Chapter 20: Love story.

The Next Love.

Chapter 20: Love story.

warning: namsong, namsong everywhere.

Bom arrived to the restaurant and walked towards Seungri who waited for her at the table.

“Goodnight, Bom” Seungri said friendly.

 “Goodnight” she replied straight-faced and sat down by his side.

“Have you taken breakfast?”

“A glass of Vosne-Romanée” Bom said to the waiter that remained near to the table.

“Isn’t too early to drink?” Seungri smiled.

The brunette ignored him while the waiter served the wine.

“Tell me, Seungri, what do you want?” Bom questioned after drinking the wine.

“What do you mean?”

“We broke up and there’s no reason for us to see each other anymore”

“You aren’t my fiancé anymore, but you’re still my friend”

“If you said so” she laughed mordantly.

“And as a friend I want to ask you a favor”

“What kind of favor?” Bom turned her eyes.

“Your family will offer an event at Namsan Tower tomorrow, but the tower was taken first by Jiyong for his runway. Can you help me with your parents? Tell them to give back the tower for Jiyong’s runway. You own numerous hotels here; you can make the event there”

“Sorry, Seungri, there’s nothing I can do” Bom said coldly and finished her drink “I think I better, go” she got up from the sit “Tomorrow I have an event to attend at Namsan Tower” she smiled and left Seungri speechless.

There was nothing on earth Seungri could do to make Bom to give the tower back. She wasn’t going to do that, it was her revenge for leaving her at the altar. It wasn’t about love, it was about pride, she couldn’t believe Seungri abandoned her for a so called designer like Jiyong.

 

Seungri went to GD’s fashion building to talk to Jiyong. The designer was depressed at the cafeteria, when Seungri met him; he was eating a tub of ice cream on his own while Youngbae was trying to cheer him up.

“Sorry, guys, it was impossible to come to terms with her” Seungri said.

“Thank you, Seungri-ah, you made your best” Jiyong shrugged his shoulders.

“Come on, Jiyong, there’s something we can do” Seungri held hi hand tightly in his.

 “I don’t think so” Youngbae said “I don’t want to be fatalist, but I made a lot of calls and there’s no vacant place”

Jiyong ate the last scoop of ice cream and sighed in defeat. He wasn’t sad for the runway, he was sad for Seunghyun, he already missed him so much even if he saw him the day before yesterday.

I have to get over it, I won't see him anymore. I don't even know what he’s doing now. Perhaps, he’s with his girlfriend. With the money he could buy expensive gifts for her and take her to nice places.

I feel I had to tell my feelings for him. It’s stupid, I know. If I had said my feelings for him, he would have freaked out or just smiled and be nice. I don’t think he would have shared my feelings. I guess it’s ok for me not saying anything at all, but there’s something in my chest, I can’t breathe, damn, I had to say it… But it’s childish and imprudent; it’s supposed I love Seungri and Seungri’s here right now!!!

At least, I had to ask Seunghyun to be my friend, even if I can’t have him as my lover, but being his friend would be worse than not being his friend, I’d have him every day and every day I’d be in pain for not being able to hold his hand and kiss him… The kiss… How long has it been? I don’t think he remembers anymore.

To be honest, I can’t remember the kiss either.

Aigoooo, I hate Seunghyun, damn you Choi Seunghyun for coming into my life and leaving.

 “Jiyong-ah, are you feeling well?” Seungri interrupted the designer’s thoughts.

 “Yes” Jiyong stared at the empty tub “I want more ice cream”

“Man, you already ate the entire tub” Youngbae said in worry, he never saw his friend eating like that previously.

Jiyong turned his head; he didn’t want to hear Youngbae’s scolding. He looked at the table where Seunghyun was sitting the first day he met him. Jiyong laughed at the memory, Seunghyun dressed like an ajusshi with glasses and a book.

 “Jiyong?” Seungri and Youngbae called in worry as Jiyong didn’t stop smiling at nothing.

“I have the place for tonight’s runway” Jiyong said abruptly.

“Really?” Youngbae said in surprise.

“This cafeteria is big; it can hold 2.000 people if we take away the tables and the chairs”

“I guess” Youngbae said uncertainly “But the cafeteria isn’t well-designed or stylish for such important occasion”

“You can bring the staff and decorate” Jiyong said all of a sudden motivated.

“Fine” Youngbae smiled infected by Jiyong’s enthusiasm “There’s time left to arrange everything to make this cafeteria the best runway people have ever seen”

 

2.000 guests accepted going to the Namsan Tower’s runway, but when they knew Jiyong lost the place, they changed their plans and accepted to go to Nam Taehyun’s show. In the end, Jiyong just got 1.000 people to assist his runway.

The celebrities and idols weren’t thrilled about the cafeteria, it sounded so low-cost and high school thing, the most chose going to other parties and events.

Nevertheless, Youngbae and Daesung did the best. They and the staff adorned the cafeteria and turned it into a fashionable and exciting place. The platform for the catwalk was settled in the center and the chairs were placed at the sides for the audience.

Most photographers and TV stations were at Nam Taehyun’s runway in hotel Ritz, but the few photographers, in Jiyong’s show, were keen for Jiyong’s new collection.

“This is like a showdown between Jiyong hyung and Taehyun” Daesung said “The collection that amazes tonight will make history and the loser will be labeled as flop and be mocked by everybody”

“Stop the nonsense” Youngbae beat the younger’s head “Jiyong’s collection is the best”

“You’re right, Jiyong hyung is the best” Daesung grabbed Youngbae’s hand confidently.

“Don’t be touchy” Youngbae said as Daesung didn’t want to release his hands.

     

Meanwhile, Jiyong was getting ready in his office, he wore a black tuxedo, very neat and very simple, he was nervous, it was the first he felt that since school.

“You’re stunning” Seungri said standing in the threshold.

“You’re too” Jiyong studied Seungri up and down, the younger wore a white suit that made him shinier, there was something in Seungri’s smile that made Jiyong smile too.

The designer reached his arm and went together to the lift.

They arrived to the cafeteria and paparazzi started taking photos.

“Goodnight, Jiyong-ah” an interviewer shouted out impatiently “We thought this collection wasn’t going to make it after you lost the Namsan Tower, but you turned this cafeteria in a fashionable and superb place”

“Jiyong-ah!!! Tell us why you chose this place to show your collection?” another interviewer asked.

“Uh” Jiyong stopped his way as people kept taking photos and asking the same question about the cafeteria “Today is San Valentine, right?”

“Yes” they replied in one voice.

“I think everybody has a special place where they met their loved ones. Even the simplest place like this cafeteria or classroom or food stall at the night market is special if you found your special one there, don’t you think so?” Jiyong said.

“Do you mean you found your special one in this cafeteria?” an interviewer requested.

“It’s time for the show” Jiyong evaded the question; he didn’t feel like talking about Seunghyun. The thought made him miserable and that night was too important to be miserable and low-spirited.

 

Next week everybody was talking about Nam Taehyun’s collection, his dresses and suits were faultless and wonderful. He designed a ring inspired by San Valentine and everybody loved it, it was a ring with heart shaped.

Jiyong threw the newspaper (with an article about how brilliant Nam Taehyun was) to the trash can. He didn’t sleep and he had dark circles around his eyes.

“Jiyong” Youngbae entered to the office and put a cup of hot coffee on the desk “People are stupid, man, don’t worry. I think your collection is better and I think the ring you made for San Valentine is better too. Your ring has seahorse shaped and Taehyun made a boring and unoriginal ring; everybody can make a ring with a damn heart on it”

“To be honest, my friend” Jiyong laughed surprising the black haired man “I’m not sad for the flop, I don’t care” he shrugged his shoulders.

“Kwon Jiyong!!! Are you feeling well?!” Youngbae shook his friend’s shoulders “You aren’t like this!!! You love your work!!!”

“I guess I didn’t know the real meaning of love” Jiyong got up from the chair “I’ll be fine. I’ll take a walk”

Youngbae was concerned, Jiyong was too emo and Jiyong wasn’t like that.

“Choi Seunghyun, I will kill you!” Youngbae was sure Jiyong acted like that because of the missing writer.

      

Jiyong went to the park near his building, he wanted to be alone for a while and bring together his ideas, however, a bunch of paparazzi presented and ran towards him and cornered him against a tree.

“Jiyong-ah!!! How do you feel about your latest collection not topping the first place?”

“Jiyong, the magazines are calling your collection repetitive and nothing new!”

“Hey, the ring was your first try of making jewelry and it failed!!!”

“Celebrities and idols are loving Nam Taehyun’s collection and the ring he made is so breath taking!!!”

Jiyong didn’t want to answer, he felt trapped and lost. Everybody pushed the cameras and microphones against him, when he felt fading; someone grasped his hand tightly and took him away from those hyenas.

At first, Jiyong didn’t know who his savior was, but when they reached a quiet spot in the park, the guy that grabbed his hand strongly turned around to face him.

“Seungri” Jiyong said in surprise.

“I went to your office and Youngbae told me you were here. I didn’t think those paparazzi were harassing you”

“Thank you for saving me” the blond smiled weakly.

“I hate this you who’s gloomy”

“I’m fine” Jiyong lied and forced his smile.

Seungri shook his head and made the blond to sit down on the bench.

“Listen, you’re tired, you’ve worked so much these last years” Seungri said “Don’t you think it’s time to take a breath?”

“What do you mean?”

“Go with me to London” Seungri held Jiyong’s face “You can stay with me in my study. We can have dinner every night, walk every day, go to parks, museums, restaurants, be a couple…” Seungri blushed to some extent “I’ve never done this before… I’m a playboy, you know, but at this moment I want you to be with me always. I want to be your boyfriend and take care of you and love you, of course” Seungri spoke with his heart, but he appreciated Jiyong was undecided “Don’t answer me now” he got up from the bench and stepped back “Tomorrow I’ll be in Incheon airport, I’ll wait for you, my flight will be 1:59 p.m., if you don’t appear, I’ll take it as no

“Seungri-ah!” Jiyong exclaimed helplessly.

The black haired man walked away, he hoped with all his heart for Jiyong to show up.

“I will go with you!” Jiyong cried out and ran and reached Seungri’s arm and held him tightly from behind.

“Jiyong” Seungri said excited and surprised, he turned around and took Jiyong into his arms and embraced him gently, subsequently he kissed him passionate. No matter if Jiyong didn’t love him like before, he was going to make him to fall for him again.

      

Nam Taehyun’s collection was a success, though there were haters too. They hated how simple the ring heart shaped was. But the designer had an answer for that.

“I know how simple is the ring I made” Taehyun said to the fans on a TV show “But when your boyfriend buys the ring to you, a ring with a heart form, it’s as if he’s giving you his heart and when you put the ring on and take it everywhere it’s as if you take your boyfriend everywhere, you can feel him near even if you’re apart. Love is like that, being together even if you’re apart”

“Oh my, Taehyun, you’re so young and saying things so smart and true” the hostess said “I want my boyfriend to buy me your ring!” she laughed “I’d have to get a boyfriend first though”

The audience laughed and so Nam, he answered all the questions and once he finished, he went to sign autographs while Mino waited for him in the backstage.

Mino carried a bouquet of roses with him and when Nam showed up he dropped his jaw in surprise, Mino was kneeling on the ground.

“What are you doing?” Nam asked in confusion.

“Sorryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, yesterday was San Valentineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! I wasn’t there!!! I had schoolllllllllllllllllllll, don’t hate meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee”

“Mino” Nam sighed as his boyfriend gave the roses to him.

“Forgive me, babe” Mino crawled towards Nam and hugged his legs tightly.

“You’re y” Nam blushed as Mino rubbed his face against his legs “I don’t hate you” Nam replied “Remember? We talked the past week and you told me you were busy on San Valentine and I told you let’s meet day after San Valentine and celebrate it. Don’t you remember?”

“Eh… Oh my God, it’s true” Mino got up from the floor “Cough, cough, I forgot, but yes, yes, let’s go out today!!!”

“Wait for me in the car; I’ll talk to my manager first, ok?”

“Yes”

“Though I’m mad at you… How can you think I’d leave you for this? I love you, silly” Nam said and blushed; he walked away before Mino started crying and jumping on him.

Flashback

Nam worked hard every night on his collection, San Valentine was close. Mino didn’t like that his boyfriend stopped eating because of the working, so he always went to Nam’s house after college and made dinner for him.

Sometimes Mino was clumsy and burned the kitchen and Nam Taehyun had to stop working and make the dinner for him.

“Aiggggggoooo, I try taking care of you and you end up taking care of me” Mino said, ashamed.

“I like taking care of you” Nam said and put the plates of rice and dak galbi on the table.

“Do you mean it for real?” Mino said excited.

“Ye… yea…” Nam blushed as Mino held him by the waist and kissed him.

“Let’s eat” Mino made his boyfriend to sit first and accompanied after.

“I have to work…”

“Shut up, you’ve been working nonstop” Mino said placing rice inside Nam’s mouth “Eat a lot and sleep”

“But…” Nam couldn’t say anything; Mino kept pushing rice and salad inside his mouth “Uh… I’ve finished the clothing… aaah…” he swallowed and drank water “But I haven’t considered the ring, I don’t have ideas… The San Valentine is next week…”

“Talking about San Valentine…” Mino replied “I’ll be busy; the college has given a lot of work…”

“So?”

“We won’t be able to be together, our first San Valentine!!!” Mino cried out desperately.

“I’ll be busy too, let’s celebrate it later” Nam smiled.

“You’re right; I’ll take you to ice cream, movie, fairground… Everything you want!!!” Mino said and took out a pen from his bag and drew a heart on paper and gave it to Nam “I promise, Taehyunie, my heart will be with you these days when we’re apart”

Nam held the paper with the heart drawn by Mino and smiled and blushed, it was the best gift he could receive and then the idea for the ring came… Endflashback