Breakfast Song - Drabble Dump 9 [VIXX, Leo]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Inspired by : Elizabeth Bishop's Breakfast Song


I love your eyes.

I’m convinced I can see the whole world in them. Those narrow cat-like eyes held the universe and beyond as they warmly gaze at me. You crinkle your funny little face as you leaned down to press your lips against mine. I revel in the taste of coffee on your tongue which languidly sweeps against mine as you kiss me again, running your long fingers through my hair. I whimper as I look back up at those intense dark eyes and declare you’re my saving grace.

You wave a little farewell, picking up your bags, promising to return soon as your plush lips return upon mine in what becomes a drawn out goodbye kiss. Even if I’m lying in the hospital bed, I can remember last night when I slept with you, my limbs tangled with your long ones with breathless kisses and endless warmth.

How many ever times I may have said I don’t fear death, I fear lying in slumber forever without you by my side. But here I am, cold and alone, lying in these white sheets that aren’t my own. The air doesn’t smell of you and me, it smells absolutely empty. I can hear a monitor beep away somewhere, they say it’s my heart, they say it’s too weak. I know I don’t have long since cold death is inevitable, my eyes fall shut as I nearly give in.

But the door flies open and there you stand, breathless, gasping my name as you take me in your arms.

My saving grace with a funny face.

And eyes I love.