Babysitting. [EXO, Kyungsoo]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Request by : RukawaHolmes

Prompt: Kyungsoo and little child.

Genre: Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life.

Words: 1017


“We’re babysitting.” Kyungsoo calmly said after shutting the door behind him as you groaned on the couch you had just settled down on. You rolled over from your stomach to rest your chin on the edge and glare at the puppy faced man you claimed as your own.

“Soo, how the heck do you always…”

A pair of large eyes stared back at you from two different heights. One showing pure curiosity and the other pleading you to go along with them. You fixed yours on the former which were set on a tiny face, framed by straight long hair. They stared back at you like you were a new toy. She was a pretty little girl of about four and by the way she held onto Kyungsoo’s index finger, you could tell that she was extremely shy.

“This is my niece Kyungri.” Kyungsoo’s voice snaps the both of you out of your trances.

“Soo, this was your one day off.” You grumbled as he led the kid to the sofa and lifted her onto it.

“But isn’t she adorable?” Kyungsoo crooned, playing with her hair fondly, causing your palm to meet your forehead. Sure the kid was cute, but this was the one day Kyungsoo had off from his busy schedule and he had promised to spend it with you in the dorms while the other monkeys ran wild in the city. Except Suho, he ran civilized.

“Do Kyungsoo.” You groaned yet again causing him to look at you apologetically.

“It’s only for a couple of hours. Don’t worry.”

“Oppa, I’m hungry.” A little voice piped up from between the two of you. You jolted at the sudden outbreak and looked at the cute person slightly startled. Kyungsoo chuckled at the two of you and mouthed “starting trouble” before reaching over to pick the child up and carry her to the kitchen while asking her what she wanted to eat. You stood up and followed the two, preparing yourself for a long few hours of exercise. It was always the ones who had starting troubles that wreaked havoc.

Boy did things go crazy after that.

Kyungri had replenished her energy on whatever Kyungsoo had fed her. It had looked awfully a lot like Kris’s personal stash of ice cream and for whatever it was, Kyungsoo enjoyed playing with fire and you didn’t particularly agree with him there. Neither did you think sugar rushes were safe for kids, but apparently Kyungsoo didn’t agree with you there.

“Unnie, unnie, unnie!” Kyungri sang as she jumped up and down on Luhan’s bed. Kyungsoo watched proudly as you covered your face, wondering what the consequence of these actions would be.

“Yes Kyungri?” you asked, your eyes following the figure flying up and landing down over and over.

“Let’s watch Pororo!”

Cartoons! That would probably keep her calm for a little while! As cute as she was, she was the devil when she was on sugar and you had a strong feeling that Kyungsoo was the same when he was a kid. Kyungsoo had somehow vanished from the room leaving you alone with an over excited, over cute kid.

Damn you Do Kyungsoo.

“Unnieee?” Kyungri

“Yesss?”

“Could you help me down?” she asked, pouting making your heart melt. You wondered if your kid would ever be this cute as you held onto her little waist her lifted her off Luhan’s bed, hoping to god he wouldn’t notice the mess she had made of his sheets. She adjusted herself on your hip and you carried her to the living room laughing as she played with your hair. The two of you settled down yet again on the sofa and you the television as she cuddled into you.

The television blared childish music and funny cartoon characters danced around the screen. You heard the occasional giggle from Kyungri and watched the large eyes slowly dim over the episode of Pororo, the sugar rush was crashing, and fast. You chuckled to yourself as you watched the episode go on until she finally dozed off cuddled by your side. You adjusted yourself until she was in a comfortable position with her head resting on your lap and softly her hair as she fell asleep. You felt a hand rest on your head.

“You’d make a good mother don’t you think?”

You turned around to see Kyungsoo smiling down at you.

“Where did you disappear to?”

“Manager hyung called.”

“Mhmm.”

“So, how about being the mother to my kids?” he cracked a smile making a new shade of red climb up your cheeks.

“Soo! Not in front of the kid!”

“She’s asleep,” He pouted, just like Kyungri had done when she had asked you to help you off the bed. Damn Do family genetics! “Either way, I’m not taking no for an answer.” He shrugged, leaning down and pressing his lips against yours. You smiled into the kiss as he held you chin and deliberately dragged his lips against yours. You jolted back.

“Soo! The kid!”

“Oh hush!” he whispered back before kissing you again, it was sweet and loving even though you were in an awkward position, it held promises of the future and also the cuddling that would follow the departure of Kyungri.

Only to be interrupted.

“Holy ! Did you guys already have a kid?!” Sehun squealed as he thundered into the dorm, breaking the two of you apart and gaping to you while the rest of the members piled in behind him.

“The Rainbow couple isn’t so innocent anymore.” Kai sing songed as Xiumin chuckled at the two of you who looked like deer in the headlights. Kyungri stayed asleep through the ruckus.

After what seemed like endless teasing, Suho and Xiumin were kind enough to disperse the group. Kyungsoo plopped down beside you, placing his sleeping niece’s legs over his lap. The two of you smiled at each other as you rested your head on his shoulder.

Peace at last.

“WHO MESSED UP MY BED IN SUCH A MANNER?! I WILL KILL THEM!”

“SOMEONE STOLE MY ICECREAM!”

Maybe not.


I will have a poster up for this soon enough ^^

Hope you like it!