Chapter 21: I’m nothing without you.

The Next Love.

Chapter 21: I’m nothing without you.

Jiyong came back to the building and looked for Youngbae at his office; the older was checking papers and taking calls.

“Sorry for interrupting” Jiyong opened the door slightly and stepped in.

“You look better, did Seungri find you?” Youngbae said from his desk.

“Yes” Jiyong blushed a little bit “I need you to set up a news conference”

“I’ll make the calls later”

“For tonight”

“Tonight? It’s late!” Youngbae threw the papers and stared at his friend with no clue.

“It’s just 6:00 p.m., I’m sure you can get something for 7:00 p.m.” Jiyong said after inspecting his watch “Take them to the auditory and the employees too, I have an important statement to make” Jiyong said and walked away before Youngbae could ask anything about the statement.

 

Youngbae made the calls and gathered media and employees in the auditory as Jiyong demanded. Everybody was hyper for the news the CEO had to give, especially Youngbae, he was CEO’S best friend and he knew nothing, but for sure something changed when Jiyong took the walk in the park with Seungri.

Jiyong appeared on stage and sat down at the table full of microphones and cameras. It was ironic as he congregated those hyenas after running away from them by the morning.

“Goodnight, everybody” Jiyong said apathetically “I’ve been working for five years ceaselessly. I feel it’s time to take a breath from work, so from tomorrow, my assistant and best friend, Dong Youngbae will be the new chairman of GD’s Fashion”

All the presents were shocked, even Youngbae, he didn’t understand why Jiyong said those things, since he loved his work so much and he worked so hard to make the fashion’s emporium to happen. 

“Is it because your latest collection didn’t make well?” an interviewer asked.

“I wish things were easy like that” Jiyong mumbled.

“It’s because of Lee’s shipping corporation eldest son, Lee Seunghyun, right?” another interviewed cut off surprising everyone “People’s talking about how the  Lee family disinherited Seunghyun-ssi because he broke his engagement to the heiress of Park hotels, Park Bom”

Jiyong snapped his tongue and thought about what to answer.

“Yes, me and Seunghyun are friends since school… he’s offered me his place in London for me to rest”

“Does it mean you’re involved in some way? Are you lovers?”

“Thanks for coming, I hope you and the workforces take Youngbae warmly” Jiyong said finishing the news conference and vanished behind the curtain.

The media people tried chasing him, but the bodyguards stopped them from going further.

 

Youngbae knew Jiyong would be in his office; he didn’t waste time and went to see him.

“Are you serious?!” the black haired man rushed into the office when Jiyong was drinking a glass of wine.

“Am I laughing? I’m serious, Youngbae”

“Ha, you’re running away”

“I’m not running away, people keep saying I’m scared of Nam Taehyun, please, I don’t give a damn”

“I’m not talking about that” Youngbae replied “You’re running away from Seunghyun”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about” Jiyong clenched his jaw and looked away “Seunghyun isn’t even here… How could I run away from him?”

“You’re running away from the memories”

“What memories? I knew him for few months”

“That’s why it hurts you, these few months you’ve fallen…”

“Don’t say it” Jiyong tightened the glass in his hand strongly and broke it getting his skin cut.

Youngbae in worry reached his hand and covered it with a handkerchief he carried in the pocket.

“No matter what I feel, he never liked me; I paid him to like me. I’m such a loser, now I know”

“But you don’t love Seungri” Youngbae made Jiyong to sit down on the couch and went to search for the first aid kit.

“You know I loved him so much when we were going together to school” Jiyong replied.

Youngbae was in the bathroom looking for the kit, yet he listened clearly the things the blond said, he returned to the office and gave him a blue glare.

“I know you loved him, but right now you don’t”

“I can love him again, he’s been kind and gentle to me, he even broke up with Bom and became disinherited for me”

“It’s true” Youngbae said in defeat as he cleaned Jiyong’s wound in the hand and covered it with gauze.

Jiyong was the kind who cried in silence and he cried a lot right now, Youngbae could say that.

“I don’t want to be alone, I’m taking what I can. Seunghyun isn’t here. If he feels something for me, he’d be here, but not, Seungri is here, Seungri makes me safe, Seungri likes me back and he’s offered his place to stay and start again”

“So go with him” Youngbae said resolutely “Take all the time you need, I’ll take care of GD’s Fashion”

“Thank you” Jiyong smiled as his friend ended bandaging his hand.

“And you aren’t alone; I’ll always be here for you”

Jiyong nodded and smiled as Youngbae hugged him gently.

“Since you’re leaving tomorrow and I didn’t have time making a proper send-off party, let’s have dinner with our closest friends” Youngbae said.

“I like the idea” Jiyong smiled big and they were to call the friends and later went to a traditional Korean restaurant in Gangnam.

 

At the party there was karaoke, Youngbae sang and danced while Jiyong drank beer at the table. The majority of the friends were people from work, Yang Hyunsuk that was always busy, took time to celebrate and he brought his wife and children too, to them Jiyong was like family.

Daesung arrived with Suzy. They walked to the bar for drinks, Jiyong watched them without blinking. His heart beat faster and he started sweating, he thought he could see Seunghyun soon, since he was friend of Daesung and boyfriend of Suzy, but the time flew by and Daesung and Suzy were both of them without Seunghyun.

Where is he? Does he hate me so much he doesn’t even come to my farewell party? The designer thought and got up from his chair and reached Daesung’s table to greet him casually.

“Hi, Dae” Jiyong said startling him.

“Jiyong hyung! Hi!” Daesung said cheerfully “The news of your leaving is so rushed; I didn’t have time getting a present”

“Never mind” Jiyong smiled and faced the black haired girl “Hi, Suzy”

“Hi, Jiyong-ssi” she replied indifferently.

“I expect you having fun…” Jiyong clenched his jaw. I have to stop my stalker manners, I can’t ask for Seunghyun’s whereabouts. I have no right asking that. I’ll look hopeless and desperate “Where is Seunghyun?” Jiyong said ignoring his thoughts.

“You know” Suzy replied, irritated with Jiyong’s innocent question.

“I don’t know, that’s why I’m asking” Jiyong replied, puzzled.

“I know you’re my boss, but…” she stood up from her sit and faced Jiyong blatantly “How can you ask me for Seunghyun if you know, it’s your fault, disguising as a naïve man, deceiving him, so sickening…” she felt slapping the designer, but there were too many people around and Daesung was ready to stop her “He broke up with me, it’s really unkind for you to ask me about him, I don’t know anything since he moved out”

“Suzy…” Daesung tried helping, but he didn’t know what to do.

“I shouldn’t have come” she said and walked away between the crowd that danced on the dancefloor.

Suddenly, Jiyong had way too much information; he didn’t know what to assimilate first. Seunghyun broke up with Suzy and Seunghyun moved to somewhere.

“Where is he?!” Jiyong yelled at Daesung freaking him out.

“New york” the younger replied quickly.

“New York… When? How? Why?”

“He left past week”

“Give me the address”

“No” Daesung said firmly.

“You said no?” Jiyong grabbed Daesung by the collar, the younger was stronger, but Jiyong wasn’t joking when he wanted to know the damn address. He took the brown haired man to the VIP room where there was no one to interrupt them.

“Jiyong hyung, listen” Daesung panted when the older released him “Seunghyun hyung moved away for you to be happy with Seungri. He didn’t want to stay and ruin your happiness”

“Why would he think that?”

“He likes you” Daesung said “he didn’t tell me, but I know because we’re best friends since childhood, I know everything about my hyung, he likes you a lot, but he knows you likes Seungri, so he left for you to be happy”

“What are you saying?” Jiyong replied in shock “I hate pranks”

“I’m not kidding. Seunghyun hyung likes you; he’s in love with you. It’s not hard to discern, he was in love at high school with a girl and he never felt the same later, then you came into his life and I could see sparks in his eyes again”

Jiyong was too surprised, he reached the couch and sat down and took the vodka bottle, he needed a drink, he even pinched his arm to know he wasn’t dreaming.

“You say he… he is… in love with me? How? Why? I paid him to pretend to be my boyfriend to chase Seungri that never liked me before… I’m a pitiful and sad person…” Jiyong drank the vodka and sighed heavily, nothing made sense “Tell me how to find him in New York. I’ll go to New York”

“No, I won’t”

“I… I don’t like Seungri anymore, I appreciate him, but it’s not love, I want Seunghyun, I…”

“Hyung! Few hours ago you gave a news conference and told everybody you would go with Seungri to London tomorrow!!!”

“Because I didn’t know the way Seunghyun felt for me! I didn’t know he broke up with his girlfriend! I didn’t know I had a chance!!!”

“So are you telling me you feel the same for my hyung?”

“Yes”

“If I tell you where he is now and you go to New York and you change your mind again and in the end you really love Seungri… No, I won’t tell you where Seunghyun is, I won’t let you to play with him”

“I’ll fire you if you don’t tell me” Jiyong threatened.

“Will you?”

Jiyong turned his eyes and mumbled no.

“No, I won’t change my mind” Jiyong said absolutely “I like Seunghyun, I’m sure. It’s a long story. See, I had a crappy relationship with someone for three years. Three years! And he told me he didn’t love me. How can you don’t love someone and stay with him for three years? I kept Seunghyun away, because I didn’t want to make the same mistake, to repeat the same crappy story. I didn’t want to wake up three years later with Seunghyun telling me he didn’t love me for real. I want a safe thing, someone that never abandons me, but the truth is… There’s no such thing like being safe from hurt in love. I don’t care if I have three years or three days with Seunghyun, I want to be with him… I don’t care if we always argue for silly things, I don’t care if he’s stupid enough to go away instead of telling me he loves me, because I love him back and I’m afraid too. I don’t care if he dresses like a grandpa, I love him and maybe he doesn’t love me anymore, but I want him to know how I feel, I can’t live with this secret… and possibly I’ll lose Seungri forever, but I can’t be with him feeling like this”

“Hyung…” Daesung cut off “You should say these things to Seunghyun hyung, not me”

“Will you tell me where he is?”

“Yes, I’ll tell you everything!!!”

I don't have a day for updating, sometimes it's quick and sometimes takes a week (~ ̄▽ ̄)~
seunghyun has his own crappy love story, not just ji, next chapter I'll make flashback (´・` )♡

I can't picture seunghyun chasing jiyong, but I can think of jiyong chasing him (☉ε ⊙ノ)ノ

have great weekend, twenty kisses and hugs for every chap (っ˘з(˘⌣˘ )