just don’t understand why you liked me, when you could do better.”

“That’s the thing, no one noticed. You were like a hidden treasure. I wanted to be selfish and keep you to myself. Even if I do, still have these feelings for you…I have to get rid of them. I’m not being fair to Jinyoungie. I do, have strong feelings for him, and I still feel like I'm being pulled both ways."

"I'm not pushing you, I won't force you to love me."

"I don't want to cheat on him. He deserves better than that and so do you." she said.

Jaehyo wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close, and whispered to her.

"I plan on being in your life forever…I can never let you go, because no matter how hard I try, I just can’t. If I have to wait for you, I will. I’d wait forever. You’re worth waiting for.”

'Aigoo! Thank you, oppa, for confusing me even more!!!~' ______ thought. 'His heart, is one of the reasons that I fell for him.'

_________________________________________________________

Well this was one bipolar-ish Jinyoungie-less chapter.

Jaehyo's daydream makeout and a lot of feelings coming out.. XD haha