Teaser 19 (Beautiful) [EXO's Lay/ Zhang Yixing]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

 

 

happened.

Feels went for a toss.

Based on this


 

 

“Hey Daiyu,” he called into the studio as she jerked, earbud falling out of her ear as she spun around on her little stool to blink at him. Her hands were still fixed on the dull grey clay, smoothing it out with her thumbs, trying to re-create a face but feeling like she was failing. Her brain felt taxed and tired but she didn’t want to give up on her clay sculpture, not yet at least.

“Are you even listening to me?” he commented, now leaning against the door frame with an amused smile on his face. He had been watching her work the day away at the sculpture studio in that ridiculously large t-shirt she had stolen from him and those old faded denim shorts someone had finally convinced her to wear. She hummed in reply, frustrated with the clay that simply refused to listen to her.

“This isn’t working out Xing!” she groaned as he finally made his way towards her, hands resting on her shoulders as he took a look at the sculpture she had been working on.

“Is this me?” he blinked as she gently nudged him in the stomach.

“Don’t flatter yourself too much. It’s my prince charming.” She replied arching her back in an attempt to stretch only to have the back of her head bumping into his chest. He smiled as she looked up at him, before halting her attempts to return to the sculpture in front of her.

“No point denying the fact that it’s me,” he chuckled as she rolled her eyes trying to evade his hands “come on Daiyu, take a break, even the prof would have told you to.” He finally caught hold of her wrists, holding them gently away from his face (which she intended on smearing with clay) only to watch a streak of it gliding over her own cheek. He chuckled as she frowned, giving up and tossing a plastic sheet over her piece and heading over to the sink to rinse her hands.

“God, it’s cold.” She shivered, toweling her hands and watching the tips of her fingers turn blue. Yixing shook his head, still noticing the swipe of clay on her face. Walking over, he ran his thumb over the stained skin.

“You missed a spot.”

Daiyu’s face morphed into something between disbelief and surprise as she turned back to quickly wipe away the clay, fingers still freezing as they made contact with the now warmer cheek which Yixing had touched. Turning back around and rubbing her hands together, she eyed the man who just smiled back gently.

“Where to now?”

The smile spread into a dimpled grin as his hands engulfed hers instantly bringing in warmth and heat up her cheeks. Bringing their hands closer to his lips he lets out a breath of warm air over the tips of her fingers, squeezing them softly and watching them flush back to a health pink. He reached over and untangled the hanging earbud from her hair, removing the other from her ear before placing them in her hands.

“Secret.” He whispered lacing their fingers together, slowly and gently pulling her behind him. She was somewhere between frustrated and curious but she couldn’t help but notice how nice her hand felt in his. They’re warm and she doesn’t want to let go. She notes that he’s leading her somewhere on the campus that she has been on but wasn’t very sure of where exactly they were.

“Xing…” she begins as he pushed the door open to reveal a room she had never visited before. Glass windows lined one side as the evening sun streamed through them reflecting off a mirrored wall. The room was sparsely furnished, with two comfortable looking chairs, a throw rug, a little shelf and a coffee table. There were speakers in four corners of the room and a music system set up.

“Welcome to the dance club’s secret room!” Yixing declared with a flourish; still not letting go of her hand not that she was complaining.

“You mean the room you guys finally got after years of battling with the management?” Daiyu deadpanned as Yixing pouted at her.

“You should be in awe, not wisecrack!”

She turned to him and looked him in the eye “it’s really cool Xing, I’m glad you guys finally got this.”

A huge ball of fur came bounding over from the corner of the room nearly knocking the two over. Daiyu gaped at the excited dog panting at their feet with almost a silly grin on its face.

“Xing, is this?” Daiyu began, shocked at the sight of the fluffy white dog. Her free hand caressed the dog’s head as it leaned into the touch with its eyes shut.

“Akira? Yep. We managed to keep her.” Yixing smiled knowing how much the dog had meant to Daiyu as the management had tried to get it adopted and send it away from the college campus. He and the rest of the dance club had managed to give him a home in their new room. Daiyu squeezed his hand and leaned closer to him as they made their way into the room.

“I’m going to practice for a bit, why don’t you just relax and grab something from the shelf?” he said, reluctantly detaching himself from her as she sighed, feet sinking into the throw rug as she pulled out a small kettle and a pouch of instant coffee.

“You guys have spruced this place up pretty well.” She commented as Yixing turned over to the music system and hit play.

“Let’s just say your idea of going to a flea market worked out.” He replied, moving over to face the mirrors, warming up just a little before letting go and moving fluidly to the music.

The kettle went off as Daiyu poured the heated water into the mug of powdered coffee, stirring in some sugar and taking a seat on the chair. Akira was quick to join her, placing her head on the armrest and waiting to be petted. Her eyes never left Yixing’s moving figure, admiring how graceful and fluid it was, envious of his ability to dance. Maybe even proud. The steaming cup of coffee, the dog at her feet, the man she loved with her, and for that moment, Daiyu felt at peace with everything in the world.

“You need to stop staring, it’s making me feel conscious.” Yixing quipped, halting before turning around to face her as she blinked, setting down her mug on the table. Her hair was down from its bun, she had leaned back comfortably and the serene smile on her face glowed, drawing him closer to her. Akira’s head rested on her foot as she had curled up on the seat and Yixing didn’t have the heart to push her away.

“Can’t help it,” She mumbles and Yixing clambers onto her seat “there is another chair you know” she continues, only leaning closer to him and resting her head on his chest. The mellow thump of his heart below her ear is soothing as he arm snakes around her. It’s a moment of bliss, everything feels natural even when she looks up to meet those sparkling eyes that she declares will be the death of her. Everything feels perfectly natural when they kiss. Perfect, serene and unhurried as they draw impossibly close to each other, languidly feeling their pulses sync.

The sun sets, painting the sky a glorious pink as the room lights up for just a little before the light dims away. They sit watching in each other’s arms, completely at peace.