16th Birthday [Part 3/3]

Fight Club

Sana POV

Kris lay motionless on the ground. I covered a hand over my mouth, suddenly winning didn't feel so good. 

I watched as his chest rose and fell, so Kris was breathing. He just wasn't conscious.

"Leejun, that was amazing!" Luhan said running to my side, my eyes were glued on Kris. The room was dead silent, I was holding desperately back the urge to cry.

"How do you do that?" Baekhyun asked me.

"Huh?" I finally turned

"How do you change your power so quickly, so.. Easily?"

"I dunno, I think about how I can hurt for some one and hope it'll happen"

"So like a genie?"

"More like a miracle worker! I think your the first to beat Kris on the first fight!" Luhan cut in.

"Speak for yourself, I beat Kris on our first match"

"I did too" Chen added 

"Well I still think he's a miracle worker" Luhan said grabbing my arm. The softness had returned to his touch. 

I turned to Lay, looking desperate. I couldn't stand to see Kris the way he was any longer. Seeing my expression, he nodded and brush by everyone.

"You know, you guys make it harder and harder for me to heal you every match, right?" Lay said as he went to heal Kris. 


"I have to go" I said and jogged out of the mansion. My body felt absolutely drained, like I could faint at any moment. I wanted to scream and cry. I was completely regretting my match with Kris. I decided from then on I wouldn't fight anymore, frankly I was scaring myself. 

"Sana, what happened? You left everyone hanging"
 
"I'm just.. Just in shock is all" I hung my head.

"C'mon you should be happy, you won your first fight" Luhan said wrapping an arm around me. My legs were trembling slightly, I leaned on Luhan for support. 

It was my birthday and Luhan was trying to cheer me up. Here I was acting like a sad sap, I decided I wasn't going let my stupid feelings get in the way of a good time. 

"Hey Luhan, you wanna do something I used to do with my dad?"

"Sure" 

 

Luhan POV

A small spark set off on the end of my stick as it suddenly came to life in a glittering ball of light. I loved sparklers. I waved the wand around and drew pictures in the air. I spelled out my name and even being a little childish, made a wish. Sana had told me she used to do this with her father, only they'd also have special fireworks. I'd only seen fireworks once or twice in my life, but when I'd seen them I would fall in love with fluorescent colour. And I intriguing patterns you got from sending off more than one at once.


Sana POV

The sparklers felt like they lasted not nearly long enough. It wasn't my Dad's tradition, but it was close enough. I felt like he was there the whole time, and I didn't want this moment to end. 

"So it's still your birthday till midnight, we still have a few hours. What do you wanna do?" 

"I could use some food" 

 

Kris POV

I woke up from what felt like a long nap, six pairs of eyes stared down at me. The previous events came back to me. I am so STUPID! I cannot believe I let myself get beaten by a puni rookie like Leejun. I knew Leejun was a weird one from the begining but just from seeing the way he acted around Luhan, I wouldn't have believed he had it in him. Humiliated or not, I felt more respect for the little guy.

I looked around, we were at my house, in my living room. Tao, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun hovered over me, Lay behind me. The muscles around my neck tingled, probably from being repared. Lay moved his hands away from me as I tried to sit up. My shoulders soon started to ache again from Lay's lack of attention. 

"Good, you're awake" I glared at him, hoping he'd get the message. 

"How long was I out for?" Iooked down at my clothes, someone had changed me out of my jeans and into track pants. My shirt hung over the side of the couch, 45% destroyed and probably permanently stained. "What did he do to my shirt?" I muttered.

"A good hour and a bit, Lay's been healing you the entire time. Leejun really did some damage" Kyungsoo said.

"It was a good thing Daehyun was at the club today, or we may not have been able to extract that vennom you had in your bloodstream." Lay said moving his hands away, the tingling sensation stopped. I looked from shoulder to shoulder, I was still marked with white scars. I expected more from you, Lay. 

"Sorry, I'll get the rest later" Lay said, reading my mind "I need to rest, in the meantime you should a well. It wouldn't kill your body to heal itelf once in a while"

"That was some fight though" Baekhyun said gazing out the window.

"Yeah, Leejun could've killed you. No wonder you didn't want to accept his challenge rightaway" Tao added handing me a tank top. My shoulders didn't hurt, they just felt weak. I lay back down and closed my eyes. I still felt humiliated,  couldn't undertand why though. I'd been beaten before, I couldn't wrap my head around why this fight had been such an embarrassment on my part. Maybe 'cause I didn't get to show off my famous roar, or 'cause I wasn't conscious that long. Or maybe because it'd just been that long since the lat time I was beaten on the first fight. 

 

Luhan POV

It may have been Sana's birthday, but the day felt like my own. Because I was able to spend it with Sana. I walked up the steps to Sana's house, there was a note on the door.

Sana,

I have to work late today. Go to one of 

your friends' houses or something, JUST 

this once but NO boys!

Sorry,

--Mom 

"What's it say?"

"Your mother's gonna be late.. You wanna come over to my house?"

What started as a few minutes, became a few hours and eventually the whole night. That night had been the best night of my life. Pleasure filled and cooped up with laughter and alcohol, it wasn't until Sana began to cry