Chapter 3

Like Strangers

 

 

 

“You still called me y.” He said. ‘I’m not blushing right now, right? AISH!’ “Yah, why do you look so nice today?”

“Oh, do I?”

“Yeah, you look different today. You have lip-gloss on. YAH! Who the hell are you planning on kissing?! I object!!”

‘Is he jealous? He thinks it’s for another guy? I’ll save my confession for later then.’

“No seriously, you did your hair and everything! YAH! What’s with that skirt?! It’s too short, go change right now!”

“It’s not too short! It meets the school dress code. It’s fingertip length, Oppa.”

‘AISH! She shouldn’t wear skirts, they are too revealing. Who is she dressing up for?’ he thought.

Later in school she was talking to a girl Naeun about confessing to Jaehyo.

“Unnie, you want to confess to him?! Why him?! He’s kind of a freak.”

“Yeah…I know but that’s what I like about him.” ______ said. “His clothes don’t match and he’s a complete nerd but I like him.”

“Wait…WHAT?! Am I…missing something here? You’re talking about that…Ahn Jaehyo?! The one with fashion sense…at all?”

“Yeah…that’s the one.”

“Why would you want him?”

“You just don’t see him the way that I do.”

The bell rang telling them it was time to get back to class.

Just then, a guy walked over to them.

“Yeah…obviously.” Naeun said looking him over. “Oh…Soohyun Sunbae!~”

“Annyeong, Seo ______!~”

“Soohyun sunbae.”

“You look amazing today. I like what you did with your hair.”

“Oh…um…Thank you.”

“I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah…later.”

‘How dare she flirt with him!’ Naeun thought. ‘Unnie knows that I like Soohyun sunbae!’

“That was weird.”

“He didn’t even bother to say hi to me…”

“Aww…Naeunnie, I’m sure he was just in a rush.”

“You didn’t have to flirt with him.” Naeun grumbled and walked away.

“Who flirted with him?! All I did was thank him. What the hell…now I’m missing something.” ______ said.

“______-ah! Why are you talking to yourself. Hurry up and get to class.” Jaehyo said coming up behind her.

“Aigoo! Fine, ‘Mr. Wannabe Hall Monitor’. I will obey you.”

“You better obey me. Move it!”

“Look who’s talking! You get to class.”

“Ladies first~”

“Oh, whatever you derp.” She giggled. “You don’t want to be late and mess up that perfect attendance record of yours.”

“Aish! That’s true! Stop talking to me!! Aigoo!~” he said running towards his class.

“Meet me at lunch okay?”

“Don’t I always? Yah! Quit making me later! Gotta go!~”

______ rolled her eyes at him.

‘Yep, that’s the guy I’m so completely in love with. I think my brain is broken or something.’

She couldn’t stop smiling throughout that whole class.

At lunch time she was walking to meet Jaehyo when she saw him talking to Naeun.

She kissed his cheek and walked away.

“W-what was that?” ______ said coming over. ‘Why did she kiss him?!’

“I think I have a date with Son Naeun on Friday night.”

“WHAT?!” ______ shouted. ‘I can’t believe she would flirt with him and then ask him out! She knows how I feel about him? How could she betray me like that?!

 

“Yeah! How awesome is that?! Waaa!~”

“But…Friday Night is our Movie night.”

“Oh…yeah. Well we could do that on Saturday instead.”

“But it’s been our tradition for years.”

“Come on! It’s my first date! We could move it…just this once? Please, ______-ah?! For me?!”

“Um…yeah.”

“We still have every single other Friday for the rest of our lives, right?”

“Oh….right…”

“Is it alright if I…go and have lunch with her?”

“Oh…um…yeah. No problem.”

Jaehyo wrapped his arms around her in a huge bear hug.

“Thank you!!! ______-ah, you’re the best. I’ll see you later!”

‘Yeah…I’m the best. That’s still not good enough though. Why is Naeun doing this to me? She knew that I was going to confess to him today. So much for that…’ she thought and went to go have lunch by herself.

After school she waited for him but saw him with Naeun.

“Oh, ______-ah! You waited for me?” Jaehyo said when he saw her standing there.

“Yeah…I always do.”

“Um…Naeun and I are going to hang out right now, so…you didn’t need to wait for me. We’re going to the mall for a while.”

“Fine…” ______ said.

 “Aish…I forgot my laptop in my locker.”

“Go get it. I can wait here.” Naeun said sweetly.

“Okay, I’ll be right back!”

Jaehyo ran back into the school leaving the two girls here.

“How does it feel?”

“What?” ______ asked turning to look at Naeun. “What are you talking about?”

“You took my guy, now I’m taking yours.”

“Naeun, what the hell are you talking about?”

“You know very well, what I’m talking about! Soohyun sunbae.”

“I don’t want Soohyun sunbae!”

“Well he wants you. All because you flirted with him today.”

“I did not flirt with him!”

“You did too!”

“I trusted you!”

“Yeah well…that was your mistake.”

______ sighed and turned to walk away.

‘Yeah that was my mistake. This is why I don’t make friends with girls’

That evening ______ was sitting up in the tree house in her backyard.  

“I should have done it this morning. Why did I wait? I just don’t understand why...why would Naeun do that? Whatever…”

“______-ah?”

She quickly wiped her tears away.

“Jae Oppa...”

Jaehyo came up.

“Abeonim told me that you were up here. What…are you crying?! W-why?! What’s wrong?”

“Oh…Um…I was reading a book.”

“Your nose is all red. You really are a sensitive and easy crier. What’s it about?”

“What?”

“The book…that you were reading that made you cry so much.” He said wiping away her tears.

“A girl likes a guy and she tells a friend about it. Then that so called friend asks the guy out because she thinks that girl flirted with her crush.”

“Did she?”

“Nope.”

“Then the guy is an idiot for trusting the other girl. Why be with someone who doesn’t really like you when you can be with someone who truly loves you?”

______ just stared at him and finally noticed his outfit.

“Did you raid someone’s closet or something?”

“Oh, you noticed? No, I went shopping with Naeun and she picked out some things for me. I just have to wait for my contacts. I’m kind of thinking about going blonde too. Naeun suggested it.”

‘She’s completely changing him?! What the hell?! He’s perfect the way he is. He does look really good right now.’ She thought. “Blonde?! You’re seriously going to go blonde?”

“Well I know that it’s a drastic change but…” he said.

“This is ALL a drastic change.” ______ snapped.

“This is the kind of guy she likes.”

“You’re changing yourself completely, just so a girl likes you. Some shallow girl? I thought you were great the way you are.”

“I don’t want to be alone forever!”

“Alone? You’ve been alone all this time? Oh, silly me. I thought we had each other this whole time.”

“Wait…that’s not what I meant! ______-ah, I mean a woman.”

“Oh, so now I’m not a woman? What do I look like?! A GUY?!”

“Damn it! That came out wrong too! I didn’t mean it like that!”

"Yeah, whatever I'm tired. I'm going to bed early." she said.

"But we didn't get to hang out today..."

______ just shrugged and walked down the ladder.

'Is really THAT angry at me?' he thought.

 

 

____________________________________________________________

Yep...she's pissed...

Grrrr Naeun...me no likey you!~