Late Night Telephone Calls [Leo, VIXX]

For The Love of Writing. One Shot Collection

Inspired by the time Seungho called Leo on Japan MonTV. Leo has the nicest voice on the phone. (Yes, I'm whipped.)

Cheese and fluff and heart burn.


The incessant buzzing from her phone caused her to reach over and grasp it in her fingers. Groggy with sleep, her short nails came into her vision as she cursed herself for giving in and chewing on them again out of habit.  It was then that she realised that she should probably reply to the person on the other end of the phone call.

What idiot would call her at this time of night?

"Hey." His voice sent a shiver down her spine as a warmth spread across her body and a lazy smile perked her lips up. She curled herself up into a comfortable position as she hummed into the phone happily.

"Taekwoon..."

There was a comfortable silence as she heard a chair creak in the background. A breath escaped his lips and filtered its way into her ears.

"I can hear you breathe," She chuckled lowly as another breath escaped him with a soft "ah!" She held back her laughter knowing he was probably blushing on the other end of the line "I don't mind silly. Is everything okay there?" She went on, knowing she might have to start the conversation.

"Yes," his voice was so gentle yet so clear, an involuntary smile graced her lips "I had my Dream Team 2 filming today." She could hear the exhaustion in his voice making her straighten and stare at the clock. 2 AM, what was he doing up?

"You need to sleep, I'll hang up..."

"No!" His voice came quick causing her to halt her actions. Taekwoon sighed, ruffling his hair and leaning back into his seat realising that he might have possibly sounded desperate.  He eyed the jumble of action figure on his desk standing next to the three hour old empty coffee cup.

"Taekwoon? What's wrong?"

Her voice was endearing across the line. She still sounded as groggy as she did in the beginning which reminded him of the times where she was closer to him, cuddling against his frame under the sheets. A smile crept onto his face at the memory as his eyes slid shut.

"How is the study going?" He asked, trying to take the focus off him as he heard her exhale heavily.

"It's going somewhere," she sounded positive "I should be back soon. In about a weeks time." She added, answering the underlying question he had posed causing a small smile to appear.

"That's great." His voice was lighter now as the chair creaked again in the background and echoed making her giggle. There was a sudden tugging in his chest at the sound.

"So, when do I get to see you being disgustingly competitive on Dream Team 2?" There was amusement in her voice as he scoffed into his phone, rolling his eyes.

"Would you like me to rephrase that you highness?" She quipped, making a short chuckle escape his lips which made a shiver run down her spine and a thick blush paint her cheeks.

"Sure, why not?" He laughed yet again, preparing himself for the worst from the witty lady across the line and thousands of miles away from him.

"When do I get to see you being athletic and ridiculously attractive on Dream Team 2?" She mumbled as his jaw dropped causing him to fumble for words.

"Are you blushing?" Her laughter was evident in her voice. When he quickly responded with a negative even though his cheeks were on fire. There was a pause as another question caused his cheeks to light up like a Christmas light.

"Are you talking to me from the bathroom?"

"What?! No! I'm in my workspace." He quickly replied making her laugh and his chest to clench with longing yet again.

What's your schedule like for the next week?" She asked, soothingly as he closed his eyes relaxing into her voice.

"Hectic. Not like we're promoting, but you know how the Chinese album is coming out." He smiled, knowing the response.

"Jung Taekwoon are you planning on killing me?"  He could hear the pout in her voice.

"I can't help it if you like me speaking in Chinese." He shrugged as she grumbled about how his voice would be the death of her one day. She was like an open book and he enjoyed watching (in this case listening) to her reactions to his teasing. A yawn escaped him and her grumbling stopped instantly.

When her voice filtered into his ears again, it was softer, caressing him gently.

"Taekwoonie," suddenly he felt like putty "put out your futon and at least lie down. I'm sure you're tired."

Jung Taekwoon, found himself following her every word she said. Sometimes he was certain that girl would be the death of him.

Sighing when his back met the cushioned surface. He whispered her name into the telephone as she hummed in reply, her heart thrumming a tad bit faster.

"I wish you were here." He was barely audible, but she could hear him.

"I wish I was there too. Then we can go meet Minyool together." She smiled, trying to cheer him up and succeeding for a little as he pictured her with his beloved nephew in her arms.

"Yeah." He sighed happily. The lights were off and now it was just him and her while the whole world slept.

"I love you."

His eyes shot open, she didn't say this often. But neither did he. So every time she did, it felt ridiculously special. He felt a warmth spread over his chest as she rambled ahead.

"I love your voice, it calms me down and at the same time gets me so excited it's embarrassing. I love how you're such a poker faced kitty cat," he resisted the urge to roll his eyes as a grin slowly made it way to his lips "but you're also a cheese ball romantic on the inside. You're such a baby Taekwoonie under all that manly man. And I love that." She buried her head into her pillow as tears combined with a thick blush threatened to escape.

Jung Taekwoon was happy. In fact he was ecstatic as he pressed his ear closer to the phone ignoring the vibrations coming from it as he squinted and tried to dismiss all the notifications that were interrupting the monologue he didn't want to miss.

"I love you so much Jung Taekwoon. It makes me get a heart burn."

Silence filled the static space as an unexpected voice filled it instantly.

"Leo-jjing~ Ottokaji?!~" Jaehwan's voice filtered into their ears, teasing in its tone

"What the - " she began as Taekwoon hastily ended the conference call which he had accidentally started effectively ending both the phone calls as he frantically stared at the screen trying to redial her number as technology failed on him. It wasn't until  text message from her halted his frantic tapping.

"It's alright,  kick Jaehwan for me tomorrow. But for now, go to sleep Taekwoonie. Good night.I love you."

A soft smile spread across is lips as he tapped in a few words and hit send before closing his eyes and slowly drifting off.

She woke up the next morning to find two text messages.

"ㅜ_ㅜ  Hyung kicked my hiney and it hurts - Jaehwan"

"Good night. I love you more than you can imagine. - Taekwoonie"

A smile bloomed on her lips. She couldn't wait to get back home.


Goodbye.