Chapter 1

Like Strangers

 

 

 

Jaehyo was sitting in ______’s room playing video games with her when they heard a scream coming from her father’s office.

“Yeobo…what is it?” ______’s mother asked.

"Aish...our internet connection is going crazy again." Mr. Seo said. "I need to call the repair man."

"No need for that Abeonim!" Jaehyo said running in with ______ behind him. "I could save you time and you don't to pay me a cent."

“Jaehyo, you could fix this?”

“Yeah it’s pretty simple to do.”

"Jae Oppa, What can't you do?!"

"Besides get a date? Nothing...I'm perfect."

______ rolled her eyes.

“I’m sorry that I asked…” she muttered under her breath. ‘Such a derp…’

“Thanks Jaehyo, I’ve been working on this presentation for months.”

“No problem, Abeonim.” Jaehyo said and got straight to work.

His eyes furrowed as he concentrated, hard, on getting it fixed.

‘I’m not going to lie…he looks pretty hott right now. He’s y when he’s in his nerd mode. ’ ______ thought. ‘Aigoo!~ my crush on Jae Oppa is driving me insane.’

“How long with it be? My deadline in three days from now.”

“I’m done.”

Jaehyo turned the computer back to Mr. Seo.

“You’re done?!” ______ and her parents all shouted together in surprise.

“Yeah, it was pretty easy. All I had to do was…”

He started to explain in big words that no one else in that room understood.

‘All I’m hearing is…blah blah blah. I have no idea what he is saying, but damn he is adorable when he’s speaking in that alien language.’ ______ thought, unable to take her eyes off of him.

Ahn Jaehyo was one of those guys that were picked on just because he was smart and loved to do his homework and play a lot of computer games in his spare time.

______ snapped out of her trance when she noticed him waving his hands in front of her face.

“______-ah! It’s creepy to sleep with your eyes open, don’t you know that?”

“Yah!” she whined and playfully smacked his arm.

“Let’s go finish our game so I can beat you again!”

“You will not! You are so going down, Oppa!”

“We’ll see!” he chuckled as they went back to her room to finish up their game.

After a few more minutes, the game was over and he had won again.

“CHEATER!!~” ______ shouted pointing her finger at him.

“YES! I win, AGAIN!!!~” Jaehyo yelled throwing his fists into the air.

"No, you did not!~”

“Why? Why? Why?” he whined.

“You CHEATED again…”

"Nah, I just got skills."

"Yeah...it’s called 'cheat codes', Mr. Computer Nerd!"

“You know my nerdiness is daebak!~” he said giving her two thumbs up.

______ made a face and put down her video game controller.

"Oh, Jae Oppa?" she asked sweetly.

"Hmm?!"

"Why…Why are you so derpy?!"

He looked at her with that derp expression on his face, the one that was always there.

"D-derpy?! Yah! I'll have you know that I am at the top of our class. I'm a computer genius and who do people call when they need help with glitch electronics?! I am awesome!~ Admit it!"

"Yeah…but...doesn't change that you act like a complete idiot."

He hugged her tight.

"______-ah, you are my best friend in the whole world."

"Yah!! Let me go, you big derp!!”

“Not until you tell me that I’m awesome, you love me, and I’m the most amazing friend you will ever have.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, I guess so...”

“I know all of your ticklish spots! Say it or I’ll tickle you!~”

“NO, you and you cheat at video games.”

"Yah!" he growled and started to tickle her sides. “Say it!!”

“NEVER!!!~” she laughed and he just tickled her more.

“Come on! Say it! Ahn Jaehyo is daebak!!~ SAY IT!!~”

“Ahn Jaehyo is…d-…”

“Dae~…bak!~ Dae~…bak!~” he guided her by pronouncing each syllable separately.

“D-…”

“You’re getting it! Dae~…Bak!~~”

“DERPTASTIC!~”

“YES! That’s right!~” he said and she started to laugh uncontrollably. “Wait…WHAT?! YAH!! What the hell is ‘derptastic’?!”

“You, of course!” she teased backing away from him.

“Little girl, you are SO going to suffer because of that!!!~ Get back here!”

“No way!” she laughed running out of the room.

Later that night they were watching a movie in his room.

“What are we watching anyway?” he asked. ‘Tell me, you are NOT forcing me to watch a chick flick?”

“I’m not forcing you to watch a chick flick.”

“You are too!!~ look at this, you can tell by the cover, this is going to be a chick flick.”

“Romantic comedy!”

“I’m not watching that!”

 

“Aww! Come on, Jae Oppa! Who stood in line with you for HOURS AND HOURS just so you could buy your precious Halo video game, as soon as it was released?!”

“Aish! You’re using that against me?! I don’t have any guy friends!”

“Well I don’t have any girls to hang out with. You’re my boyfriend substitute.”

“Aigoo!~ It’s a good thing you’re adorable!” He grumbled. “Fine! I’ll watch it with you!”

“YAY!!~ Thanks Oppa!! I love you!!!~”

“You lie!~” he chuckled. “You just use me so that you have a buddy to watch these movies with.”

“Yeah…that’s probably true too.” She giggled.

Jaehyo sighed and shook his head.

Halfway through the movie he was already asking question about what was going on.

“Wait…why is he kissing her…I thought he was dating the other girl?”

“Oppa…”

“YAH! Don’t go in there!!!!~ You’ll get caught!”

“Seriously Oppa?”

He got pretty spazzy at certain parts in the movie.

Soon, she couldn’t even pay attention to the movie, his comments were pretty loud.

“YAH! Stop it! STOP! NOOO!~”

“Waaa!~ Such a spazzy derp!~”

“I am not!~” he whined.

“Jae Oppa, you’re even more entertaining than the movie!~”

______ laughed.

"Yah! I just don't get it..."

"You're getting worked up over a movie, you derp!! A movie, that you didn't even want to watch!"

 

 

__________________________________________________________

first chapter!!~ ^-^

 Please check out my Yoseob story "Always Singing Just For You~" too!

 http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/68008/always-singing-just-for-you-yangyoseob-yoseob-you